Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 04-28-2008, 3:45 PM
Calguns Addict

Location: Austin, Texas Republic (Ex Fremont, peoples republic California)
Talking Karma kills NorCal gun thief

Karma is a bitch..Any loss of human life is a waste, this one seems less so. Does not Qual for a Darwin award..

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...D5KU.DTL&tsp=1

04-28) 15:37 PDT JENNER -- A 24-year-old man whose body was found early Saturday at the base of a bluff near the Sonoma County hamlet of Jenner fell to his death while climbing with a pair of freshly stolen rifles, the county sheriff's department said today.

The victim, Jeffrey Martin Kessler, fell after pausing below the 100-foot peak of the bluff to fire one of the weapons, which had been snatched hours earlier by a second man during a home burglary in Santa Rosa, sheriff's Sgt. Tim Duke said.

The other man, 24-year-old Joseph John Browder Sr. of Santa Rosa, was jailed Saturday on suspicion of grand theft of firearms and possession of stolen property. Browder, a friend of Kessler's, also had violated the terms of his probation, sheriff's officials said.

Sgt. Duke said Browder stole eight guns and a large amount of ammunition Friday night in unincorporated Santa Rosa, before traveling with Kessler and two others to a spot just north of Jenner.

The friends parked in a Highway 1 turnout and hiked down a steep trail to a private cove, where they fired more than 100 rifle rounds into the cliffs, Duke said. He said Kessler later walked off alone with two guns.

Browder heard Kessler discharge one of the rifles and then yell for help, Duke said. Browder soon found Kessler at the base of the bluff.

Kessler's friends tried to hide seven of the guns and the remaining ammunition in brush off Highway 1, Duke said, but investigators found them. The eighth rifle, Duke said, was located at a homeless encampment in Santa Rosa where Kessler had been staying.

Kessler's older brother said Kessler had a son from a marriage and a daughter named Ylnevaeh ("Heavenly" backward) with his current girlfriend.

Edward Kessler, 30, of Phoenix, said his brother grew up in Yuma, Ariz., and Rohnert Park. He made "a lot of bad choices when he was younger," dropping out of school and spending time in juvenile hall, Kessler said.

He said his brother, who worked at a sandwich shop, had recently enrolled in community college in an effort to gain enough credits to join the Army.

"He was trying," said Edward Kessler, who spent eight years as a Navy Corpsman. "He really was making a conscious effort to get his life on track."

E-mail Demian Bulwa at dbulwa@sfchronicle.com.

Last edited by Steyr_223; 04-28-2008 at 3:47 PM..
Old 04-28-2008, 3:51 PM

I feel bad for the kids not having a father, but how sad is it that the daughter will always remember he was the one that named her "Ylnevaeh"
Old 04-28-2008, 3:53 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
"He was trying," said Edward Kessler, who spent eight years as a Navy Corpsman. "He really was making a conscious effort to get his life on track."
Except for the Residential Burglary....but other than that....
Old 04-28-2008, 4:09 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doofus' brother
"He made a lot of bad choices when he
was younger..."
C'mon - I hate that phrase.

Making a "bad choice" is going to Denny's instead of Ruth's Chris, or buying a Dodge truck, or "going ugly early" at the local bar.

It's NOT falling down a cliff with an armload of stolen rifles and breaking one's neck.

Bill Wiese
San Jose, CA

CGF Board Member / NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA life member

No postings of mine here, unless otherwise specifically noted, are
to be construed as formal or informal positions of the Calguns.Net
ownership, The Calguns Foundation, Inc. ("CGF"), the NRA, or my
employer. No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 04-28-2008, 4:13 PM
In Memoriam

Nice! <borat>

Didn't we have a member here that had his place broken into in that area?
Old 04-28-2008, 4:15 PM

I can only hope his body broke the fall of the rifles and they were not damaged or even scratched when returned to the owner.

Last edited by AS45-70; 04-28-2008 at 4:17 PM..
Old 04-28-2008, 4:26 PM
Calguns Addict

In an ideal world this would serve as a warning to those who attempt to take our firearms from us by whatever other means. There is nothing that separates the burgler from those who do the same thing with committee votes or with a call to their favorite rent-a-thugs.
In Pennsylvania Your permit to carry concealed is called a License to carry fire arms. Other states call it a CCW. In New Jersey it's called a crime.
Discretionary Issue is the new Separate but Equal.

