PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED & Resolved 7/9/15 DO NOT Buy from Vendor/User: Strapped Kydex.

bishop2queen's6
07-06-2015, 9:54 AM
I asked for guidance in this post located here:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=16567436&posted=1#post16567436

I have an issue with Vendor: Strapped Kydex. I have PM'd two mods about this issue and have waited nearly two weeks and haven't heard back from the mods about this, so I figure this is my last shot to receive what I paid for and what has been promised to deliver.

Strapped Kydex has repeatedly misinformed me to when I shall receive my order, and has only recently delivered on only half of my order, has not replied to any emails regarding the other half of the order and has not truthfully confirmed a precise delivery date.

Please see below for a summarized chronological path of events:

March 4: Paid a total of $163.50 for a OWB/IWB G19 w/TRL-1HL kydex holster ($85) and kydex dual mag carrier ($70). Informed by Strapped Kydex that the lead time is 3-6 weeks

April 23 (7 weeks since payment): Inquire to strapped kydex about status of my order. Says he is backed up, and it will take no longer that 7-10 days to get everything to me

May 13 (10 weeks since payment): Inquire to strapped kydex about status of my order. Says he is working on it now among other. He will be on vacation from May 15-22, he will complete the mag carriers then. Holster will ship before the May 15th

May 27 (12 weeks since payment): Inquire to strapped kydex about status of my order. Says he will have it out in 10 days or less including the carrier.

June 5 (13 weeks since payment): Emails me to say holster is done. Working on the carrier. Will ship soon.

June 12 (14 weeks since payment): Emails me a tracking number for for the holster. Says Mag carrier won't be too far behind. He has a bunch lined up this weekend.

June 20 (16 weeks since payment): Holster arrives. I email Strapped Kydex on June 24th inquiring about my mag carrier status. I have not received a reply or seen activity on any of his Vendor Threads.

July 5 (19 weeks since payment): I email Strapped Kydex again checking up on the other half of my order. No reply since.

July 6 Opened a Paypal dispute with advice from fellow CG member BigCaliDave requesting only $70 since that is the cost of the missing part (mag carrier) of my order

Update: July 6 Received response from Strapped Kydex from my email July 5 saying that he never received my email from June 24th. Said that my mag carrier is done and ready to ship. Note that he did not provide a tracking number.

Update 2: July 6. Received another response from Strapped kydex stating that July 4th weekend is a very solemn time for his family as it is a time of remembrance for a family member that has passed away. This caused the delay in response. The carrier is done and will ship today or tomorrow, but will be out in the next couple days. He has offered to make me a free kydex wallet to make up for the delay, but I have just only requested what is missing in my order then we are square.

FINAL UPDATE: See the following below...

July 7:

Me: Emailed Strapped Kydex asking if the mag carrier shipped.

SK: Yes

Me: Tracking Number?

SK: "Provides Tracking Number"

July 9: In the morning, Strapped Kydex declined the paypal dispute request for a $70 refund without asking if the mag carrier arrives, just assuming it does since it is out for delivery on USPS tracking.

In the afternoon, Mag carrier arrives as ordered.

July 10: Email Strapped Kydex informing him that mag carrier has arrived and is satisfactory. I will be updating the thread and informing the mods of this resolution.

Strapped Kydex replies, "Thanks, it's holding up $170 from other orders."

/End Communication

RESOLVED

As you can see from above, I was repeatedly lied to for when I should expect my product. At least I got half an order, but not when he said it would deliver it repeatedly.

If someone could get a hold of him some how so that he could finish my order, or refund me the missing half of my order ($70 dual mag carrier). That would be most beneficial.

I've already seen 3 thread crapping instances on Strapped Kydex, and feel he is not an honorable vendor on CG.

Before anyone starts ranting or calling me out, I feel as if I took every possible and reasonable route before calling out Strapped Kydex on not delivering on his product through starting this thread. I have given him repeated instances of my patience and grace, and multiple opportunities for him to be a man of his word and deliver on the product. He has given me the run around, not delivered, and now is not responding/communicating with repeat instances from my part.

Thank you all for your time

EDIT NOTE: Strapped Kydex has sinced emailed me today July 6th saying that my mag carrier is done and ready to ship. Note, he did not provide a tracking number. I did inform him of my paypal dispute, the thread in Announcements and Suggestions, the thread in General Gun Discussion, and moderator involvement about my outting him as a non-ideal vendor here on CG.

FINAL UPDATE NOTE: As you can even see from the update and resolution, Strapped Kydex is low on the character scale and has awful customer relations and service. Although this issue is resolved, it makes my blood boil that he is still trying to sell his product. His conduct and the way he interacted with me, an upset customer, does not speak well of him as a small business manager and reflects poorly upon himself. To put it frankly, do not do business with Strapped Kydex.

tonyxcom
07-06-2015, 10:02 AM
Holy smokes. Is there something special about his holster to warrant that kind of cost?

Why didn't you just go with Raven?

bishop2queen's6
07-06-2015, 10:08 AM
Holy smokes. Is there something special about his holster to warrant that kind of cost?

Why didn't you just go with Raven?

It was a holster plus dual mag carrier for $163.50

Strapped Kydex was the popular holster maker back in march when I made my order. He was cheaper than Bravo concealment, and RCS. I figure I could wait 3-6 weeks to save some $$$

tonyxcom
07-06-2015, 10:13 AM
Was there something special about your holster over Raven though. You can get standard Raven G19 holster and dual mag carrier for about $10-15 more with NO WAIT.

Raven also has a stellar reputation in industry and an awesome warranty. If you break something send it to them and they replace it.

