PDA

View Full Version : Source for M60 trunnion and semi rails?

Spyder
01-20-2015, 1:28 PM
Sarco has a trunnion in stock that seems suspiciously cheap...and I know that they released some bad ones a while back. I've got a complete semi-auto parts kit, with the exception of rails...and an incomplete trunnion that is out of spec and not really worth messing with. Anyone have info or leads on the last two parts I need to put this thing together?

Ajaxx
01-20-2015, 4:13 PM
I've got rails :)

Suture1
01-20-2015, 6:20 PM
Gunbroker.com

tr6guns
01-21-2015, 6:39 AM
http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/m60receiverrailsets.aspx

johnyreb
01-22-2015, 7:20 AM
Seen a couple of 100% trunnions on GB. They are 800-1000 and sell pretty quick.

Spyder
03-23-2015, 10:09 AM
Still looking for semi rails...

tr6guns
03-24-2015, 5:43 AM
Have you talked to these people..
http://store.desertord.com/index.php?

LynnJr
03-27-2015, 5:40 PM
Spyder
Call Dan Hamilton at Hamilton and Sons Firearms out of Sedona Arizona.
His now deceased father in-law was George Petrusich more commonly known as GeoAz on the various gun boards.
He was a wealth of parts and knowledge and was a regular at the big muddy machine gun shoots probably Knob Creek as well.
There is also a poster here who sells ammo who goes by MrKubota that might be able to help you out or point you in the right direction.
If you ever get to the little town of Fulton Ca George owned the chicken processing plant there and a few others.

hgray14
06-18-2015, 6:17 AM
I know this is a little off topic but I've got a bit of an emergency situation.

How can tell by looking at (and touching) an M60 if it is semi-auto or not? (not, I can't run any rounds through it or else I'd figure it out that way no problem.)

Thanks

Lingwendil
06-19-2015, 1:30 AM
Here, let me take off my Cadoj/atf wire, and leave a quick link here.

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=6&f=22&t=205906

ar15barrels
06-19-2015, 10:11 AM
I know this is a little off topic but I've got a bit of an emergency situation.

How can tell by looking at (and touching) an M60 if it is semi-auto or not? (not, I can't run any rounds through it or else I'd figure it out that way no problem.)

Thanks

On a closed bolt gun, with the gun unloaded, but charged/cocked, pull the trigger, HOLD the trigger to the rear while charging the gun again(no ammo of course).
Then release the trigger.
If you hear the disconnector reset when you release the trigger, that's a semi-auto gun.
Pulling the trigger now should release the hammer/striker and you would hear the click.

If you DON'T hear the disconnector release when you release the trigger, that means the hammer/striker was already fired and it is a full-auto gun.
Pulling the trigger now should not do anything.

On an open bolt gun, pulling the trigger will release the bolt.
Do the same test with holding the trigger to the rear and cycling the bolt.
If the bolt locks back while the trigger is held, that's a semi-auto open bolt gun.
If the bolt will NOT stay back while it is hand cycled with the trigger held to the rear, that's a full-auto open bolt gun.

PolishMike
06-19-2015, 10:15 AM
With the gun unloaded, but charged/cocked, pull the trigger, HOLD the trigger to the rear while charging the gun again(no ammo of course).
Then release the trigger.
If you hear the disconnector reset when you release the trigger, that's a semi-auto gun.
Pulling the trigger now should release the hammer/striker and you would hear the click.

If you DON'T hear the disconnector release when you release the trigger, that means the hammer/striker was already fired and it is a full-auto gun.
Pulling the trigger now should not do anything.

M60's are originally open bolt, no?

ar15barrels
06-19-2015, 10:19 AM
M60's are originally open bolt, no?

Yes.
And I was finishing my reply to cover open bolt guns while you quoted my closed bolt reply.

PolishMike
06-19-2015, 10:29 AM
Yes.
And I was finishing my reply to cover open bolt guns while you quoted my closed bolt reply.

:36::thumbsup::thumbsup:

krugger
08-14-2015, 9:31 PM
Which design on semi auto M60 rails are you looking for? A lot of what you will see on the web will be full auto so be sure of what you are getting.

BELTFED
Precision Products
Riverside Ca

Spyder
08-16-2015, 10:17 AM
TRW style semi auto is the parts kit I've got.

krugger
08-16-2015, 4:33 PM
We only have parts for the JRW design, wish we could have been more help.

Thank You
BELTFED
Precision Products
Riverside Ca
951-343-9686