Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder > Curio & Relic Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic Gallery Post pictures of your favorite milsurp here.

Old 04-08-2008, 3:29 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Lee Enfield UK No.4 Mk 1

Here's my Century 1943 SMLE No.4 Mk 1. She was graded "good;" although at first sight I didn't think I could bring her back life. She came with a piling swivel that a fellow from surplus rifles board tells me that the Turks put on her. When did the British donate rifles to Turkey? Anyway all the surface crowns are ground off but the barrel has plenty of ERs. The bore looks almost unfired. Sometime this week I'm going to Burro to give her a row!

Old 04-08-2008, 4:05 PM

Sweet waiting for range report
Old 04-11-2008, 9:15 PM
Calguns Addict

Default God Save the Queen!

So I went to Burryo today and sent 40 rounds down range. I used Century Arms "Hot Shot" cartridges and I'm as happy as a clam. I shot maybe 4 MOA with open sights with this gun and I'm no rifleman. When I first got her, the gun was, on the surface, in bad shape with pitting, rust on the barrel crown, gauges in the stock, and had been scrubbed very coarsely by the Turks of all UK crowns. My wife, who usually stays away from my hobby, felt compelled for my safety and told me to check that gun well before I shoot it! Fortunately, all the abuse on the gun was only cosmetic. The rifling is sharp and apparently wasn't used much. The 10 round magazine is really improvement over all my 5 round Mausers. I also liked the shorter bolt pull: this as close to a semi auto as a fellow can get. Becoming more familiar with the gun, I noticed the magazine and the bolt were Savage. The bolt was a little coarse in pull, but it works just fine. Now I need a Lithgow!