PDA

View Full Version : SRT before or after SSP

rman
04-17-2015, 4:22 PM
I picked up a my P245 today, it's got the older contrast sights.

I put SRT in all my DA/SA sigs, in fact I have 2 on the shelf right now waiting for sigs to be put in lol.

Should I toss it in there like I would normally do, or should I wait to send it in for the SSP around Father's Day, and put it in after, as to not void the warranty? Or does it even matter?

OOOORRRRR do you think SIG will install it for me. It's still in an unopened SIG baggie.

nahpungnome
04-17-2015, 6:28 PM
Easiest way would be to call and ask if they'll install a pre purchased set for you. I'm personally indifferent about the SRT on my P220 Match Elite. It makes the trigger a bit too close to the frame for my liking and I have to use the crease of my index finger to make it shoot reasonably straight.

SoCal Choppas
04-17-2015, 6:37 PM
Easiest way would be to call and ask if they'll install a pre purchased set for you. I'm personally indifferent about the SRT on my P220 Match Elite. It makes the trigger a bit too close to the frame for my liking and I have to use the crease of my index finger to make it shoot reasonably straight.

Are you mistaking the SRT=(Short Reset Trigger), which isn't a replacement trigger; but parts to reduce the reset of the trigger.

Short Reach Trigger is a different trigger.

For people who don't know what SSP is: Sig Service Package

http://sigsauer.com/Customshop/SpecialCTU.aspx

rman
04-17-2015, 6:50 PM
they should really call the skinny trigger the Reduced Reach Trigger.

Sent from my Nokia 5160 using Snake

nahpungnome
04-17-2015, 8:44 PM
Are you mistaking the SRT=(Short Reset Trigger), which isn't a replacement trigger; but parts to reduce the reset of the trigger.

Short Reach Trigger is a different trigger.

For people who don't know what SSP is: Sig Service Package

http://sigsauer.com/Customshop/SpecialCTU.aspx

Short reset trigger, the one that puts your reset back. I've never heard the short reach trigger being called a SRT, but rather fully worded out. My match elite has the srt and short reach trigger.

I'm looking into replacing the trigger to a more full trigger, the one I have now pinches.

rman
04-23-2015, 2:13 PM
got an email from sig yesterday, said they will install my SRT for free with the SSP :)

Gary13
04-23-2015, 3:24 PM
Todd Green, who operates pistol-training.com is a lawyer who worked at Sig. He said the SRT part costs as much to make and install as the part they build the gun with. So why don't they they just build them with the SRT instead, if it's so wonderful? Because of suckers, that's why. The SSP is just lame night sight install. Just like another one of their rip off packages that polishes the feed ramp and crowns the barrel. Sig fleeces it's customers.

I guess they fleeced me then, and I enjoyed it. Had them do the AEP and SRT a couple of years ago when they were running a special on my 226, and I am very happy with the result.

Should all of them come with the SRT? Don't know the answer to that. Different strokes for different folks? Some may be happy with the normal trigger, while others like to upgrade. Most of my guns are upgraded in one way or another.

unusedusername
04-23-2015, 3:50 PM
They don't do SRT on all guns did to the fact that many agencies use the pistols in freezing temps with gloves on.

When your fingers go numb you don't want that short of a reset. Try it once and you'll see why :)

AreWeFree
04-23-2015, 4:28 PM
got an email from sig yesterday, said they will install my SRT for free with the SSP :)

Very nice! I just sent in 2 pistols for ssp and was told 20% off, so no free install for me.. sigh, I've been fleeced lol

I think I'll email the rep I spoke with to get the same deal as you, but either way they're saving me time, especially since the SRT kit was out of stock at the places I shop.

rman
04-23-2015, 4:36 PM
Todd Green, who operates pistol-training.com is a lawyer who worked at Sig. He said the SRT part costs as much to make and install as the part they build the gun with. So why don't they they just build them with the SRT instead, if it's so wonderful? Because of suckers, that's why. The SSP is just lame night sight install. Just like another one of their rip off packages that polishes the feed ramp and crowns the barrel. Sig fleeces it's customers.
For me the SSP is all about night sights. $80 for night sights on ebay or have SIG do it for $150 and run thru the gun with new springs ($20). all warranted.

I've installed at least 10 SRTs and maybe half as many spring sets. But I've never done sights, don't have tool, or have the time to make sure they are centered and the gun shoots straight. Sounds like a deal to me.

The SRT parts are almost no different from the regular parts. Why don't they all come with it? Because last time I checked, SIG was running a business.

Here's something that you'll probably loose sleep over:
the P226 and P229/P228 SRT kits are the same - 2 piece kits, usually found for $50 online.

The P220/P245 kit is 3 pieces (includes a decocking lever) for the exact same price.

Wait, there's more!
The P220 kit works in the P229/P228/P226 without the decocking lever.

It's like highway robbery. Made out of Old Navy Performancr Fleece.
Very nice! I just sent in 2 pistols for ssp and was told 20% off, so no free install for me.. sigh, I've been fleeced lol

I think I'll email the rep I spoke with to get the same deal as you, but either way they're saving me time, especially since the SRT kit was out of stock at the places I shop.
They aren't throwing in SRT. I have a few spare sets on the shelf, I'm shipping the gun with one of my sets. Sorry for the confusion.