Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-27-2008, 9:12 AM
xrMike's Avatar
xrMike xrMike is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: waaaaay South Bay
Posts: 7,250
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default Anybody bum rushing Big5 for their M1 carbine sale?

http://big5sportinggoods.shoplocal.c...id=-2091849077

Seems pretty steep to me.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-27-2008, 9:22 AM
locktime's Avatar
locktime locktime is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Formerly: Redondo Beach Currently: Sedona AZ
Posts: 1,131
iTrader: 99 / 100%
Default

Big 5 would give me the bum's rush if I told them what I thought about their on sale $999 carbines.
__________________
Useless laws weaken the necessary laws.
- Montesquieu
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-27-2008, 9:22 AM
DB2's Avatar
DB2 DB2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tracy, Ca.
Posts: 1,533
iTrader: 30 / 100%
Default

That's not a sale price!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-27-2008, 9:32 AM
ivanimal's Avatar
ivanimal ivanimal is offline
Janitors assistant
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: East Bay
Posts: 13,747
iTrader: 176 / 100%
Blog Entries: 2
Default

The price is pretty unreasonable for sure.
__________________
"I would kill for a Nobel peace prize." Steven Wright"
Board Member CGSSA Donate now!
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-27-2008, 9:52 AM
RedDawn's Avatar
RedDawn RedDawn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The OC
Posts: 2,230
iTrader: 69 / 100%
Default

I actually saw a guy looking one of the M1's over at the Big 5 in Anaheim.
Didn't dros it though.
__________________

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms, disarm only those who are neither inclined, nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants. They serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1764
*Excerpts from "On Crimes and Punishment" by Cesare Beccaria
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-27-2008, 10:20 AM
kap's Avatar
kap kap is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,325
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

They should update the description ...


AUTHENTIC U.S. MILITARY .30 CARBINE 'M-1' CARBINE

Military Surplus!
Issued to Troops in WWII and the Korean War!
• MADE BY INLAND INDUSTRIES
• 10-ROUND MAGAZINE
FREE BUM LUBE
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-27-2008, 10:27 AM
socalgunrunner's Avatar
socalgunrunner socalgunrunner is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ventura, CA, USA
Posts: 636
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

I thought that was kind of pricey as well.

They also have those Russian Mosin Nagant rifles in 7.62x54 for $79 though. Thats not a bad deal if you can find one that's in decent shape.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-27-2008, 11:36 AM
xrMike's Avatar
xrMike xrMike is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: waaaaay South Bay
Posts: 7,250
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

The M1 carbine has never been a "must have" for me, not sure why... I'd much rather buy another Garand before I'd pick up a carbine.

Any idea where Big5 is getting their supply of these? They can't (?) be getting them from the CMP, so who is providing them? Are these the same Inlands that CMP was selling recently?

If they were leant out to another country (like we leant Garands to Greece), shouldn't they have been returned to the U.S. govt?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-27-2008, 11:45 AM
TonyNorCal's Avatar
TonyNorCal TonyNorCal is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,437
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

I'd also be curious to know the source of the Big 5 Carbines. Are they import marked?

I haven't gone to look (and not planning to). However, I doubt they're in much better condition than than the CMP rack grade Inlands which one can have shipped to your door for $442.

Are all of Big 5s Inlands?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-27-2008, 11:59 AM
Nodda Duma's Avatar
Nodda Duma Nodda Duma is offline
Live Free Or Die
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Brookline, NH
Posts: 3,447
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

They are Century Arms put-togethers. My buddy is manager of the local Big 5. He has sold them all w/in a few days of them arriving at his store.

-Jason
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-27-2008, 12:04 PM
Gator Monroe Gator Monroe is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Oak Run Ca.
Posts: 6,457
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I'm waiten for the Blazer 525 rd. .22 Bulk box on sale for 10.99 AGAIN !
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-27-2008, 12:04 PM
double_action's Avatar
double_action double_action is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Santa Barbara
Posts: 1,210
iTrader: 59 / 100%
Default

That's crazy!

