PDA

View Full Version : ....

Marcus von W.
01-28-2015, 8:42 PM

Twystd1
01-28-2015, 11:08 PM
I would think you might need to pull the barrel to do the lathe work on that.
PM Kcstott or AR15barrels here at calguns.

They will know the right way.

ar15barrels
01-29-2015, 12:25 AM
I would put a Bolton gas block and a Lantac dragon on it.
A Lantac should be long enough to bring it to 16" if you had to cut 1.5" off the 16.3" long barrel.

kcstott
01-29-2015, 7:30 PM
If I had the cash I'd save you the PPT and just show up with a porta band and slice that F'er up take it home and rebuild on a folded flat.

But there's a few hundred in just converting it to AK originality. NA let someone that wants a sporter buy it.

xsefan
01-30-2015, 11:25 AM
Mmm now you have a custom barrel! From the rear if it's on the right side it might help with up and , to the right the ak likes to do. Call green mountain if you can't counter bore. Solar tactical in livermore ca might be able to help.if you can strip the parts off the barrel any machine shop should be able to do this for you . Try ctrguns. Long wait. Green mountain will sell you a, new barrel

klewan
01-30-2015, 1:14 PM
Why not just thread the hole and do the set screw like you want to do after boring the barrel? Seems like a lot of extra work for not much gain....

TIG weld it closed?

ar15barrels
01-30-2015, 1:28 PM
Why not just thread the hole and do the set screw like you want to do after boring the barrel? Seems like a lot of extra work for not much gain....

TIG weld it closed?

If a new front sight would cover the hole in the barrel, I would not even bother plugging the hole.
It's not like it will matter to the inside of the barrel is there is a plug on the outside of the barrel if there is a front sight sealing the hole.

kcstott
01-30-2015, 5:15 PM
So my question remains, where can I get the muzzle of this rifle counter-bored?

You were told to contact me and you never did

klewan
01-30-2015, 8:41 PM
If a new front sight would cover the hole in the barrel, I would not even bother plugging the hole.
It's not like it will matter to the inside of the barrel is there is a plug on the outside of the barrel if there is a front sight sealing the hole.

I can see that, but what to do if the front sight won't cover it? Set screw and TIG in place?

kcstott
01-31-2015, 5:19 AM
I can see that, but what to do if the front sight won't cover it? Set screw and TIG in place?

no set screw needed just tig over the hole. you don't want the hole filled to the bottom anyway, to much chance that your weld bleed through with be in the bullets path. Nop all you are trying to do is cover the hole with as little material as needed to make it look right thats it.

ar15barrels
01-31-2015, 5:35 PM
no set screw needed just tig over the hole. you don't want the hole filled to the bottom anyway, to much chance that your weld bleed through with be in the bullets path. Nop all you are trying to do is cover the hole with as little material as needed to make it look right thats it.

In order to minimize the heat put into the barrel during welding, it helps to plug the hole.
Then, the weld can go around the circumference of the hole/plug without going so deep or needing to add so much filler.

At least that's what I have come up with after having closed off perhaps 75 gas ports over the years...

SVT-40
01-31-2015, 6:40 PM
If you want to make it a red neck muzzle brake just drill all the way through the other side too.... :)