PDA

View Full Version : *Warning!* Freedom Ammunition

medic2342
07-09-2015, 6:45 AM
So, I'm having terrible experience with a company called Freedom Ammunition (freedomammunition.com), no not Freedom Munitions.

When one goes to their site you'll see their slogan "Committed to the highest possible quality & service"

I beg to differ about that service.
I purchased 1000 rounds of 10mm ammo, "in stock", and after 6 days of it saying still processing, I asked them what's going on? These people are slow, I believe I called at day 4 and never got a call back. Anyways, not knowing what's going on, I decided I should just reload it and asked them to cancel my order.

I got message back shortly (guess they wait till you're on the brink) saying that it already shipped. I asked for the tracking number. The tracking number said the label was created the next day after their reply and was not yet in the position of UPS (thus not shipped).

My response followed: "I understand that you want to sell the product and it's at a reasonable price, but lying to me about the shipment going out already is unprofessional. I suggest you cancel my order and I will NOT be subject to a 20% restocking fee as you've yet to do anything yesterday."

Could I have just waited another day? Probably, but it's been 7 days and it still wasn't shipped, plus they lied to me that it was shipped. I considered shipped to be PICK UP or DROPPED OFF to UPS.

Anyways, I got a nasty call by Mr. "multimillion dollar" company owner Steve complaining that he's not a lier and that I better leave him a message being nice to him or he's going to charge me a 10% restocking fee (rather than 20%). First of all, it was never shipped so it isn't a return, it's a cancellation (which he has no policy for). However, I thought this is ridiculous... I could reload it for about the same cost but just have little fancier projectiles than FMJ but I'd rather not be loading 1000 rounds, so I told him to just go through with the order and false apologized for the "rudeness". Oh, apparently another customer from Cali gave him 'issues' (probably for their untimeliness) and so we are all hell spawn in his eyes.

So, now it's day 8 and I have a new email that the order has been canceled and I'll be refunded within 5-7 days 0_o.... Well, lets see if he charges me 10%, if so, he can deal with Visa's false claim department as I get my full refund back because it was never shipped lol.

medic2342
07-17-2015, 7:11 AM
Update: It's day 8 since being told I would be refunded, and no refund has been issued so I put in my dispute with Visa. I also returned to the website to see my order and noticed the website layout was changed. Along with the website layout change, my account was deleted. Luckily I took screenshots of my order beforehand :P. Don't do business with this company. Not only are they untimely, rude, unprofessional, but also thieves.

Wes C Addle
07-17-2015, 7:15 AM
good thing you took screenshots

2meterB
07-17-2015, 7:30 AM
Visa will def. Take care of you. And iirc, they hit the seller with a dispute fee too.

Casual_Shooter
07-17-2015, 7:38 AM
FYI: Don't know if this is/ was changed since you placed/ cancelled your order but I noticed this:

http://www.freedomammunition.com/l-5-returns.aspx

CANCELLATION

Orders that have not been shipped may be cancelled. A refund will be issued, minus a 6% re-stocking fee. If an order has already been shipped, the order cannot be cancelled.

We reserve the right to cancel any order when the Terms and Conditions have not been complied with. In the event that an order is cancelled, a refund will be issued, minus a 6% re-stocking fee.

V8MERC124
07-17-2015, 8:36 AM
Wow that is absolute garbage! I dont understand why people think they can run a business like this? Changing the terms, what a class 1 @sshole. (Assuming the order cancelation clause was just added after your situation). Hope you get your full refund back op.

rengawsirhc
07-17-2015, 8:41 AM
Thanks, won't ever do business with them. Have to stick together to send a message about this sort of thing.

b18bturboek9
07-17-2015, 12:47 PM
I know that last time I ordered it took 5 days to send out and they don't ship weekdays but there website stated 3-5 days to process orders do to high volume of orders. They've been good to me but sorry to hear things didn't work out. I think because the shipping label and everything was digitally made and paid for it that they figure it was on its way out but that's my theory. Enjoy shooting.