I got a non-import marked Inland I'll sell you for cheap! Only $800
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Legasat View Post
Glocks blow up, SIGs have a high bore axis, Beretta locking blocks break, Ruger is anti-gun, 1911s are unreliable, and HK hates you. Get over it.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-27-2008, 12:12 PM
GSequoia's Avatar
GSequoia GSequoia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 1,359
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Their carbines are crap too!

I saw one on the rack at my Big-5, Immediately asked them to pull it down so I could look at it (no price tag).

Metal was decent, just decent, wood was chipped, dark as all hell, and had random blue paint on it. Chamber looked dirty as all hell. Asked him how much, $999. I said "uhhh, no, that's way overpriced."

He acted like I would imagine the Pope would if you said "Jesus and Mary aren't real."
__________________
Alot isn't a word and allot isn't the word you think it is.

I'd really like a Colt 1903 frame, bad finish okay!
I'm also looking for a good deal on a 1911 frame or two for budget/spare parts builds.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-27-2008, 12:36 PM
Phishbone Phishbone is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 19
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Yeah, I saw them for $999 as well and almost fell out of my chair when I saw the new ad about them. When I was in the store picking up my 91/30, I said do you expect to sell that thing at that price. It's beat to hell, and he said, I doubt it, but not much I can do about it. I offered him my phone # cause I said I would love to be present to see someone buy that particular one. I had seen better condition at other stores, but this one wow, I wouldn't trust one shot out of it.
__________________
No Pads... No Helmets... Just Balls!

><> Phishbone <><
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-27-2008, 3:02 PM
SemiAutoSam SemiAutoSam is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Volksrepublic Kalifornien 人民共和国加州
Posts: 9,146
iTrader: 33 / 100%
Default

I saw that POS today when I was down in Oroswill (The county seat of Butte County) and had a chance to have a look at it.

I have a feeling that they will either be lowering the price drastically or sending these things back to where they came from.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-27-2008, 3:52 PM
jamesob's Avatar
jamesob jamesob is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: exeter
Posts: 4,740
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

i think they will have them in stock for a while. eventually when all semi auto's are banned they might sell them at that price.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-27-2008, 4:31 PM
doughboy334's Avatar
doughboy334 doughboy334 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South San Francisco
Posts: 2,056
iTrader: 65 / 100%
Default

I almost thought about it, but I plan on joining the CMP and getting my M1 and M1 Carbine there
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpach View Post
Just do what M Sage and others have said to do, they know what theyr talkin about. Just dont urinate in your barrel and expect ur rifle to be ok. My buddy and I recently went shooting and he shot corrosive yugo ammo through his Mosin and figured he could just piss in the barrel and call it a day. Several days later the bolt was rusted shut but I guess the fouling wasnt TOO bad.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-27-2008, 6:18 PM
packnrat's Avatar
packnrat packnrat is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,080
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

the big 5 carbines are JUNK.and way over priced.

you can still get much better carbines for up to 1/2 of there price. good shooters are to be had for $500. or so.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-27-2008, 7:41 PM
tdo315 tdo315 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 210
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

They have had the same one in the Thousand Oaks Big 5 for at least a month now. $999 is waaaay too much for these.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-27-2008, 8:04 PM
.22guy's Avatar
.22guy .22guy is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 5,851
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

It's pretty much universally understood across the net that these things are junk and totally overpriced. But some people will buy them, and I guess they can charge 50 bucks or 2000 if they want.

All I know is that I got a great condition Service Inland for 520 shipped to my door from CMP. And of course it's not import marked.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholling View Post
Someone else's lack of foresight and planning is no reason for you to take less than the current market value despite all of the wailing and crying for 2nd Amendment socialism and welfare pricing.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-27-2008, 8:24 PM
thefifthspeed's Avatar
thefifthspeed thefifthspeed is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Modesto/Sacramento
Posts: 2,691
iTrader: 101 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by double_action View Post
That's crazy!

