Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Old 04-13-2014, 5:17 PM

Default SoCal Skeet clinic, 4-12-14 Debrief

Overcast skies and mild temps met us for Saturday's clinic. Bobby-Dog and myself(Shovelon) met up with Richard and Don for an intense session. Being repeaters to thier clinics and wanting to work on specific areas, we narrowed them down to Station 2 high house, and station 6 low house hold points and leads.

Before hand Richard and Don had us run through a round of skeet to take notes.

Then they started working us on Station 2 and 6. Richard a Don zeroed in on our posture.

Bobby-Dog and I really got worked on our posture. Amazing what they see when observing us shoot.

We futher tested with more rounds of skeet. The first round I had a personal best of 23. We shot up 5 rounds during the day. Afterwards Bobby-Dog and I signed up for Don's birthday shoot May 3rd.

MidLife - "Just look at the bird. And swing smoothly to the shot. "

CaptainDick - " Faster! Faster! Faster! Don't think!
Old 04-13-2014, 7:07 PM

Damn. I am sorry I missed it! Nearly a private lesson you guys had.

Glad you registered for Don's birthday shoot - more squads are filling out, turnout should be good, and it'll definitely be fun!

Anyone who has taken a clinic should register for Don's birthday shoot - with strength in numbers, maybe we can give HIM some ribbing for a change.
Old 04-13-2014, 7:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapperjohn View Post
Damn. I am sorry I missed it! Nearly a private lesson you guys had.

Glad you registered for Don's birthday shoot - more squads are filling out, turnout should be good, and it'll definitely be fun!

Anyone who has taken a clinic should register for Don's birthday shoot - with strength in numbers, maybe we can give HIM some ribbing for a change.
Yes, I got a lot out of yesterday for sure. It is becoming good fun as well.

In preparation for Don's birthday shoot, Sunday April 27 clinic will include a primer for squad shooting. I am trying to juggle my schedule for that clinic as well.

Old 04-13-2014, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelon View Post
Yes, I got a lot out of yesterday for sure. It is becoming good fun as well.

In preparation for Don's birthday shoot, Sunday April 27 clinic will include a primer for squad shooting. I am trying to juggle my schedule for that clinic as well.
A two person clinic must have been awesome...
I'm signed up for the Saturday, 26-APR-2014 clinic. I wonder if there will be a "primer for squad shooting" that day?
Old 04-13-2014, 9:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceh383 View Post
A two person clinic must have been awesome...
I'm signed up for the Saturday, 26-APR-2014 clinic. I wonder if there will be a "primer for squad shooting" that day?
PM Richard and ask for a primer. I know I could use another. Rob and I finished up the day with a round of skeet squad style with a group of Don's ex students and Richard and Don paced us all. Those boys are seriously good! What an awesome finish.

Yes is was awesome. Rob and I were shooting the Thursday before when I mentioned it to him. Glad he could make it. Otherwise it would have been just me. All in all we both exhausted more than 140 rounds of shells. I hope Richard and Don enjoyed themselves too. Every time I come to a clinic they pile some more technique on top of what I possess even if they change it up. I get it. It is the combinations of these techniques that are allowing me to break clays.