I know this doesn't help you but maybe it will help somebody else. Everyone is quick to complain about Ravens prices but I bet that $10-15 dollar difference doesn't seem so bad to you right now.

tonyxcom
07-06-2015, 10:19 AM
I don't like Raven, their holsters do not have adjustable retention.

This is the reason I like them.

tonyxcom
07-06-2015, 10:27 AM
Because its one less thing to worry about and I don't think a concealment holster needs adjustable tension when/if the factory tension is just about perfect IMO.

I have different holsters for IDPA/USPSA and it's nice having adjustable tension on those but I would never EDC with a holster that loose.

bishop2queen's6
07-06-2015, 10:34 AM
Was there something special about your holster over Raven though. You can get standard Raven G19 holster and dual mag carrier for about $10-15 more with NO WAIT.

Raven also has a stellar reputation in industry and an awesome warranty. If you break something send it to them and they replace it.

I know this doesn't help you but maybe it will help somebody else. Everyone is quick to complain about Ravens prices but I bet that $10-15 dollar difference doesn't seem so bad to you right now.

Mine was a OWB/IWB G19 Holster with a TRL-1HL option.

Yeah, this headache was not worth the $10-$15 savings. Lesson learned.

tonyxcom
07-06-2015, 11:02 AM
What is wrong with Raven retention? Too tight or too loose for your tastes? I think I have 5 of their holsters and the retention on all of them is pretty close and I can't imagine making any of them tighter or looser.

The only time I need adjustable tension is on my race holsters so I can set them as loose as possible while providing enough retention to walk around and tape and reset targets (when I am running around a stage the gun is in my hand). But like I said holsters I use when I carry would be substantially tighter.

tonyxcom
07-06-2015, 11:18 AM
So typical sample of one argument. Was that your friends first time using a holster? And did you try that Raven yourself?

tonyxcom
07-06-2015, 11:34 AM
You said I you didn't like Ravens because they didn't have adjustable tension.

I said that's why I liked them.

You then started this argument, apparently because I like that Ravens don't have adjustable tension and challenged me to justify it and then continued to challenge everything I said.

bishop2queen's6
07-06-2015, 11:47 AM
Kestryll has stated the following on my initial thread in Announcements and Suggestions:

Strapped Kydex is no longer a Vendor, that changed in the middle of last month.

Shortly there after their account was locked so they have been unable to reply to posts or send PMs. I have reopened their account to allow them to respond to this.

I know no details whatsoever but my guess is that being a one man shop it's the same old story of getting in over his head.

Update: Strapped Kydex has sinced emailed me today July 6th saying that my mag carrier is done and ready to ship. Note, he did not provide a tracking number. I did inform him of my paypal dispute, this thread, and the thread in General Gun Discussion about my outting him as a non-ideal vendor here on CG.

Update 2: July 6. Received another response from Strapped kydex stating that July 4th weekend is a very solemn time for his family as it is a time of remembrance for a family member that has passed away. This caused the delay in response. The carrier is done and will ship today or tomorrow, but will be out in the next couple days. He has offered to make me a free kydex wallet to make up for the delay, but I have just only requested what is missing in my order then we are square.

tonyxcom
07-06-2015, 12:18 PM
He had time for Instagram.

Steve1968LS2
07-06-2015, 2:25 PM
He seems like a nice guy.. and the product was good.. but yea, the wait time was excessive and I got lots of "it's almost done" lines.. not a well ran company.

I ordered since I wanted something custom.. for the money I will go with Griffin or something next time.

Oh, never did receive my promised wallet.. finally I just gave up.. even said it was on the way.. nothing.

Holster is nice though.. just not worth the hassle for the $$$

Chapped Hide
07-06-2015, 2:47 PM
He seems like a nice guy.. and the product was good.. but yea, the wait time was excessive and I got lots of "it's almost done" lines.. not a well ran company.

I ordered since I wanted something custom.. for the money I will go with Griffin or something next time.

Oh, never did receive my promised wallet.. finally I just gave up.. even said it was on the way.. nothing.

Holster is nice though.. just not worth the hassle for the $$$

Same experience and opinion here. Ordered mid September of last year and received at the beginning of December, 17 emails and broken promises later.

SkyHawk
07-06-2015, 2:54 PM
Deja vu

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1047332

Divernhunter
07-06-2015, 5:07 PM
I waited 11 years for my bear rug to be done. Maybe he just needs a bit more time :)

skosh69
07-06-2015, 5:33 PM
$163 for your rig? Wow

A buddy of mine made my Shield holster and dual mag pouch for less than $60 shipped and it's an IWB/OWB convertable.

Good luck to you guys that ordered from him/them.

Oceanbob
07-06-2015, 5:45 PM
Rule number ONE for one man companies.

Never take orders for products not in stock.

Only sell from stock.

Like Kes said: "one man shop getting in over his head".

True words.

:)

vintagearms
07-06-2015, 6:03 PM
Vendor was already expensive for the product. Glad I didn't bother and hoping you will get what you paid for.

Steve1968LS2
07-06-2015, 6:34 PM
Rule number ONE for one man companies.

Never take orders for products not in stock.

Only sell from stock.

Like Kes said: "one man shop getting in over his head".

True words.

:)

Unless your business is making CUSTOM holsters.. and that was his deal.. certain color and options for certain guns..

I think his rule should have been "don't take more orders than you can fulfill in a timely manner"

And don't promise something (in my case a wallet) that you can't/won't deliver..

:shrug:

bishop2queen's6
07-11-2015, 10:02 PM
Bump. Updated and resolved. See first post.

CAglock20c
08-17-2015, 6:12 PM
Sorry to hear you had the same problems I did. The custom kydex holster market is huge right now and although his product was actually really good (which is the sad part), there are dozens of other guys out there with just as good of products. Try searching the word "kydex" on Instagram and go from there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk