Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 03-28-2014, 3:09 PM

Default Scope for a beowulf???

I was wondering what you guys thought about putting a scope on a 50 beowolf. I have the 24" Overwatch upper. The previous owner had a Super Sniper mounted on it but I think 20x is a little too excessive for this set up. WHat scope do you guys think would match with it? The rail system I have installed on it prevents me from having BUIS.
Old 03-28-2014, 3:17 PM
AKA: Joe Censored
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

What range are you expecting to shoot at? From my understanding the .50 Beowulf is fast out the gate but peters off quickly too, not for long range stuff. YMMV
Old 03-28-2014, 3:39 PM

I put a millet dms on my beo and it ran great. 1-4 magnification and held up fine under the recoil.

It is not about the GUN it is about the RIGHT

Gun control has its roots in RACISM and CLASSISM, if you support gun control you support those two evils

Old 03-28-2014, 3:51 PM

I've read a number of owners use the Nikon shotgunner scope which is designed for slugs
Old 03-31-2014, 3:04 PM

Thanks for the input I will look into those scopes you guys suggested. I am looking to reach out about 200-300 yards.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:26 AM
Calguns Addict

for 100 id be happy with irons or a red dot. Maybe, just maybe, a 1-4

for 200-300 id be happy with a 1-4 and maybe, just maybe a 2-7. Or a fixie therein. For what I personally would be using it for, I'd be looking at a bushnell shotgun scope for the low end, a redfield Oregon scope for the mid, and a Leupold VX2 for the high end. I also probably would not be looking at mid-fi for my gun. Just bushnell banner or vx2. That's if it were me. If it were "high end" that I go, I'd make sure the scope had a CDS dial, cause you are chucking pumpkins. And nothing wrong with that. I like pumpkins. I'd have no qualms saving cash by buying an older leupold 2-7x28 or 32 and sending it to Leupold to have a CDS put on.

Personal choice. I like irons best. But not to 300 yards.

oh, and super high end, (I hope everyone prepping a response realizes I'm using these terms in a relative sense) I'd pick a vortex viper pst 1-4 with the turret caps. That would help immensely pushing distance.

Last edited by Whiterabbit; 04-04-2014 at 11:29 AM..