Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 03-25-2014, 9:53 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedrek View Post
I'm not sure if you are joking or not but booby traps are illegal. Even on your own property. Even if some dumb *** breaks in and does something stupid.
Really?

Guess I better go disarm mine
-Edmund Burke
I'd much rather go to my grave never needing my gun, than go there wishing I had it.
- Phil Dalmolin

The Battle of Athens was illegal too.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:14 AM
Calguns Addict

I for one know I'm accountable for my actions/mistakes and must answer for them.

That said, LEO/SWAT & Judges should also be same.

This Double standard BLOWS chunks...
Old 03-25-2014, 10:24 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I'm not sure if you are joking or not but booby traps are illegal. Even on your own property. Even if some dumb *** breaks in and does something stupid.
is a hula hoop full of golfballs a booby trap?
Old 03-25-2014, 1:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohoki View Post
is a hula hoop full of golfballs a booby trap?
I'm thinking of embedding safety wire into the cracks of my front and back patios, plus all the walkways. Normally, the wire would be set down an eighth of an inch and hidden from view. Upon remote control trigger, the wires would spring up about a foot, creating a maze of trip wires. It's enough to slow them down and consider what else lies ahead . . .
Old 03-25-2014, 2:16 PM

As far as I'm aware there's no laws against a door a swat team would have a lot of difficulty going thru, such as a level 4 of one of these installed correctly:

http://www.cecodoor.com/en/site/ceco...t-Resistant-1/

Here's the door locking hardware to make it very difficult for anyone to go thru a door such as the one above:

http://www.securitech.com/

The place I live in now I built in 08' and isn't quite at that level but not far off. On my ground floor there's nothing but steel doors, all the upper floors glass is all laminated glass. One of those swat battering rams wouldn't take my front door down, they'd have to spend some time with some gas powered saws and some large crowbars.

Imho that is the answer to no-knock warrants.
Old 03-25-2014, 2:41 PM
Bacon Cheeseburger Lover
CGN Contributor

Hypothetically, if a mistake is made, and SWAT shows up at my home to serve a knock-less warrant, and I think it's someone breaking in to harm my family and fire upon them, what would happen? I'm sure I would be taken to jail if not worse, but I have no reason to believe that a warrant should be served, therefore I will not yield to someone raiding my house just from them saying they are the police.

Jerry
Old 03-25-2014, 3:18 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilly View Post
So this happens 40k times a year and there is only ONE case to cite?
Is it me or does belong in OT?
It's not you. It's another OT dawn of the dead thread. Y' know? "When Hell is full, the dead shall walk the earth"? (In this analogy Hell is OT...For obvious reasons)

Ever heard of the expression "ten pounds of crap in a five pound bag"? General discussion has lately become the place for the crap that missed the bag.
Old 03-25-2014, 4:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninety View Post
Really?

Guess I better go disarm mine
Hey, come on, you've been on Calguns long enough to know someone would try that.
Bersa Thunder, Browning Buckmark Camper, Charles Daly 1911, Charter Arms Buldog Pug, Chinese SKS, Colt Double Eagle MK II Series 90 10mm, Egyptian Hakim 8mm, Heckler & Koch P2000SK, Kimber Eclipse Ultra II, Mossberg 500A Cruiser, Mossberg New Haven 600AT, Romanian M69 Trainer, Rossi Ranch Hand .44 Mag, Savage Arms Model 73, Smith & Wesson 1006 10mm, Smith & Wesson Sigma .40, Springfield Armory XD-40, Walther P1, Wyoming Arms Parker 10mm, Yugoslavian K98
Old 03-25-2014, 8:23 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
who said they had to be lethal traps.

non-lethal but hinders movement can be used.
Proof we can all comment on whatever we want if it's at all related to the topic at hand!
Old 03-25-2014, 8:46 PM
I need a LIFE!!

i was thinking of some kind of cage like in lock stock and two smoking barrels or one of those security gates but it across the door on the inside at night

http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/...-Gate-8-10-x-7

then add some of that security foggers and strobes and maybe a loud stereo blasting crying babies

Last edited by bohoki; 03-25-2014 at 8:51 PM..
Old 03-25-2014, 9:39 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
who said they had to be lethal traps.

non-lethal but hinders movement can be used.
These non-lethal booby traps can hinder my movement for hours; I could just sit and stare at these all day. Stops me dead in my tracks....

