PDA

View Full Version : Fingerprinting us discriminatory... unless you are buying a gun

sothoth
06-11-2016, 5:56 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/saunders/article/Holder-Fingerprinting-rules-are-racist-7974544.php?ref=yfp

Why should anyone be treated like a criminal unless they've committed a crime? I guess it's discriminatory unless you're buying a gun. Then we presume guilt until proven otherwise.

FrankMo
06-12-2016, 2:43 AM
Discriminates against who? People without finngers? Teachers, cops, firefighters and all kinds of things requires fingerprinting. Jobs that if you don't get, you can't buy and gun and get fiingerprinted. Hack, to cash a check inn a bank not yours requires a thumbprint.

FrankMo

speedrrracer
06-12-2016, 5:08 AM
More idiots crying everything is racist? Not even news.

Fjold
06-12-2016, 5:57 AM
I agree with Holder, we should stop fingerprinting gun buyers because it deters minorities from buying guns.

sothoth
06-12-2016, 7:35 AM
I agree with Holder, we should stop fingerprinting gun buyers because it deters minorities from buying guns.

I agree.

sothoth
06-12-2016, 4:06 PM
Discriminates against who? People without finngers? Teachers, cops, firefighters and all kinds of things requires fingerprinting. Jobs that if you don't get, you can't buy and gun and get fiingerprinted. Hack, to cash a check inn a bank not yours requires a thumbprint.

FrankMo

He also doesn't seem to know that being fingerprinted for a teaching job or an Uber driver isn't the same as being fingerprinted when you're arrested. What a dumbf**k.

oilcanhenry
06-12-2016, 9:51 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/saunders/article/Holder-Fingerprinting-rules-are-racist-7974544.php?ref=yfp

Why should anyone be treated like a criminal unless they've committed a crime? I guess it's discriminatory unless you're buying a gun. Then we presume guilt until proven otherwise.

Ever since Sept 11, 2001, all truck drivers who hold a hazardous materials endorsement on their drivers license must pay to have all of their fingers
live-scanned (electronic fingerprinting) and go through an FBI background check, every five years, per the Transportation Security Agency regulations.

Seems to me that anyone who has to do all that should be exempt from a NICS check, at the very least. And, no, I dont endorse fingerprinting for gun-owners.

C.G.
06-12-2016, 9:56 PM
I am told that anyone in the mortuary industry must be livescan fingerprinted in order to obtain a license.

sothoth
06-12-2016, 10:20 PM
Aren't we fingerprinted at the CA DMV?

SonofWWIIDI
06-12-2016, 10:36 PM
While I don't really think that an inked fingerprint on a form at an LGS is gonna do much, I'm not really concerned. I worked a job many years ago where I had to have a background check and fingerprints taken. They used live scan.

So, I'm already somewhere in big brothers system. :TFH:

Fortunately I am not a criminal and the state hasn't made any new laws that, unknown to me, make me a criminal...yet. :facepalm:

sothoth
06-12-2016, 10:36 PM
While I don't really think that an inked fingerprint on a form at an LGS is gonna do much, I'm not really concerned. I worked a job many years ago where I had to have a background check and fingerprints taken. They used live scan.

So, I'm already somewhere in big brothers system. :TFH:

Fortunately I am not a criminal and the state hasn't made any new laws that, unknown to me, make me a criminal...yet. :facepalm:

...yet

SWalt
06-12-2016, 10:39 PM
Just expect more of this type of crap to come. Everything is racist or don't you know?

sothoth
06-13-2016, 7:26 AM
Just expect more of this type of crap to come. Everything is racist or don't you know?

Too bad requiring background checks isn't racist, right?