PDA

View Full Version : Lee offers free replacement parts for their Ergo hand primer

alpha_romeo_XV
09-02-2016, 7:47 PM
Been using the Lee std hand primer for several years, but started using some Tula small rifle magnum primers that were such a tight fit in my 5.56 LC brass (even after reaming the primer pockets) that I ordered the Lee Ergo hand primer since it uses your fingers instead of one thumb. Using the bench press allows you all the leverage of the pull handle but that is a much slower process.

Well the Ergo helped until it broke after about 500 rounds over a couple of months. I recall some negative reviews about it before I bought it which I think were for this reason. The part allows only one primer to enter the push up pin area at a time.

I looked on the Leeprecision.com web site to see if I could order a replacement part and turns out they drop the price to $0.00 after you add it to your cart. They provide the whole mechanism not just the fragile part. The large primer has a more solid plastic part than the spring like small primer part so the large may hold up better. Since both are free I ordered two of small and one of the large. Just had to pay shipping so I ordered a couple of shell holder sizes I was missing #12 for 7.62x39 and #6 for 218 Bee to make it worth the shipping.

http://i.imgur.com/ThxGjkC.jpg

bigdawg86
09-02-2016, 7:59 PM
I am using the 21st century reloading primer tool, and it uses the Lee mechanism. I found it flips small primers ALOT if you're not careful. Just sayin.

I was looking for replacement parts for my Lee Classic Turret and found the same... free once you add to cart!