PDA

View Full Version : Muzzle break?

e980752
12-28-2014, 11:14 AM
I was looking at replacing my muzzle break on my ar15, I was looking on differ web sites. I saw several that I like but once I started to read I see that there like 2 different thread size is. Is there I way to measures also the dimensions .9-- and .8-- is what the difference. Thank you ahead of time for all ur inputs I try doing little research but can't seem to be looking in the right place.

spamsucker
12-28-2014, 11:56 AM
looks like .1-- is the difference.

cedew
12-28-2014, 12:35 PM
Barrel threads on a 223/556 AR should be 1/2-28. Do you know what dimension is listed as 0.800"-0.900"? Whatever that dimension is, I don't think it has anything to do with the thread.

isplice
12-28-2014, 12:42 PM
BRAKE!

kcstott
12-28-2014, 12:44 PM
the .8 to .9 is the outer diameter of the BRAKE.

as long as the threads a 1/2-28 you're good.

WizeWizard
12-28-2014, 1:08 PM
looks like .1-- is the difference.

LOL!
Brake! LOL
You guys are funny.

Dude. What kind of rifle do you have?
1/2-28 is standard.

Here Ya go buddy.

Www.bravocompanyusa.com/SureFire-MB556K-Muzzle-Brake-Adapter-p/sf%20mb556k.htm

CSACANNONEER
12-28-2014, 1:22 PM
I've never had a muzzle break before. I did get bit one one got loose and slipped off a dog so, be careful.

kcstott
12-28-2014, 1:23 PM
LOL!
Brake! LOL
You guys are funny.

Dude. What kind of rifle do you have?
1/2-28 is standard.

Why does it matter. He's shopping on the web looking for something that looks cool and nothing else.

My opinion is an AR has no use for a muzzle brake. My six year old can shoot it and control it. It'a a mediocre varmint cartridge it's not a .308

e980752
12-29-2014, 7:03 AM
Yeah just for the look

QUOTE=kcstott;15523066]Why does it matter. He's shopping on the web looking for something that looks cool and nothing else.

My opinion is an AR has no use for a muzzle brake. My six year old can shoot it and control it. It'a a mediocre varmint cartridge it's not a .308[/QUOTE]

kcstott
12-29-2014, 2:19 PM
Yeah just for the look

And there's nothing wrong with that. As long as you admit that you are looking for something cool looking thats fine.

It's guys that actually believe the hype that a $200 muzzle brake on an AR is going to do anything other then lighten the load in your wallet. :facepalm:

e980752
12-30-2014, 6:51 AM
Not looking to spend $200 on my AR
Just looking to get something that look kool see a couple on brownell from 20-49
That I like the look of just wasent sure on the thread size

QUOTE=kcstott;15529147][/QUOTE]

And there's nothing wrong with that. As long as you admit that you are looking for something cool looking thats fine.

It's guys that actually believe the hype that a $200 muzzle brake on an AR is going to do anything other then lighten the load in your wallet. :facepalm:[/QUOTE]

kcstott
12-30-2014, 12:10 PM
Not looking to spend $200 on my AR
Just looking to get something that look kool see a couple on brownell from 20-49
That I like the look of just wasent sure on the thread size

I personally like the Jerry Miculek stuff cheep and it works

spyde12
01-02-2015, 8:03 PM
I got the troy midevil muzzle brake for the looks and flash. Just trying to get the nerves to replace it myself.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

toddh
01-04-2015, 6:34 AM
I was looking at replacing my muzzle break on my ar15, Thank you ahead of time for all ur inputs I try doing little research but can't seem to be looking in the right place.

You obviously didn't do any searching on calguns.
If you had, you would know the thread pitch, you would have found links to brakes, comps and flash hiders, with explanations, and you wouldn't have needed to start this thread.

And fwiw...your spelling and sentence structure needs improvement.

kcstott
01-04-2015, 7:09 AM
No one ever does, they either don't take the time to do it right or are just to lazy to try in the first place.

If you had, you would know the thread pitch, you would have found links to brakes, comps and flash hiders, with explanations, and you wouldn't have needed to start this thread.

Nope I don't think so, few people that actually spend the time to search actually filter through all the info to find the info the need. most are look right at the info they need they just don't recognize it.

And you expect anything less from a generation of emailers, texters, and tweeters??? A Spell check generation that just gave up because it was to damn hard to fully spell stuff out.

Nope pretty soon any language rules will be out the window and we'll all be speaking in some BS ubonics code

e980752
01-05-2015, 11:19 AM

sorry about that, I was driving to work went I type it and did not have my dictionary at hand.Won't happen again

docflash
01-05-2015, 11:59 AM
Rough crowd.

sonofeugene
01-05-2015, 12:51 PM
sorry about that, I was driving to work went I type it and did not have my dictionary at hand.Won't happen again

How about not driving and texting/surfing the internet at the same time!

e980752
01-05-2015, 1:37 PM
How about not driving and texting/surfing the internet at the same time!

Sorry forgot to put that I was in the passenger side!!!!!

kcstott
01-05-2015, 3:57 PM
Sorry forgot to put that I was in the passenger side!!!!!

No you didn't you stated quite clearly that you were driving

cedew
01-05-2015, 4:07 PM
Can't even begin to imagine how frustrating life must be for those who have the time/concern for such infinitesimal imperfections. Myself included, I'm surprised that I cared enough to spend seven seconds to write this.

Fjold
01-05-2015, 5:36 PM
Why does it matter. He's shopping on the web looking for something that looks cool and nothing else.

My opinion is an AR has no use for a muzzle brake. My six year old can shoot it and control it. It'a a mediocre varmint cartridge it's not a .308

There is a function for a brake on an AR15.

It gets rid of the evil feature when you're going featureless.

I'm still trying to figure out why people need a brake on a 308.

kcstott
01-05-2015, 6:51 PM
You got me there Frank

In my personal opinion I don't start considering a brake until it's at least a belted magnum then maybe. I kinda like recoil I'm just strange like that

Whiterabbit
01-12-2015, 9:18 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why people need a brake on a 308.

It's helpful when you go out to shoot and realized you accidentally forgot your big-boy-pants at home.