I got a non-import marked Inland I'll sell you for cheap! Only $800
Same here, I posted a service grade carbine for sale here a couple weeks ago and a member PMed me saying that these sell for 300-400 bucks I guess we should stand out in from of Big 5 like a scalper. Carbines!!! got your Carbines!!! Who needs Carbines!!!???!!!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-27-2008, 9:04 PM
torsf's Avatar
torsf torsf is offline
Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Arizona & treated like an adult
Posts: 445
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

I vote for a sticky.. Big 5 carbines are a POS
__________________


Please note that others have used this screen name on non-gun related sites, and I am not related to them in any way.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-27-2008, 9:46 PM
Xerxes Xerxes is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,185
iTrader: 47 / 100%
Default

Those are stone washed carbines....

Like those jeans they put in the wash with large river boulders, some sand, and two gallons of bleach, then put the scissors to them after washing some idiot at LITTLE 5 minus brains thought since people paid three times as much for those jeans they would do the same for these carbines.

GO FIGURE!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-27-2008, 11:18 PM
dragonbait1a's Avatar
dragonbait1a dragonbait1a is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: South of Castro Valley
Posts: 595
iTrader: 0 / 50%
Default

So Besides CMP what is the going rate for WWII M1 carbine? Don't care too much about finish as much a functionality. Maybe not today but It has been bouncing around the back of my head for a while....

RGB
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-28-2008, 5:05 AM
caldude's Avatar
caldude caldude is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: East Bay
Posts: 1,256
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonbait1a View Post
So Besides CMP what is the going rate for WWII M1 carbine? Don't care too much about finish as much a functionality. Maybe not today but It has been bouncing around the back of my head for a while....

RGB
Check GunBroker to see what they are selling for. Depending on condition and 'collectibility', the range lately seems to be $600-$1200. You can get quite a few decent ones in the $700-$800 range. Of course, if you have your C&R, you can buy an M1 direct from GunBroker without having to add transfer fees.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-28-2008, 11:53 AM
xrMike's Avatar
xrMike xrMike is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: waaaaay South Bay
Posts: 7,250
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonbait1a View Post
So Besides CMP what is the going rate for WWII M1 carbine?
Go check out CMP:

http://www.odcmp.com/rifles/carbine.htm

Looks like the Inland service grades are sold out, but you can still get a rack grade for $419. There are other rack grades available (from other makers), and additional service grades are coming up for sale in the near future.

EDIT: Oh, you said, "besides CMP", my bad... You already knew all that then... Not sure why you'd buy from somebody else. Even on gunbroker you're going to probably pay a couple-few hundred more than you would from CMP.

Last edited by xrMike; 03-28-2008 at 11:55 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-28-2008, 1:32 PM
JAGGUY's Avatar
JAGGUY JAGGUY is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Riverside, Southern Province, People's Republic of KALIFORNIA
Posts: 1,288
iTrader: 47 / 100%
Default

The CMP site makes it sound like they will send one to your door even if you aren't an 03 or 01. Is this true even for Ca?
-g
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-28-2008, 1:34 PM
double_action's Avatar
double_action double_action is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Santa Barbara
Posts: 1,210
iTrader: 59 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGGUY View Post
The CMP site makes it sound like they will send one to your door even if you aren't an 03 or 01. Is this true even for Ca?
-g
If you meet their requirements—YES!
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Legasat View Post
Glocks blow up, SIGs have a high bore axis, Beretta locking blocks break, Ruger is anti-gun, 1911s are unreliable, and HK hates you. Get over it.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-28-2008, 2:25 PM
.22guy's Avatar
.22guy .22guy is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 5,851
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGGUY View Post
The CMP site makes it sound like they will send one to your door even if you aren't an 03 or 01. Is this true even for Ca?
-g
Yep, yes it is. It's quite a feeling to have guns shipped to your door too.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholling View Post
Someone else's lack of foresight and planning is no reason for you to take less than the current market value despite all of the wailing and crying for 2nd Amendment socialism and welfare pricing.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-28-2008, 3:22 PM
thefifthspeed's Avatar
thefifthspeed thefifthspeed is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Modesto/Sacramento
Posts: 2,691
iTrader: 101 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .22guy View Post
Yep, yes it is. It's quite a feeling to have guns shipped to your door too.
Except when the BWT leaves them at your door to sit for 3 days
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 03-28-2008, 3:31 PM
.22guy's Avatar
.22guy .22guy is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 5,851
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefifthspeed View Post
Except when the BWT leaves them at your door to sit for 3 days
They did that? Was it a CMP gun?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholling View Post
Someone else's lack of foresight and planning is no reason for you to take less than the current market value despite all of the wailing and crying for 2nd Amendment socialism and welfare pricing.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-28-2008, 3:58 PM
Ironchef Ironchef is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: MT
Posts: 2,318
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