TeddyBallgame
07-17-2015, 2:04 PM
from my experience (not with Freedom Ammunition), usually when a label is created by a vendor that means the product is ready to ship and they are waiting for the carrier to pick up the order...i've seen labels created and still not picked up and put in the tracking system for several days, so its difficult to say when your order would have actually shipped out

i've also had notifications from other vendors saying my order has shipped, then, when i checked the tracking it stated that the label was created but not yet picked up...maybe its a little white lie they tend to get away with by telling customers that the order has shipped, even though they still have it in their warehouse...i don't know

usually when i see the label created bullcrap i give it a few more days, but im not always happy about the way they do it

Frotz
07-17-2015, 2:30 PM
A 6% restocking fee for a cancellation that you didn't ask for?

CodyGT46
07-17-2015, 2:32 PM
Thanks for the heads up on them, with all the respectable companies out there, it will be easy to avoid this one.

johnny_boy02
07-17-2015, 2:33 PM
6% for cancelation of a order? Ha no way. There are pleanty of good companies to order from that dont screw you over.

BigPimping
07-17-2015, 3:52 PM
Just put them on my bad list. Thanks OP.

MrExel17
07-17-2015, 5:03 PM
Note taken... thanks and sorry that happened

billped
07-17-2015, 5:07 PM
Waiting for Freedom to step in and clarify .....

mycrstuff
07-17-2015, 8:16 PM
I just looked at their web site. Their prices are below market. It almost looks like a bait and switch operation. The low prices get you to order and then then they cancel on you and charge you 6%.

pc_load_letter
07-17-2015, 9:59 PM
Well, still not as bad as Jack Ross. Anybody remember them?

I have been buying Freedom Munitions stuff for over a year now. I think they've just grown really fast.

Never had a problem but will be on my toes next time I do.

Loubot10
07-17-2015, 10:23 PM
I just looked at their web site. Their prices are below market. It almost looks like a bait and switch operation. The low prices get you to order and then then they cancel on you and charge you 6%.

Are you saying this company did a bait and switch on you?

I've had no problems after 4 or 5 shipments. Decent ammo for the price.imho

mycrstuff
07-17-2015, 10:47 PM
No they did it to the OP.

mycrstuff
07-17-2015, 11:10 PM
The company is not Freedom Munitions. It is freedomammunition.com. I don't think any of us have heard of this company before. Let's let the company work things out with the OP and go from there. If he gets the prices listed on the website he is getting a good deal. If not then getting dinged 6% for the seller canceling the order is a bad deal.

bsg
07-17-2015, 11:21 PM
tagged.

Marinos
07-17-2015, 11:27 PM

I have been buying Freedom Munitions stuff for over a year now. I think they've just grown really fast.

OP isn't talking about Freedom Munitions.:facepalm:

JazzyJames
07-18-2015, 12:05 AM
It's actually an industry standard to consider an item to be shipped status once the UPS, FedEx etc label is printed and not when its actually picked up. Everyone does this including places like Amazon and other big names. I've worked in the industry for quite some time and see this on a daily basis. No one was lying to you. The process often takes longer with small volume distributors. You jumped the gun.

johnny_boy02
07-18-2015, 1:26 AM

They make up the cost in "shipping".

1000 rounds of 9mm Blazer from them is $241 shipped after $46 in shipping costs. (SGAmmo canget a case of 9mm to my door for $16.00, hmmmmm)

1000 rounds of 9mm Blazer from Targetsportsusa.com is
$230 shipped.

roc_my_tims
07-18-2015, 5:12 AM
Never knew they existed, glad i didnt. That vague policy they put up is bs. I wont shop there.

Maht_g
07-18-2015, 6:34 AM
They make up the cost in "shipping".

1000 rounds of 9mm Blazer from them is $241 shipped after $46 in shipping costs. (SGAmmo canget a case of 9mm to my door for $16.00, hmmmmm)

1000 rounds of 9mm Blazer from Targetsportsusa.com is
$230 shipped.