Last edited by yellowfin; 04-28-2008 at 4:29 PM..
Old 04-28-2008, 4:33 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I have to disagree with you. Any loss of human life is a not waste, sometimes the world is better off when some people die.

One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Fjold/member8325.png

Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF
Old 04-28-2008, 4:45 PM

its a shame his friend didnt fall as well
Old 04-28-2008, 4:49 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal858 View Post
its a shame his friend didnt fall as well
+ 100

you got that right...
I think most folks bubba their AR's because they watch too many action movies, play too many video games and don't understand how to socialize properly, so they fantasize about being 'action hero's'. Kind of like little girls playing dress-up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas711 View Post
Is everybody stocking up on guys now? Just curious some gun prices seem to be getting high.
Old 04-28-2008, 6:08 PM
CGN Contributor

was the cliff okay?
Old 04-28-2008, 6:14 PM
Veteran Member

I remember writing on the blackboard at school x100 "life is full of choices, and I made a bad one."

It's not often that you get to see a burglary story end well.
Old 04-28-2008, 6:25 PM
I need a LIFE!!

You know that someone is going to come on here and B**** slap us again for not respecting the dead and for not considering his family, etc.

One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Fjold/member8325.png

Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF
Old 04-28-2008, 6:42 PM
Calguns Addict

Location: Austin, Texas Republic (Ex Fremont, peoples republic California)

"When cliffs are outlawed, only outlaws will have cliffs!" - Septic_Hank
4/28/2008 422 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 6:46 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjold View Post
You know that someone is going to come on here and B**** slap us again for not respecting the dead and for not considering his family, etc.
On this one, I will be more than happy to take the Slapping.. Freaking idiots decided to rob guns and they ended up dead...
I think most folks bubba their AR's because they watch too many action movies, play too many video games and don't understand how to socialize properly, so they fantasize about being 'action hero's'. Kind of like little girls playing dress-up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas711 View Post
Is everybody stocking up on guys now? Just curious some gun prices seem to be getting high.
Old 04-28-2008, 6:48 PM

Huh... Good riddance - I wish there was a lesson for other crooks, but this is good enough. Less burden on the system and the planet.

Give him a Darwin's Award while on it.

"If we know, then we must fight for your life as though it were our own…. For if they take you in the morning, they will be coming for us that night." - James Baldwin
Old 04-28-2008, 6:51 PM
Calguns Addict

heavenly backwards... really...? haha
Old 04-28-2008, 6:52 PM

I hope the guns were not dinged up too badly and are returned to the rightful owner.
Old 04-28-2008, 6:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post

Making a "bad choice" is going to Denny's instead of Ruth's Chris, or buying a Dodge truck, or "going ugly early" at the local bar.

It's NOT falling down a cliff with an armload of stolen rifles and breaking one's neck.
Can I use your?
Quote:
"going ugly early" at the local bar
I've been there, done that!
Old 04-28-2008, 7:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post

"going ugly early" is not a bad choice... it's a calculated strategic decision...
Old 04-28-2008, 8:02 PM

Is there some redneck still standing at the bottom of that cliff holding his beer?
His brother may have been referring to the name he gave his daughter as one of his bad choices.

I do hope that he broke the fall of the rifles, it'd be a shame if they were scratched up much.
Old 04-28-2008, 8:11 PM
Calguns Addict

FAIL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I1l0-rYbfY

"Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." -Thomas Jefferson
, in a letter to his nephew Peter Carr dated August 19, 1785
Old 04-28-2008, 11:10 PM

http://messaging.myspace.com/index.c...b-ec92bbbe9e14

found his myspace site and left him a nice little message for when he gets out of jail
Old 04-29-2008, 8:28 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Hmmm... This could be a new punishment for weapons thieves. Throw them down cliffs! I like it!

-Bryan
Check it out I'm like a buzz bomb
Old 04-29-2008, 9:15 AM

But, there are *laws* against that sort of thing! Didn't *laws* stop a former felon from having guns? We need more *laws* so that these poor unfortunate people don't hurt themselves or die!

I propose a mandatory waiting period for hiking. And a ban on all cliffs, mountains, or trails that a homeless felon can fall from. Unless the trail has certified guard rails that can only be removed with tools...of course the local DA will be inspecting and approving trails.

Check on the DOJ site where all current approved trails and coves for hiking with stolen weapons can be found!

