PDA

View Full Version : California gun petitions

sport.pilot
09-21-2016, 6:47 AM
Recently I received an email from Ignatius Piazza of FrontSight regarding petitions to sign regarding new gun laws. So, I recently visited a CA gun shop and signed a bunch of petitions. It was my understanding that if enough signatures were collected, the laws that these petitions referenced would be on the November Ballot so that the people could vote them up or down. I just received my November Election Guide, and not one of laws discussed in the petitions was in it. Can someone explain this? Is there going to be supplemental election guide? I thought it was way to late to get this stuff on the ballot, but the gun shop person did not know about it when I questioned him. How does one find out more information regarding what is happening with the petitions and if they are being successful? Thanks.

Jak Nobody
09-21-2016, 6:57 AM
If we get enough signatures at this point, it will be on the November 2018 ballot, since we passed the deadline for this year's ballot.

ez2b
09-21-2016, 7:04 AM
But it's my understanding that it will be put on hold until we get a chance to vote on it in 2018

EZ

sport.pilot
09-21-2016, 7:35 AM
Are you saying that the laws passed by the CA Legislature will not be implemented until the 2018 Election? Can you tell me where you read that? That would be great if true.

ez2b
09-21-2016, 7:54 AM
It was stated in the original Vito forum that if we get the signatures it will be too late to be in this year's ballot so it will be on the 2018 ballot which means everything gets held off until then until the people get to vote on it and that's if and only if there's enough signatures

EZ

sport.pilot
09-21-2016, 8:30 AM
Oh I guess I misunderstood. I understood you to be saying that if enough signatures were gathered, that the laws would not go into effect until the people voted on the issues in ten 2018 elections. Thanks.

Cal_shooter
09-21-2016, 8:53 AM
But still go vote no on prop 63

ez2b
09-21-2016, 8:54 AM
So if we get enough signatures everything gets halted until we get a chance to vote for it in 2018

EZ

MaHoTex
09-21-2016, 9:09 AM
...and then in 2018, when the people vote to let the legislation stand at a ratio of 63%-37%, the legislative body will be even more emboldened to enact additional legislation further restricting our rights. As I have said before, my wife says I am Mr. Negativity. I hope that I a wrong, but I would bet this is exactly what will happen.

ez2b
09-21-2016, 9:32 AM
^^^^^^ I wouldn't bet against that we are speaking about California

EZ