Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 03-07-2014, 6:33 AM

Default M&P 10 questions

I am thinking about purchasing a M&P 10. I am new to 308 ar platform rifles. This will be a range plinker. I will be using a 3.5 power acog on it. I have questions. Does any one have one ? If so, are you happy with it ? How is the accuracy? Is it reliable ? Are they ammo picky ?
I see they only come with one mag. I do not see mags on the S&W website. Is there a source for extras ? Thanks
Old 03-07-2014, 7:25 AM
short bus driver

The S&W M&P-10 uses the KAC/DPMS/Magpul pattern magazines.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Old 03-07-2014, 7:30 AM

Location: I live in the east bay of the republic of kalifornikazicommie-nia nation

http://www.slickguns.com/product/smi...-free-shipping

Pretty good deal on one- 5 days old. I almost got one but I like building my rifles to my own specs. On the other hand, S&W have good customer service, lifetime warranty, and are a reputable brand.

You're better of with a $400 .308 unless you plan on taking out taliban from 2000 yards away haha
Old 03-07-2014, 8:47 AM

I like mine. If you get one, here's some pointers to save you from grief.
1) Get some magpul magazines instead of the included ASC mag. Don't try to diagnose any feeding issues with the factory mag, just put it aside & use magpul.

2) buy a mag lock kit (bullet button) and replace the spring. An Ar15 mag lock kit will work fine. The factory spring on the CA version is too weak such that recoil will pop the mag out.

3) it needs to be broken in. It has some tight tolerances, which is a good thing, but that means some parts have to wear in to work reliably. You can speed up the process by pulling the charging handle back a few hundred times. It's good arm exercise, and cheaper than shooting ammo. Or use cheap steel ammo because it shoots that pretty well.

After those 3 things and 150 rounds down range, magically all problems went away and I could even use the ASC mags. That slick guns listing is a great price.
Old 03-07-2014, 3:44 PM

Also checkout the new Ruger SR762.... I finally got to fondle one yesterday. Very, very nice.