Targetsportsusa and sgammo are usually hard to beat on delivered prices. Usually within $5-10 on a case delivered to your door and usually have pretty good variety. Palmetto is another good place to check

bigbully
07-18-2015, 6:41 AM
Added to my "Do not do biz with" list.

hellayella
07-18-2015, 11:21 AM
I stick with LuckyGunner or SGammo....never had a problem

Axelgear
07-18-2015, 6:57 PM
Scared me for a moment, just ordered a batch of 9mm from FreedomMunitions. Never heard of that other place.

jjmichael
07-18-2015, 7:43 PM
... I thought you were talking about freedommunitions...

Nachoman
07-19-2015, 10:38 AM

I remember that fiasco, i actually bought from them and received my order before things blew up for them.

medic2342
11-19-2015, 7:49 AM
Wow, lol didn't check this in a while. Anyway, the outcome was that I filed a dispute with the credit card company. The credit card company contacted the seller and they refunded me the full amount, but waiting till just the brink of max time allowed by my credit card company before they would intervene.

I took my business to Georgia Arms. Had to purchase more to get free shipping so that it would be about the same price point but rather do that haha. Plus Georgia Arms makes .460 Rowland rounds too, so it's good to support a company making that ammo... though crazy expensive so I reload it haha.

SonofWWIIDI
11-19-2015, 8:03 AM
Glad it was finally resolved for you.

Definately gonna avoid them at all costs.

Somedudeontheinternet
11-19-2015, 9:06 AM
That sounds incredibly misleading like a scam site tbh. Because Freedommunitions is a very reputable seller that I have personal experience with.

Treadstone
11-19-2015, 9:10 AM
Freedom Munitions might want to see if they need to take action against these posers.

We have had great results with Freedom Munitions, both there new and reman pistol loads. And I have too many of there stickers in our Finn room to switch vendors ;)

bigbearbear
11-19-2015, 9:15 AM
Thanks for the heads up, with so many nice and good online ammo companies to buy from, there's little reason to buy from vendors like this one.

onelonehorseman
11-19-2015, 10:08 AM
I would be concerned too if they indicated shipped, but the tracking said otherwise. That said, I once ordered a pistol from an outfit back east; the tracking showed it still not-in-transit for days . . . and then it suddenly showed up at my FFL! Apparent tracking system failure?

Red-Osier
04-16-2016, 2:24 PM
Bumped for heavybarrel73

MarikinaMan
04-16-2016, 4:29 PM
Crap, my guard was down and I placed on order in the middle of the night based on an Ammoseek.com listing. I did a couple of searches and found nothing really. But more searches today turned up some bad juju.

I placed a sizeable order, and I now have to wait. I called my credit card company and put a note in. Also wrote the company and gave a stern note that I expect new and original ammo. Whatever happens, I am confident my CC will make me whole. I may be in for a bit of tussle, but am decided just to work through it. I wont stress.

We shall see. Sucks.

EvoXguy
04-16-2016, 4:40 PM

I remember that fiasco, i actually bought from them and received my order before things blew up for them.

I would really like to know the story.

WartHog
04-16-2016, 4:46 PM
I would really like to know the story.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Jack+Ross&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=jack+ross+ammo+problems+site:www.calguns.net

EvoXguy
04-16-2016, 4:59 PM
https://www.google.com/search?q=Jack+Ross&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=jack+ross+ammo+problems+site:www.calguns.net

Wow it really is a small world sometimes lol. I was actually friends with Chris years ago.

Foebia
04-16-2016, 5:04 PM
Had the same type of issue with ar500 armor. Even with 3 wks lead time 3 months later saying it ship next week. Refunded, but no way to run a shop, if they were realistic I can wait, but being stroked each month is not a good way to treat customers.

artb
04-16-2016, 5:21 PM
I nearly placed an order with Freedom Ammunition a couple of times, but when I went to check out, the shipping costs changed my mind.
I use AmmoSeek.com and they list Freedom Ammunition with the high shipping costs flag.

hermosabeach
04-16-2016, 5:47 PM
And this is why people don't do business with people living in CA

MarikinaMan
04-16-2016, 6:18 PM
Crap, my guard was down and I placed on order in the middle of the night based on an Ammoseek.com listing. I did a couple of searches and found nothing really. But more searches today turned up some bad juju.