*sigh* too little too late. Can't get a Darwin award if ya already bred..."Idiocracy" come to life.
Old 04-29-2008, 2:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdgfate View Post
wtf??? crazy stuff there... 2:55-3:16 was kind of funny though reminded me of that movie "The Thing".

-

Old 04-29-2008, 5:58 PM
Calguns Addict

Haha...well I wanted to post a pic from Ogrish, but thought the mods might take issue to entrails in vivid color. Computer graphic ragdoll models in a blue world are much easier on the stomach!

There's a whole series of these on YouTube.

"Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." -Thomas Jefferson
, in a letter to his nephew Peter Carr dated August 19, 1785
Old 04-29-2008, 6:54 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

It's the gun owners fault. If he had not had all those evil guns and such a huge dump of ammunition, this poor, young at-risk youth would never have done such a thing. They should sue the gun owner - its his fault!
Old 04-29-2008, 8:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygerpaw View Post
It's the gun owners fault. If he had not had all those evil guns and such a huge dump of ammunition, this poor, young at-risk youth would never have done such a thing. They should sue the gun owner - its his fault!
That's what civil suits are for.

What a wonderful world we live in.
Old 04-29-2008, 8:28 PM
Calguns Addict

damn, i hope the guns wernt hurt to bad...
Old 04-30-2008, 4:04 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steyr_223 View Post
Karma is a bitch..Any loss of human life is a waste, this one seems less so. Does not Qual for a Darwin award..

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...D5KU.DTL&tsp=1

04-28) 15:37 PDT JENNER -- A 24-year-old man whose body was found early Saturday at the base of a bluff near the Sonoma County hamlet of Jenner fell to his death while climbing with a pair of freshly stolen rifles, the county sheriff's department said today.

The criminal, Jeffrey Martin Kessler, fell after pausing below the 100-foot peak of the bluff to fire one of the weapons, which had been snatched hours earlier by a second man during a home burglary in Santa Rosa, sheriff's Sgt. Tim Duke said.

The other man, 24-year-old Joseph John Browder Sr. of Santa Rosa, was jailed Saturday on suspicion of grand theft of firearms and possession of stolen property. Browder, a friend of Kessler's, also had violated the terms of his probation, sheriff's officials said.

Sgt. Duke said Browder stole eight guns and a large amount of ammunition Friday night in unincorporated Santa Rosa, before traveling with Kessler and two others to a spot just north of Jenner.

The friends parked in a Highway 1 turnout and hiked down a steep trail to a private cove, where they fired more than 100 rifle rounds into the cliffs, Duke said. He said Kessler later walked off alone with two guns.

Browder heard Kessler discharge one of the rifles and then yell for help, Duke said. Browder soon found Kessler at the base of the bluff.

Kessler's friends tried to hide seven of the guns and the remaining ammunition in brush off Highway 1, Duke said, but investigators found them. The eighth rifle, Duke said, was located at a homeless encampment in Santa Rosa where Kessler had been staying.

Kessler's older brother said Kessler had a son from a marriage and a daughter named Ylnevaeh ("Heavenly" backward) with his current girlfriend.

Edward Kessler, 30, of Phoenix, said his brother grew up in Yuma, Ariz., and Rohnert Park. He made "a lot of bad choices when he was younger," dropping out of school and spending time in juvenile hall, Kessler said.

He said his brother, who worked at a sandwich shop, had recently enrolled in community college in an effort to gain enough credits to join the Army.

E-mail Demian Bulwa at dbulwa@sfchronicle.com.
I fixed it for the editor.
NFA is a long ways off as well it should be. Going after the NFA soon is like asking the girl you just met in the bar if she's into anal sex...-Gene
Old 05-01-2008, 6:53 PM
Vendor/Retailer

I have less sympathy for gun burglars than drunk drivers.
If I find the guy who took my reg aw ar15 one day i will do unmentionable things to him.

"Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization."
Old 05-01-2008, 7:36 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Pure Karma. I wonder what other "bad choices" they would do with those stolen guns? .
Old 05-01-2008, 8:38 PM

I was out for a long Sunday drive (on Sunday) and happened to drive by that beach without knowing the story of what had happened. A day later and there were still a bunch of LEO's on the beach and a helo circling the area. I thought maybe it was another drowning or a shark attack.

Wondered if the idiot fired off an elephant gun or something (in the dark, on a cliff...) Would have made a good youtube vid...

Wonder if before the fall he said something like, "Hey dudes, watch this!"