Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Wine Country Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2014, 5:44 PM

Default Helms House of Guns

Are they still in business ? I was there maybe 10 years ago, nice small industrial complex space and great consignment selection of rifles, but I can't find them now. I was told that another company took them over; S&T Firearms ? Any comment ?

Thanks
Old 04-08-2014, 6:07 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadjin View Post
Are they still in business ? I was there maybe 10 years ago, nice small industrial complex space and great consignment selection of rifles, but I can't find them now. I was told that another company took them over; S&T Firearms ? Any comment ?

Thanks

Schnit & Titoni(sp?) now
Old 04-08-2014, 7:12 PM
Calguns Addict

New storefront (Schmidt and Titoni), same bad attitude towards customers. Try Markell's on Mark West Springs Rd.
Old 04-08-2014, 8:07 PM

Sacred and terrified suck donkey balls the "owners" think they know every law for fire arms...LEO can have more than 10 rounds for their firearms...s&t say that is not true and ar 15 rifles are also illegal in CA...I have been there twice and that was enough for their bad advice and bs prices
Old 04-08-2014, 8:36 PM

Got it ... Appears unanimous ;O

Thanks for saving me my time.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:13 AM

The only reason to go in there is to see if they might have a specific used gun on consignment that you're looking for. Rinkor is better, as is Pacific Sportsman.
Old 04-12-2014, 3:18 PM

Check out Rinkor Arms on Mendocino Ave. I've been there a few times to do transfers and they're all pretty nice and well informed.
Old 04-19-2014, 4:11 PM

The guys at rinkor arms follow you around the store the whole time while at least one / 3 of them have eyes on you at all times while talking about someone trying to steal a magazine. How they are all armed, have cameras everywhere and caught the guy last time with his license plate and have his address. Then they all stair you down as you talk about with out buying anything. But the thing is they don't really have much in there unless your looking for a $1400 le only kimber. Didn't even have ear plugs which I had came in for. So unless you like feeling super awakward the whole time you looking around I would stay out.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:45 AM

I would recommend checking out Triple A's in Vallejo. They have a good selection of guns compared to Rinkor and do SSE's on Glocks and 1911's. You do have to get buzzed in but don't let that deter you from checking this place out if you're in the area.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:29 AM

+1 for triple As. Sorry for the bad gramer. Typed up on my tiny cell phone screen.
Old 04-21-2014, 3:51 PM

I'm at AAA often, I've done a lot of handgun business there
I was just looking for a shop with a large inventory of hunting rifle consignments.

Thank you all.
Old 05-01-2014, 4:53 PM

Default Rinkor Arms

My experience at Rinkor Arms has been quite good. Brian the shop manager is very knowledgeable and not pushy. Bought my Versamax Tactical there last year, and they were great help on a transfer of an HK USC that was sent from out of town. I like Markels too, but Rinkor's has more gun inventory. They are working on an expansion to the shop space, so you should see more inventory of accessories soon.

Cw
Old 05-01-2014, 5:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpyoldretiredcop View Post
New storefront (Schmidt and Titoni), same bad attitude towards customers. Try Markell's on Mark West Springs Rd.
Ya that place blows
Old 05-01-2014, 5:07 PM

I have never noticed a bad attitude at S&T. I have purchased several firearms from them and some reloading stuff as well. They have always been nice and helpful
Old 05-02-2014, 5:06 AM

Helms out of business-GOOD-bad attitude-now available at S & T!-I have done a few transfers at Rinkor and found them helpful and a very pleasant company to do business with. Markell is also a good shop. Rinkor is almost done with their expansion and will be even better.-check em out
Old 05-02-2014, 10:36 AM
CGSSA Wine Country Chapt.
CGN Contributor

+1 For Rinkor Arms in Santa Rosa. They support us here on Calguns, local programs and they support the Friends of the NRA - slightly different than the NRA where funds stay local to support community shooting programs.
+1 for Pacific Sportsman - Also a great guy who supports Sonoma County programs!

-- Thomas Jefferson
Old 05-07-2014, 2:01 PM
Veteran Member

My experiences at S&T were bad.

My experiences at Rinkor have all been good.

ROrr, do you dress like a thug or act in a way that usually draws that kind of attention?
Old 05-08-2014, 1:37 PM

Not really I was in town visiting my grandmas. Most the stores I frequent love me because I stop in for somthing small and leave a thousand bucks poorer.
Old 05-18-2014, 2:26 PM

Sportsman Arms in Petaluma has a lot of used rifles, shotguns, ect and Gabe the owner is a very pleasant person. I think it's Western Ave, small shop lots of stuff.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:00 PM
Veteran Member

Rinkor has 22 ammunition for $77 for one of those little milk container boxes of junk ammo.
Schmidt and Titoni always tell you to call them as they just sold the last of anything you are after.I prefer dealing with the heavy-set guy.
Petaluma gun- reloading is quite expensive on the boulevard.
Old 05-24-2014, 11:03 PM

I have done business with some of them. I am an old Markell customer from SF and still go there often- great shop and the only do 2 weird things, one is (or was) a $50 ppt fee, the other is they add the dros fee to the gun price and then tax that amount. S&T- sometimes a bad attitude but they have quite the inventory of lots of stuff- They were selling Colt AR's not long ago so I dont understand one of the earlier posts. You pay full MSRP there but they have a decent selection. I got new handguns there that other sources couldnt get. Rinkor, good selection, but wont let you touch a LE gun, and they have a sneaky (to me it is) policy of charging an extra $20 on new handguns as some sort of fee -its allowed by the state if its posted, and it is if you look, but I didnt and saw the fee on the receipt, was never told prior. I love Triple A's. Was there yesterday. Awesome gun store-great, I mean great selection at good prices and I have never had any attitude issues with any employee there.
Old 06-06-2014, 9:51 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by socoinfantry82d View Post
Sacred and terrified suck donkey balls the "owners" think they know every law for fire arms...LEO can have more than 10 rounds for their firearms...s&t say that is not true and ar 15 rifles are also illegal in CA...I have been there twice and that was enough for their bad advice and bs prices
S&T is a funtastic FUD factory that is for sure. Every time I go in there in there I hear something new and completely stupid. Last time it was 30 round magazines were completely illegal (even grandfathered ones) and "I don't even know why people think they need 30 round magazines."

But I did pick up a Ruger Mk.II at a good price a few years back and they sometimes have reloading supplies.

Sportman's Arms in Petaluma is waaaaaay better.
Never bought but Independence Arms in Petaluma is nice peeps.

Markell's is never open when I go by but I hear good things about them.
Can't say much about Rinkor. They just never have anything I need.

NWE or Pacific Outfittes in Ukiah.