I placed a sizeable order, and I now have to wait. I called my credit card company and put a note in. Also wrote the company and gave a stern note that I expect new and original ammo. Whatever happens, I am confident my CC will make me whole. I may be in for a bit of tussle, but am decided just to work through it. I wont stress.

We shall see. Sucks.

To be fair, the owner wrote me back giving assurance that the ammo to be new and as described. I wrote back saying that my note was based on internet reviews and that I was apprehensive reading them.

Thus far, I have no opinion, just apprehension. I will know more in the next couple of days.

geoint
04-17-2016, 12:09 AM
from my experience (not with Freedom Ammunition), usually when a label is created by a vendor that means the product is ready to ship and they are waiting for the carrier to pick up the order...i've seen labels created and still not picked up and put in the tracking system for several days, so its difficult to say when your order would have actually shipped out

i've also had notifications from other vendors saying my order has shipped, then, when i checked the tracking it stated that the label was created but not yet picked up...maybe its a little white lie they tend to get away with by telling customers that the order has shipped, even though they still have it in their warehouse...i don't know

usually when i see the label created bullcrap i give it a few more days, but im not always happy about the way they do it

That's not just a guns and ammo thing either but ya I've seen a few of my favorite vendors do that in the past. But in their defense those were the panic days of 2013 so I'm not blaming them. I bet they were filling back to back UPs and fedex vans to get all their orders out

MarikinaMan
04-21-2016, 4:16 PM
I ordered 400 rounds of Remington Premier Match 300 blackout. Arrived in Los Angeles in 3 days from OH. No hassle, no problem, communicated promptly and quick shipping.

I wrote after I saw this thread, after I placed my order, saying I expect to get my stuff new. There are is a review out there that they sent reman vs. net. They assured me that it would be new. I gave a Yelp review as well.

That's my experience.

BigPimping
04-21-2016, 4:38 PM
Marked as a company never to do business with.

Red-Osier
04-21-2016, 4:45 PM
I ordered 400 rounds of Remington Premier Match 300 blackout. Arrived in Los Angeles in 3 days from OH. No hassle, no problem, communicated promptly and quick shipping.

I wrote after I saw this thread, after I placed my order, saying I expect to get my stuff new. There are is a review out there that they sent reman vs. net. They assured me that it would be new. I gave a Yelp review as well.

That's my experience.

Just to be sure are you talking about freedom munitions or freedom ammunition. They are 2 different companys

MarikinaMan
04-21-2016, 5:24 PM
Just to be sure are you talking about freedom munitions or freedom ammunition. They are 2 different companys

Freedom Ammunition, Fremont, Ohio.

It looked like the ammo was drop shipped from a source that was identical to a bunch of other Remington ammo I just purchased from other sources. External box, receipts, filler were all identical. The invoice, with the exception of the part where it says SELLER, was the same too, including language.

MPTORN
04-22-2016, 12:27 AM
I have done business with Freedom Ammunition numerous times without issues. I just ordered 1K rounds of 223, 2k rounds of 9mm and 500 rounds of 40 (for me and my buddies that were going shooting) Came fast, no issues just like the other times I ordered from them. The rounds were rebuilds and every single one fired with no issues, again, just like with my previous purchases.

You want cheaper shipping subscribe to their site and you get a 1x free shipping code. I've done this twice with no issues, used a different email both times. I see numerous post complaining about Freedom Ammunitions shipping cost but free beats Freedom Munitions, Cheaper that dirt or otherwise. I looked at Ammo seek before buying those rounds, you can find the rounds cheaper until you add in shipping and every single one of them with shipping came out to be more than FM rounds with free shipping.

No I don't work for them nor am I affiliated with them, I am a nurse.

