PDA

View Full Version : WTS 1997 TOYOTA TERCEL 2 DOOR WHITE

Compact45
07-13-2008, 11:39 AM
SOLD TO CSACANNONEER

I have a toyota tercel 1997 2 door white color, in running good condition approximately 120K selling it for $1750.00 this is automatic transmition and
will trade for hanguns + CASH

Very economical in GAS and easy to park, amyone is welcome for a test drive
or negortate the price.

Front brake pads are new. while body is in fair condition.

Located in SFV

Thank u

C

ojisan
07-13-2008, 3:09 PM
PM sent

Compact45
07-13-2008, 3:55 PM
ojisan420 PM sent

This has just past smog test and was registered June 2008 clean title and will be registered on June 2009 again,

No oil burning or leak of any kind tires are new considerably and the aircondition is blowing 25 degrees celcius.

Both front brakes are new and in good running condition, Battery is 1 year old with Alarm install in it.

Kellys blue book rated good condition to be around $2800.00 and for fair condition Private party is $ 2100.00

So for $1750.00 This is kind of a very fair deal.

Handgun + CASH is fine. Everyone interested is welcome to test drive and look ar the CAR.

regrads/

CSACANNONEER
07-13-2008, 4:06 PM
Damn, if I didn't just buy an '87 Corrolla, I'd buy this sight unseen. Right now, any cheap little car that is not owner by a tweeker is commanding a premium above high bluebook. I'll be VERY surprised if you still have this tommarrow! I figure that mine will pay for itself (including insurance etc.) in 6 months if I drive it instead of my Landrover or Power Wagon.

indetrucks
07-14-2008, 4:56 PM
Do you have pics?
PM sent

daves100
07-14-2008, 5:09 PM
What is the MPG:43:

rst1911
07-15-2008, 9:39 AM
Please post some pics......is this vehicle still available????????????????

ojisan
07-16-2008, 6:27 PM
Compact 45 burned me bad on this car! I went over there Monday to buy it and he claimed no pink slip, had to get it the next day. So I offered a deposit towards pick-up on Wednesday. He said no deposit needed, it's yours, we shook hands, see ya Wednesday with cash and pinks for the sale.
Compact sold this car to someone else on Tuesday, then strung me along through Wednesday when I was to go pick up the car with my wife. Not until Wednesday night did he tell me he sold it already, when I called him to confirm we were leaving to meet him for the pick up.
This guy is a liar and untrustworthy. He has no honor and not even the backbone to call and tell me he sold it. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Compact45
07-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Toyota Tercel SOLD to CSACANNONEER

Clarification It was not clear to my mind the transaction made between ojisan420 and me compact45 when he went to my house to test drive the Tercel Toyota. Since he wants to be back two days later for some reason, and get the CAR.

I know he was a serious buyer but in my mind two days later made me think the other way.

I apologize for what had happen but I just want to sell the CAR ASAP without waiting two days more.

However this car was sold to CSACANNONEER, the guy test drive the car and decided to pay the full price.

I handed the pink slip and Bill of sale and close the deal immediately.

The DEAL made between ojisan420 and me compact45 was not official yet since no payment or deposit was made since he will be back 2 days later to pick up the car, so sale option at that time was still open to anyone.

All I can say is ojisan420 is also part to be blame since you want to come back 2days later and in my part I should have accepted your deposit to make it official.

STAGE 2
07-16-2008, 11:22 PM
The DEAL made between ojisan420 and me compact45 was not official yet since no payment or deposit was made since he will be back 2 days later to pick up the car, so sale option at that time was still open to anyone.

Did you shake on it like he said?

Stormfeather
07-16-2008, 11:29 PM
Did you shake on it like he said?

Where I come from, thats all that matters, a mans word is his bond and a handshake is as good as a written contract. Wheres peoples sense of common courtesy nowadays. Hopefully this all gets worked out in the wash.

ivanimal
07-16-2008, 11:32 PM
This smells rotten as he admits to the deposit offer,

Glock30
07-16-2008, 11:41 PM
Yeah, I've talked with Ojisan and could not see him bsing the story.

dasmi
07-16-2008, 11:42 PM
If a handshake took place, the deal was made. At least that's what my dad taught me.

The SoCal Gunner
07-17-2008, 12:15 AM
Toyota Tercel SOLD to CSACANNONEER

Clarification It was not clear to my mind the transaction made between ojisan420 and me compact45 when he went to my house to test drive the Tercel Toyota. Since he wants to be back two days later for some reason, and get the CAR.

I know he was a serious buyer but in my mind two days later made me think the other way.

I apologize for what had happen but I just want to sell the CAR ASAP without waiting two days more.

However this car was sold to CSACANNONEER, the guy test drive the car and decided to pay the full price.

I handed the pink slip and Bill of sale and close the deal immediately.

All I can say is ojisan420 is also part to be blame since you want to come back 2days later and in my part I should have accepted your deposit to make it official.

Here's is a link to his side of the story.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=111187

So far, his side of the story seems reasonable. He stated that you didn't have the pink slip on hand and that he needed another driver to drive the car home. Offering a deposit basically says he wants to buy it no?

CSACANNONEER
07-17-2008, 5:58 AM
It was actually sold to my boss. I still have not even seen the car! My boss just happened to ask me if I knew of any cheap little cars for sale so, I pointed him in the right dirrection. After that, I've know nothing about what's gone on until now. Everyone needs to know that I was out of this after the first contact!

USN CHIEF
07-17-2008, 6:18 AM
It was actually sold to my boss. I still have not even seen the car! My boss just happened to ask me if I knew of any cheap little cars for sale so, I pointed him in the right dirrection. After that, I've know nothing about what's gone on until now. Everyone needs to know that I was out of this after the first contact!