What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?
Old 03-26-2014, 2:39 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Aherne View Post
Does anybody know anyone who has been the object of a no-knock warrant? I'm guessing not because I've never seen one in 21 years of police work. It is possible, because there were some executed 10 or so years ago in our county, but the circumstances were so unique, I doubt I will ever see one.
Happened once when i was about 14/15, dea/fbi came looking for a family member none of us had seen in 5+ years. They waited till a family member was getting in their car to go to work, pulled him out at gunpoint, raided the home. Held my mom my brother and myself in the living room at gun point and questions us for an hour on the whereabouts of someone we had no clue about.

The person they were looking for had never been to our home let alone stayed there, hell he didn't even know our address. remember that the next time you say warrants are only issued based on evidence. all it takes is a scumbag family member and who doesn't have one of those?
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.
Old 03-26-2014, 8:14 AM

I have a belly button!
Old 03-26-2014, 11:17 AM

A few years ago the various LEAs around here started to move toward a more military style dress code and there was a noticeable shift in attitude from officers in everyday casual conversations and encounters. They got less friendly, more "macho". It pisses me off big time, but I can't fully blame the individuals. The more badass you dress, the more badass you tend to act. It sucks that they seem to have forgotten who they are working for and protecting.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2014, 1:42 PM
Calguns Addict

http://reason.com/blog/2014/03/26/if...am-at-your-doo

stupid child killing tea farmers....
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.
Old 03-26-2014, 1:47 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gleam View Post
New? It's been going on now for at least the past 3 years. Really ramped up in 2013 and has started to die down recently, but may pick up in popularity in other states. CA passed a bill last year strengthening punitive damages for those caught doing it.

Regardless, this country needs to take a huge step back in militarizing its police forces, especially when in most all cases, a simple knock on the door and standard procedure at a normal hour (and not in the middle of the night) would not only suffice, but not be chaotic or result in a disastrous end.

We are going down the same path as a 1933 Germany, while voting for it, cultivating it, supporting it, and allowing it.
The same as Germany did in the 30s.. History is repeating itself.
Old 03-27-2014, 3:53 AM

Don't forget to line ur windows with newspaper and wear ur aluminum foil hats. "They" are coming for you............
Old 03-27-2014, 6:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfeeis View Post
Happened once when i was about 14/15, dea/fbi came looking for a family member none of us had seen in 5+ years. They waited till a family member was getting in their car to go to work, pulled him out at gunpoint, raided the home. Held my mom my brother and myself in the living room at gun point and questions us for an hour on the whereabouts of someone we had no clue about.

The person they were looking for had never been to our home let alone stayed there, hell he didn't even know our address. remember that the next time you say warrants are only issued based on evidence. all it takes is a scumbag family member and who doesn't have one of those?
Sorry, that's not a no-knock warrant. An arrest warrant is a different type. Ramy or Steagald. I'm still waiting for someone to show me any
one who has been the subject of a no-knock warrant. Here's a hint for the smart kids: ask me about no-knocks served in my county.
Old 03-27-2014, 8:20 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I'll put a warning A Leper Lives Here".
Old 03-27-2014, 1:49 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
These non-lethal booby traps can hinder my movement for hours; I could just sit and stare at these all day. Stops me dead in my tracks....

I concur.
Old 03-27-2014, 2:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

If I were a ghost I'd follow her around 24/7
Old 03-27-2014, 9:50 PM

do any companies manufacture steel (front) door frames w/steel doors?
Old 03-27-2014, 10:21 PM
Veteran Member

Default Gunowners Beware: No-knock SWAT Attacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnbeer View Post
do any companies manufacture steel (front) door frames w/steel doors?

Noob...

Nothing can stop 'em.

They'll just use JLH's boobs.