Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 06-13-2014, 2:05 PM

Default No more LHI readiness appointments

These were always kind of annoying anyway, but basically money tightness is becoming extremely overt now.

The USAR will no longer keep their soldiers up to date with medical appointments. It was kind of pointless before anyway, as those that get deployed anyway go through the medical exam system anyway from top to bottom.

Now the USAR will simply not bother with medical status until one is on the deployment docket.
Old 06-13-2014, 2:07 PM

Oh, it was annoying because out of the blue I would get a call saying I had a medical appointment (check up) and no one consulted me about what else I might have going on, and I would always be forced to call back and change it anyway.

This means all that BS stops.
Old 06-16-2014, 6:16 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Interesting, where did you get this? We are still sending all my troops on vouchers, no stopping medical in my area. In fact its becoming even a bigger issue with more attention.

"Every man dies, not every man really lives!"

Old 06-17-2014, 5:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryhenry View Post
Interesting, where did you get this? We are still sending all my troops on vouchers, no stopping medical in my area. In fact its becoming even a bigger issue with more attention.
Came from my company 1SG via my mil e-mail. Even said those with appointments would have to cancel them.

I guess if you guys are getting vouchers then you're still in the clear to go.
Old 06-18-2014, 1:39 PM

Absolutely not the case USAR wide.. we're still scheduling appointments in my Command. We're also placing 'flags' in RLAS (G1; suspension of favorable personnel action) for anyone who is non current in medpros. Deployment cycle is irrelevant in this.
Old 06-18-2014, 6:58 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I haven't heard this yet and I'm at the brigade level now. nothing in my email today about it.

Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, “This is California; we don’t pay too much attention to the Constitution,”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A

In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.
Old 06-18-2014, 9:49 PM

I can only speculate since my BN is coming upon a deployment year they might not want to be paying for medical appointments that are going to get duplicated soon anyway at CRC.
Old 07-20-2014, 9:37 AM

Anyone else experience issues with the LHI outfit? We had utilized them several times (USMC Reserve BN). Every single time they've came, the dental folks made countless Marines "class 3" or even "class 4" dental, thus deployable. Then, when said Marines followed up with their civilian dentist or a military dentist, they get cleared.

It's been a re-occurring them with that outfit. It's made my life difficult, so I'm not a huge fan. On topic of the post, that seems to be an interesting position; to forego medical readiness stuff unless mobilizing. Cost cutting measures for certain.
Old 07-20-2014, 9:38 AM

(Correction - making them NON deployable)
Old 07-20-2014, 10:26 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMFdevildoc View Post
Anyone else experience issues with the LHI outfit? We had utilized them several times (USMC Reserve BN). Every single time they've came, the dental folks made countless Marines "class 3" or even "class 4" dental, thus deployable. Then, when said Marines followed up with their civilian dentist or a military dentist, they get cleared.

It's been a re-occurring them with that outfit. It's made my life difficult, so I'm not a huge fan. On topic of the post, that seems to be an interesting position; to forego medical readiness stuff unless mobilizing. Cost cutting measures for certain.
I agree this should be done if the unit or individual is deploying. that may be a reality soon with the budget being cut the way it is.

the HAZMAT lady that came to my shop and taught our yearly refresher has been told the fiscal 2015 is going to suck. and the way things look in the news about the military budget and sequestration 2015 doesn't look good at all.

Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, “This is California; we don’t pay too much attention to the Constitution,”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A

In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.