I just walked over to the Big5 next to my place of work and they had already sold theirs! I was astonished and asked what kind of condition it was in, if the wear was rated, if the stock was banged up, blueing, etc. I was told it was as immaculate as a MN91/30 they showed me and I was surprised it was so nice.
__________________
Fleeing the PRK on 3/8/09!!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-28-2008, 4:34 PM
.22guy's Avatar
.22guy .22guy is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 5,851
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironchef View Post
I just walked over to the Big5 next to my place of work and they had already sold theirs! I was astonished and asked what kind of condition it was in, if the wear was rated, if the stock was banged up, blueing, etc. I was told it was as immaculate as a MN91/30 they showed me and I was surprised it was so nice.
I bet they are also so full of crap their eyeballs are floating in it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholling View Post
Someone else's lack of foresight and planning is no reason for you to take less than the current market value despite all of the wailing and crying for 2nd Amendment socialism and welfare pricing.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-28-2008, 7:28 PM
thefifthspeed's Avatar
thefifthspeed thefifthspeed is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Modesto/Sacramento
Posts: 2,691
iTrader: 101 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .22guy View Post
They did that? Was it a CMP gun?
I've gotten 6-7 rifles from cmp and every time I had to sign for it except one time the person just left it there when I was out of town...Guess he forged my signiture to save on time
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-28-2008, 9:02 PM
dragonbait1a's Avatar
dragonbait1a dragonbait1a is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: South of Castro Valley
Posts: 595
iTrader: 0 / 50%
Default CMP and 03 :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrMike View Post
Go check out CMP:

http://www.odcmp.com/rifles/carbine.htm

Looks like the Inland service grades are sold out, but you can still get a rack grade for $419. There are other rack grades available (from other makers), and additional service grades are coming up for sale in the near future.

EDIT: Oh, you said, "besides CMP", my bad... You already knew all that then... Not sure why you'd buy from somebody else. Even on gunbroker you're going to probably pay a couple-few hundred more than you would from CMP.
I Don't have an C&R 'cause i live an and apt and have only 1 maybe 3 guns budgeted a year. Once I move into a more permanent residence the C&R is pretty high on the list of thing I want.

As Far as CMP goes, I'd spend more then the savings on the membership and qualifying events. Plus I work Retail so weekends off are a joke. I get to the range very rarely. Hopefully more now with my .22. Honestly there is not a lot that the CMP has that I need. A M1 or maybe a pair. Possibly some ammo. Not enough to justify the trouble and expense.

And Yes i know I should support the local range(s). I pay my NRA dues yearly (they get more money and I get to put it off till I have money), I try and support my local gunshops when I'm buying small lots of ammo and accessories. I actively engage friends and coworkers in the sport. But my life right now cannot involve as much shooting as I'd like. Family's gotta come First.

RGB, Lotta balls up in the air (35+ firearms I want), not enough wallet to catch them now.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-28-2008, 10:48 PM
thefifthspeed's Avatar
thefifthspeed thefifthspeed is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Modesto/Sacramento
Posts: 2,691
iTrader: 101 / 100%
Default

If you want to get on with CMP and don't have the time to do anything like range qualifying then all you really need is 40 bucks for a C&R and some membership that qualifies for CMP. That 40 bucks you more than save when you buy just 1 rifle. Before my 1st CMP purchase I thought it was a lot of work but I got a hunter education card and spend 15 bucks on a membership and bam! I'm in. Later when I turned 21 I got a C&R and I spend 10 bucks on whatever is the cheapest membership nowadays.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonbait1a View Post
I Don't have an C&R 'cause i live an and apt and have only 1 maybe 3 guns budgeted a year. Once I move into a more permanent residence the C&R is pretty high on the list of thing I want.

