Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:24 PM

Default AAR – PTS Phoenix Tactical Solutions - Handgun 2

AAR – PTS Phoenix Tactical Solutions - Handgun 2

Much thanks to Maani for another stellar class. Today was my sister and wife’s first Handgun 2 class. They did extremely well. Because of Maani’s focus on fundamentals and attention to detail I am extremely happy with my wife and sister’s development. They are becoming great shooters. They have become very accurate and comfortable with handling their weapon systems.

Phoenix Tactical Solutions has provided excellent instruction for me and my family. They engrain fundamentals into your training to establish a solid base. As you move on to the more advanced classes you become that much better of a shooter. They focus on being “hands on” and they train “on the line”. I absolutely love this because I personally would not feel comfortable if the training involved sitting on our butts wasting valuable line time. This is more valuable than most folks recognize.

I highly recommend Phoenix Tactical Solutions to anyone and everyone. If they can turn my wife and sister into fantastic shooters they can do it for anyone :-)

Much thanks again Maani!
Old 07-07-2014, 4:48 PM

I also attended the Phoenix Tactical Handgun 2 class on Sunday and agree with C-Bee's assessment.

I've been training with Phoenix Tactical for over two years now and believe that their teaching, training, attention to detail, and emphasis on accuracy produces amazing results.

After 2 or 3 classes with Maani, brand new shooters are consistently hitting a 4" target at 5, 10, 15, and 20 yards. The accuracy and consistency are amazing.

For shooters who have mastered the fundamentals, Maani helps you focus on increasing speed and efficiency and provides a variety of exercises to stay sharp. Box drills, controlled pairs, non-standard response, precision shots, lateral movement, forward and reverse movement, one handed shooting, kneeling, etc.

Accuracy is emphasized on every drill. Shooters have their own targets, and targets are taped up regularly so you see every shot, catch any mistakes, and diagnose and correct immediately. Maani and Sean both watch every student and provide constant personalized feedback with every drill. Trigger press, trigger reset, and front sight are emphasized continuously to improve accuracy of initial and follow up shots.

The half-day morning classes are very convenient and not exhausting like some full day or two day classes. Despite the half day format, you are on the line shooting constantly. Techniques are discussed on the line as you are shooting, and at the end of the class, you complete an "assault course" that combines many of the techniques.

If you are interested in improving defensive shooting skills, I highly recommend taking a class with Phoenix at Angeles Ranges--they offer pistol, shotgun, and carbine courses, and occasionally offer evening low light pistol and rifle classes for experienced students.

Class dates are usually posted via twitter and their web site:

https://twitter.com/phoenixtacsols

http://phoenixtacticalsolutions.com/
Old 07-07-2014, 7:10 PM

A great class, as always with Maani.

My fundamentals were a little rusty but it all came back to me within the first few drills. Lots of good drills including shooting from various positions, while moving, and using cover.

Well worth it to help keep the skills sharp.
Old 08-23-2014, 8:33 PM

Took my first class (Handgun I) with Phoenix Tactical today and I couldn't be more pleased with the way the class was conducted. Maani and Sean are awesome instructors; very professional and accommodating...not to mention, really friendly and down to earth. Even the fellow students who were regulars to the class were very helpful, and the vibe was just amazing.

With all the drills we practiced, the underlining theme was safety, fundamentals, and accuracy. There were a mixture of static drills and dynamic drills with emphasis on movement, while maintaining your accuracy. Super fun and amazing stuff!

This was my first REAL tactical training other than dozens of youtube videos I have watched over the past couple of months. But folks, watching youtube videos and actually doing it under the supervision of professionals is night and day.

I am hooked and I'm seriously considering taking EVERYTHING they offer lol.

I highly recommend Phoenix Tactical for people who are into good vibes and excellent training.
Old 09-28-2014, 8:00 AM

Default PTS Handgun 2

Always great training with Maani and Sean. They run a proffessional and safe organization. Even though the class is a group of students, it seems like they take the time with each individulal, one on one, so you can polish your technique. The drills and repetitions they run are important, so even though the class ends early afternoon, bring plenty of ammo cause it will feel like a full day of shooting! When you start to train with PTS, you will see many familiar faces as you progress through the classes, and the reason is because people return to train at a place that is fun and training is the fundemental for increasing skill.
Old 04-16-2015, 7:18 AM

Default Phoenix tactical solutions handgun 1 course

I don't usually write reviews but I felt compelled to relay what a great experience we had with our class at Phoenix Tactical Solutions. My wife and I have taken several classes before from different outfits but we both feel (along with some our other friends who also took the class with us) that Maani and Sean were our best instructors so far. My wife has had quite a bit of trouble shooting /hitting her target in the past. Groups were loose and very inconsistent. Maani was the first instructor to be able to diagnose her issues and get her hitting a 4 inch target consistently by the end of class while drawing from a holster (even during a movement drill). Fantastic! I couldn't believe the results. They made it so much fun and gave her so much confidence that she was excited about taking the next level class with PTS (definitely a first. Usually have to 'drag' her out to train).

Maani and Sean have a great attention to detail. They are very patient and provide a very safe environment for which one can learn how to shoot.

I highly recommend them.