Red-Osier
04-22-2016, 8:56 AM
Freedom Ammunition, Fremont, Ohio.

It looked like the ammo was drop shipped from a source that was identical to a bunch of other Remington ammo I just purchased from other sources. External box, receipts, filler were all identical. The invoice, with the exception of the part where it says SELLER, was the same too, including language.

Thank's, I'm glad your order went well.

DDM4556
05-02-2016, 11:16 AM
Late update I know... But I had once considered buying from Freedom Ammunition. Shipping was high so I passed.

After reading this thread thought I'd give them a heads up and let them know that there's some bad press out there. After looking over their cancellation policy, I really wanted to see how they would respond. So I sent an email. Here is what I got back:

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah119/joerodgers1980/Freedom%20Ammunitions%202_zpssmrqc5ma.jpg (http://s1378.photobucket.com/user/joerodgers1980/media/Freedom%20Ammunitions%202_zpssmrqc5ma.jpg.html)

bigbully
05-02-2016, 11:26 AM
Wow!

ez2b
05-02-2016, 11:45 AM
Yeah wow

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

jstotts
05-02-2016, 6:22 PM
I had a bad experience with them last year: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1115904

Red-Osier
05-02-2016, 6:28 PM
So we are all rainbows now?

Henpeckd
05-22-2016, 8:13 PM
I have done business with Freedom Ammunition numerous times without issues. I just ordered 1K rounds of 223, 2k rounds of 9mm and 500 rounds of 40 (for me and my buddies that were going shooting) Came fast, no issues just like the other times I ordered from them. The rounds were rebuilds and every single one fired with no issues, again, just like with my previous purchases.

You want cheaper shipping subscribe to their site and you get a 1x free shipping code. I've done this twice with no issues, used a different email both times. I see numerous post complaining about Freedom Ammunitions shipping cost but free beats Freedom Munitions, Cheaper that dirt or otherwise. I looked at Ammo seek before buying those rounds, you can find the rounds cheaper until you add in shipping and every single one of them with shipping came out to be more than FM rounds with free shipping.

No I don't work for them nor am I affiliated with them, I am a nurse.

it says that if you subscribe to them ( and i did ) your first order shipping is free. It also says it will go in when you submit the order . it didn't and the shipping was $80 for 2k rounds of 9mm.i called the phone # to ask and no answer. It was a weekend only deal so I asked for my free shipping in the comment section. I got a reply an hour later saying there was no free shipping and if i cancelled they would charge a fee . Shipping was $80 !!!!!!!! I called CC immediately. They said I had to wait for them to charge the fee then i can dispute it.Gotta wait now.

Pistons23
05-22-2016, 8:46 PM
glad I found this post. found freedom ammunition via ammoseek. will not be supporting that company. have 1k .40s&w coming via freedom munitions instead

DDM4556
05-22-2016, 11:09 PM
Everyone should read my post - #54. That'll tell you everything you need to know about them.

Rottentofu
05-23-2016, 12:49 AM
Almost ordered from them. Good thing I read this post first. Definitely staying clear of this company. Seems like they are trying to lure inexperienced ammo buyers with deceptive low prices and then slap those buyers with high shipping cost.

Freedom Ammunition = Bad

Freedom Munition = Good

beanz2
05-23-2016, 7:07 AM
it says that if you subscribe to them ( and i did ) your first order shipping is free. It also says it will go in when you submit the order . it didn't and the shipping was $80 for 2k rounds of 9mm.i called the phone # to ask and no answer. It was a weekend only deal so I asked for my free shipping in the comment section. I got a reply an hour later saying there was no free shipping and if i cancelled they would charge a fee . Shipping was $80 !!!!!!!! I called CC immediately. They said I had to wait for them to charge the fee then i can dispute it.Gotta wait now.

$80 shipping??? Sounds like sleazeballs. Check out their Yelp reviews. Selling their own reloaded ammo as factory new Federal? :eek:

Please take a screenshot of their website or e-mail that promises you the free shipping and post it here. Don't just paste a link since Freedom Ammunition can easily change their website.