As Far as CMP goes, I'd spend more then the savings on the membership and qualifying events. Plus I work Retail so weekends off are a joke. I get to the range very rarely. Hopefully more now with my .22. Honestly there is not a lot that the CMP has that I need. A M1 or maybe a pair. Possibly some ammo. Not enough to justify the trouble and expense.

And Yes i know I should support the local range(s). I pay my NRA dues yearly (they get more money and I get to put it off till I have money), I try and support my local gunshops when I'm buying small lots of ammo and accessories. I actively engage friends and coworkers in the sport. But my life right now cannot involve as much shooting as I'd like. Family's gotta come First.

RGB, Lotta balls up in the air (35+ firearms I want), not enough wallet to catch them now.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-29-2008, 9:58 PM
pogo pogo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: South Bay L.A.
Posts: 570
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrMike View Post
Anybody bum rushing Big5 for their M1 carbine sale?
Not to buy, but I may rush over there to look, sounds like it's the most exciting thing they've had there for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrMike View Post
The M1 carbine has never been a "must have" for me, not sure why... I'd much rather buy another Garand before I'd pick up a carbine...
Same here, although a few have come home with me unexpectedly after a few nights of heavy partying, a cute put-together Universal and a seductive Inland.

Anyway, I don't think they'll work on a Zombie...
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-31-2008, 7:53 AM
socalgunrunner's Avatar
socalgunrunner socalgunrunner is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ventura, CA, USA
Posts: 636
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

WTF???? You mean it's $999.99? I assumed that the price in the advertisement was a typo...I thought they meant to say $99.99!

That would be closer to the real value considering how poor of a condition these things are in. They should be ashamed of themselves for selling this kind of junk.
__________________
"People crushed by law, have no hopes but from power. If laws are their enemies, they will be enemies to laws; and those who have much to hope and nothing to lose, will always be dangerous" - Edmund Burke (1777)

PSN ID: socal_shred
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-02-2008, 12:53 PM
CaptMike CaptMike is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles County
Posts: 1,021
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I understand why they are asking so much for their M1's. I dont agree with it but I understand. I do believe they are the only retailer in the country that has them in stock and avaiable for purchase. For those that dont know about CMP or those that dont like throwing the dice in hopes that they get a decent shooter, Big 5 fills the bill. The guns may not be in good condition, but one of the great things about big 5 is that the good stores will usually bring out the others in the back and let you pick the one you want. That is why I go to the Pasadena store. Would I pay 1000 for that carbine at Big 5, probably not, but for those that have the money and want their carbine in 10 days big 5 is the place. please dont bash, just making an observation. I dont work at Big 5 but I do buy stuff from them once in a while

stay safe
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-02-2008, 3:37 PM
thefifthspeed's Avatar
thefifthspeed thefifthspeed is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Modesto/Sacramento
Posts: 2,691
iTrader: 101 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtMike70 View Post
I understand why they are asking so much for their M1's. I dont agree with it but I understand. I do believe they are the only retailer in the country that has them in stock and avaiable for purchase. For those that dont know about CMP or those that dont like throwing the dice in hopes that they get a decent shooter, Big 5 fills the bill. The guns may not be in good condition, but one of the great things about big 5 is that the good stores will usually bring out the others in the back and let you pick the one you want. That is why I go to the Pasadena store. Would I pay 1000 for that carbine at Big 5, probably not, but for those that have the money and want their carbine in 10 days big 5 is the place. please dont bash, just making an observation. I dont work at Big 5 but I do buy stuff from them once in a while

stay safe

Even if Big 5 let you check them all out you are still getting an import stamped mix master and with DROS and tax your paying over 1100 after it's all said and done. You can buy almost 3 rack grade inlands for that price, kick 2 to the curb and pick 1 good shooter. Or you could visit most shops or gun shows and pick through their selection. Also skimming the boards is another great option. I just sold a service grade carbine to a member here for 550 which is half the price of BIG 5. But like you mentioned they do cater to the average joe who doesn't want to put in the time to hunt for a deal. The only thing that is going to suck is if the buyer of a Big 5 carbine wants to sell it one day he/she is going to take a huge hit on it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:35 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.