So the story is not like the seller said it happened above? It sounds like your name is being thrown out there for something that you did not do.

Fjold
07-17-2008, 7:17 AM

I'm sure that you didn't know what the seller was doing.

Compact45
07-17-2008, 7:24 AM
USN CHIEF, CSACANNONEER name was not thrown out here, Car was sold thru CSACANNONEER a link that I have to refer to let you guys know how I sold the car. He was connected to the deal and pass the information to his Boss

45DAVID1
07-17-2008, 8:09 AM
USN CHIEF, CSACANNONEER name was not thrown out here, Car was sold thru CSACANNONEER a link that I have to refer to let you guys know how I sold the car. He was connected to the deal and pass the information to his Boss

So CSA really didn't buy the car and someone else did? You shouldn't put his name out there like that since he brokered the deal and didn't actually buy it himself.

dasmi
07-17-2008, 8:11 AM
This whole thing smells of Jenkem.

45DAVID1
07-17-2008, 8:12 AM
Whoa... i just finished reading both threads. I will keep further comments to myself but someone got burned and someone just made a bad name for themselves... for a week or 2 anyway.

ojisan
07-17-2008, 9:24 AM
"Clarification It was not clear to my mind the transaction made between ojisan420 and me compact45 when he went to my house to test drive the Tercel Toyota. Since he wants to be back two days later for some reason, and get the CAR."
I told you I would pay in full for it now, but had to wait to bring my wife Wednesday night to drive it home.

"the guy test drive the car and decided to pay the full price."
I also test-drove it and agreed to pay full price...remember? No bargaining, no negotiations. Your son was there, perhaps his memory is better than yours? Remember, I shook your hand AND his!

"The DEAL made between ojisan420 and me compact45 was not official yet since no payment or deposit was made since he will be back 2 days later to pick up the car, so sale option at that time was still open to anyone."
The deal would have been done right then if you had the Pink Slip as you should have. If you did not have the pink slip, why did you have me come over to buy the car???? So you knew I would have to make the drive twice at least. Very disrespectful and inconsiderate to anybody who might have shown up to buy the car.

"I should have accepted your deposit to make it official."
How much more serious could I have been about buying the car? Without Pink Slip so I could pay you in full, my offer of a deposit showed my commitment to buy. Thanx for admitting I offered the deposit.

"All I can say is ojisan420 is also part to be blame".
Not sure how you not having the Pink Slip on hand when a car is being sold is my fault? Not sure how you do not understand a deal w/ a formal handshake commitment? Not sure how you refusing my deposit offer is my fault?

You should have had the courtesy to call me Tuesday morning and told me you sold the car to someone else, or tell me you gave it to your sister or whoever so you did not have to disclose that you burned me.

You really are not very good at twisting the facts.

FYI: you wanted a 1911 and / or cash for the car. I actually had a very nice custom Colt 1911 .45 with me as possible trade item when I went over there Monday. I brought cash and the gun (for trade) to make sure I got the car for my son. We did not discuss this Monday evening due to the no pink slip situation...we got side tracked onto the schedule for you to go get the pink and our next meet time. You lost out...your fault!

MrLogan
07-17-2008, 9:26 AM
If a deposit offer was made, how is that not an indication of a serious intent to buy? The two day wait was reasonable since you didn't have the pink slip on hand. You shook on the agreement and then willfully and knowingly violated that agreement without even contacting Oji to let him know you sold the car. That's pretty messed up.

And just how is this anyone's fault but your own? How could you even imply that Oji has some share of the blame? He offered you a deposit AND offered to pay your full asking price. You were the one who didn't have the pink slip on hand.

bigmike82
07-17-2008, 9:39 AM
Dick move, man.

Total dick move.

Prowler
07-17-2008, 9:39 AM
He offered the deposit and it was refused. The handshake made the deal. The deposit merely increases the risk for the buyer and decreases the risk for the seller. Delivery and/or Transfer of the product in two days was not relevent to the deal, it was a logistical issue. It was a condition of the sale to get the pink slip/title to the vehicle. The seller stated that he didn't have the pink slip in his possesion, that's a condition of the sale that the seller caused, however the deal was made/agreed upon. Your word is your word and was followed-up with a handshake. Where's your ethics, virtues, credibility with yourself and your peers? Remember, you have to look at yourself in the mirror everyday. No matter where we come from and what we possess, all we have if you strip the material things away from us, is your character...that's when your actions/what you do, and what you say are congruent or the same. And, to throw another CG under the bus and say it was sold to him sounds like your story is BS. It sounds to me like you sold it for more money, and money is more valuable than your word/honor. Goes to show you why you should always document your transactions, conversations, etc. This would at least clear your good name, if you were honorable. Just my .02...

Compact45
07-17-2008, 9:43 AM
ojisan420,

I know my sincere apology will not compensate the damage I have done to this transaction, However I'am also giving your Kid a few tank of gas to patch some differences I made.

It was a mistake in my judgement but hope this will help.

retired
07-17-2008, 9:43 AM
Compact45, you can and try and weasel out of this by trying to rationalize it anyway you want to, but when all is said and done, you screwed ojisan. I would never purchase anything from you after reading this.

Your credibility and integrity are down the toilet.

Prowler
07-17-2008, 9:49 AM
Compact45, you can and try and weasel out of this by trying to rationalize it anyway you want to, but when all is said and done, you screwed ojisan. I would never purchase anything from you after reading this.

Your credibility and integrity are down the toilet.

Hopefully, you can learn from this thread. It takes a lifetime to create a reputation, and only a second to ruin it. Stepping up to the plate is your first step...

kalibear
07-17-2008, 10:07 AM
Discussion thread here = http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=111187

No need to have 2 separate threads going