Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-13-2014, 2:05 PM
Snoopy47's Avatar
Snoopy47 Snoopy47 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,631
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default No more LHI readiness appointments

These were always kind of annoying anyway, but basically money tightness is becoming extremely overt now.

The USAR will no longer keep their soldiers up to date with medical appointments. It was kind of pointless before anyway, as those that get deployed anyway go through the medical exam system anyway from top to bottom.

Now the USAR will simply not bother with medical status until one is on the deployment docket.
__________________
Before there was Polymer there was Accuracy.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-13-2014, 2:07 PM
Snoopy47's Avatar
Snoopy47 Snoopy47 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,631
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Oh, it was annoying because out of the blue I would get a call saying I had a medical appointment (check up) and no one consulted me about what else I might have going on, and I would always be forced to call back and change it anyway.

This means all that BS stops.
__________________
Before there was Polymer there was Accuracy.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-16-2014, 6:16 AM
coryhenry's Avatar
coryhenry coryhenry is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,162
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Default

Interesting, where did you get this? We are still sending all my troops on vouchers, no stopping medical in my area. In fact its becoming even a bigger issue with more attention.
__________________
Cory

"Every man dies, not every man really lives!"

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-17-2014, 5:38 AM
Snoopy47's Avatar
Snoopy47 Snoopy47 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,631
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryhenry View Post
Interesting, where did you get this? We are still sending all my troops on vouchers, no stopping medical in my area. In fact its becoming even a bigger issue with more attention.
Came from my company 1SG via my mil e-mail. Even said those with appointments would have to cancel them.

I guess if you guys are getting vouchers then you're still in the clear to go.
__________________
Before there was Polymer there was Accuracy.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-18-2014, 1:39 PM
riserdive riserdive is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Diego
Posts: 8
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Absolutely not the case USAR wide.. we're still scheduling appointments in my Command. We're also placing 'flags' in RLAS (G1; suspension of favorable personnel action) for anyone who is non current in medpros. Deployment cycle is irrelevant in this.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-18-2014, 6:58 PM
chris's Avatar
chris chris is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Texas for now
Posts: 16,835
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

I haven't heard this yet and I'm at the brigade level now. nothing in my email today about it.
__________________
http://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php


Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, “This is California; we don’t pay too much attention to the Constitution,”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A

In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-18-2014, 9:49 PM
Snoopy47's Avatar
Snoopy47 Snoopy47 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,631
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I can only speculate since my BN is coming upon a deployment year they might not want to be paying for medical appointments that are going to get duplicated soon anyway at CRC.
__________________
Before there was Polymer there was Accuracy.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-20-2014, 9:37 AM
FMFdevildoc's Avatar
FMFdevildoc FMFdevildoc is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Apple Valley, CA
Posts: 458
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Anyone else experience issues with the LHI outfit? We had utilized them several times (USMC Reserve BN). Every single time they've came, the dental folks made countless Marines "class 3" or even "class 4" dental, thus deployable. Then, when said Marines followed up with their civilian dentist or a military dentist, they get cleared.

It's been a re-occurring them with that outfit. It's made my life difficult, so I'm not a huge fan. On topic of the post, that seems to be an interesting position; to forego medical readiness stuff unless mobilizing. Cost cutting measures for certain.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-20-2014, 9:38 AM
FMFdevildoc's Avatar
FMFdevildoc FMFdevildoc is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Apple Valley, CA
Posts: 458
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

(Correction - making them NON deployable)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-20-2014, 10:26 AM
chris's Avatar
chris chris is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Texas for now
Posts: 16,835
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMFdevildoc View Post
Anyone else experience issues with the LHI outfit? We had utilized them several times (USMC Reserve BN). Every single time they've came, the dental folks made countless Marines "class 3" or even "class 4" dental, thus deployable. Then, when said Marines followed up with their civilian dentist or a military dentist, they get cleared.

It's been a re-occurring them with that outfit. It's made my life difficult, so I'm not a huge fan. On topic of the post, that seems to be an interesting position; to forego medical readiness stuff unless mobilizing. Cost cutting measures for certain.
I agree this should be done if the unit or individual is deploying. that may be a reality soon with the budget being cut the way it is.

the HAZMAT lady that came to my shop and taught our yearly refresher has been told the fiscal 2015 is going to suck. and the way things look in the news about the military budget and sequestration 2015 doesn't look good at all.
__________________
http://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php


Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, “This is California; we don’t pay too much attention to the Constitution,”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A

In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:35 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.