PDA

View Full Version : Norton price match guarantee on Bud's, Ever used it?

Falstaff
01-27-2016, 11:04 AM
After purchasing a pistol on Bud's, I noted that just a few minutes after I completed the purchase, the price dropped 14 bucks! So I emailed Bud's support and they say, nope we wont adjust but you can petition through Norton price match guarantee to get a refund. Anyone bothered to use that "service"?
I wonder if this is a "cookie" thing, where they are adjusting prices to varied customers based on tracking cookies? (like Amazon is rumored to do).

heidad01
01-27-2016, 11:53 AM
Simple enough. Cancel your order when they tell you they will not. Order again the next day. Never take unreasonable crap from a vendor. you are the one with the money in hand. ;)

land locked
01-27-2016, 12:36 PM
I would call and speak to an actual person. I cancelled an order once and received my deposit back minus $30.

shakyshoot
01-27-2016, 4:24 PM
I used the price match and got a check for $80. You need to provide a screen shot of the lower price. (You can't just say "I bought it at Buds for $600, then it went to $520.") For $14, I wouldn't raise a fuss, cancel my order, or even give it a second thought. What's $14 spread over the amount of time you're going to own a gun? Now $80, that's at least worth the effort.

Edit: Come to think of it, the price match I got from Buds was from before Norton was running it, so things might have changed.