Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 03-27-2014, 7:46 AM

Default Registering an AR pistol

I've read some of the posts on this topic so hopefully I can explain what I think I need to do and get a yes or no response and not take up a lot of member's time on something that has been discussed before.

I recently moved to So Cal from Washington State. While living in Wa St, I built an AR pistol using a new lower that I purchased. When I bought it, the LGS registered it as a pistol because I told them that is what I intended to build. The pistol now has a bullet button and I use 10 round mags. The lower is not stamped pistol.

Given how it was originally registered as a pistol, I believe that all I need to do is fill out and submit a new resident gun registration form to have it registered here in California and then I should be good to go.

Is this accurate or did I miss something and need to do other stuff to own it legally? Thanks in advance for your input.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:25 PM
I need a LIFE!!

If it was a pistol and in CA compliant form when you imported it to the state I'd just register it. You might want to get a letter from Washington showing that it was indeed registered to you as a pistol just incase CA DOJ questions you but chances are they will not.

And this should be in the 2nd Amendment forum.

The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)
Old 03-27-2014, 12:47 PM

Ok thanks. One day I will master the science of proper forum selection