Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:37 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default Model 1 Sales GTG?

Been surfing around and these guys keep popping up.
Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks, Paul
Old 03-04-2014, 11:57 PM
AntisocialJusticeWarrior
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Where we send crazy old people to a home, not The White House.

Check their recent reviews. Things were a little rough back in the day.

It’s actually kind of beautiful that in America a large group of people known for owning guns are only feared because they vote.

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”
― Harlan Ellison
Old 03-05-2014, 12:40 AM

Good,stuff just hard to get them to ship. Rra ships faster
Old 03-05-2014, 5:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauliedad View Post
Been surfing around and these guys keep popping up.
Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks, Paul

Paul,

I have three AR uppers from Model 1 Sales and can honestly tell you they have been ultra reliiable from the day I pined it to the lower. In the past others have had/said they were not the brand to get but I just can't agree.
You buy the upper by itself or with a nice hard chrome bolt and "T" handle and your gtg! I admit though I've always bought uppers from them at the big shows so I get my goodies in person.

Mail Clerk
Old 03-05-2014, 6:43 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thanks for the feedback, they seem to have some good deals. Will continue to poke around and give them a call.
Old 03-05-2014, 7:04 AM
Banned

Yeah. They're good to go. Just hard to get anything in stock. I had to wait 9 months for my upper. So I got something else. But they called me back when they had it ready to ship.
Old 03-05-2014, 7:16 AM
Veteran Member

Spend a little bit more money and get BCM. Industry leader in terms of quality, great CS and fast shipping. Plus you'll look like a tier 1 operator at the range if your upper says BCM on it.
Old 03-05-2014, 6:27 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

No matter what Im holding there is no way I'm gonna be seen as a tier anything operator. I giggle too much after shooting rifles.

I was looking at their ar pistol uppers and they seemed ok on price.
Old 03-05-2014, 7:26 PM

I have a Model 1 Sales 6.5 upper(6.5 sporter) and it is a tack driver . Got when they were in stock and delivery was about a week .I also have a 223 upper from M&A and it is also a great upper .
Old 03-05-2014, 8:10 PM

I have no personal experience with them but a buddy of mine has purchased multiple uppers from them and they have all been gtg.
Old 03-05-2014, 9:23 PM
Calguns Addict

Maybe they cleaned up their act, there used to be a lot of horror stories here and Arf.com.
Old 03-05-2014, 9:27 PM
Veteran Member

i have an ice arms upper and it's GTG... somewhat inexpensive but from what I understand... green mtn bbl and it has a seekins keymod handguard.. NiB BCG.
Old 03-06-2014, 6:51 AM

Regardless of the brand name I was told that manufacturing wise there'a only a few companies that have the capicity to make parts on a massice scale AND ingraving other companies anmes on those parts.

Example..... I have a CMMG upper along with a LMT lower that's been giving me a major headache to the max. It's short cycleing, jaming etc. you name it!
It's a brand name right?.......BUT my Model 1 Sales upper works fine and in the past allot of people have said to avoid them cuz of low quality. When you hear someone fooling around with your chicken coop which one would you take with you?

Mail Clerk
Old 03-06-2014, 9:45 AM
Veteran Member

But you won't get BCM decals, BCM hat, BCM range bag, BCM shirt, or BCM bumper stickers if you buy from Model 1! Have you considered that??? Does Model 1 even have any of that kind of swag? They should....That's SOP for all the Tier One vendors. How else are the guys at the other end of the firing line going to know what you own?
Old 03-06-2014, 9:59 AM

They handle orders in order of received. It took 5 months from order to the email that they were charging my credit card and shipping my upper. It arrived 2 weeks later.

Looks and works flawlessly. 200 rounds of 300AAC and not an issue.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klewan View Post
But you won't get BCM decals, BCM hat, BCM range bag, BCM shirt, or BCM bumper stickers if you buy from Model 1! Have you considered that??? Does Model 1 even have any of that kind of swag? They should....That's SOP for all the Tier One vendors. How else are the guys at the other end of the firing line going to know what you own?
klewan,

Decals,Shirts and Hats I can get anywhere......All I want is a good working AR. As for letting people know what I shoot I could care less myself not to be nasty about it.

Mail Clerk
Old 03-06-2014, 10:16 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mail Clerk View Post
klewan,

Decals,Shirts and Hats I can get anywhere......All I want is a good working AR. As for letting people know what I shoot I could care less myself not to be nasty about it.

Mail Clerk
Given this is Calguns, that's a very refreshing response.

Made my day.

I never once felt out of place or that people were intolerant...but then again, I didn't ask any dumbass questions ...saxman

“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
Mark Twain
Old 03-06-2014, 12:46 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
klewan,

Mail Clerk
But you can't get BCM swag anywhere; you got to spend money there.

You must be like "Sheldon Cooper"; he doesn't get sarcasm either.
Old 03-06-2014, 7:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klewan View Post
But you can't get BCM swag anywhere; you got to spend money there.

You must be like "Sheldon Cooper"; he doesn't get sarcasm either.
klewan,

I won't get the BCM swag anytime cuz I think BCM's are much over priced and I cosider them to be boutique rifles designed for people with deep pockets! I myself have to work for a living and am always looking for rifles that offer value for my buck. Besides that maybe I'd purchase a BCM rifle if I was heading to war. I'm just a weekend shooter when I can get the money just to afford the high priced ammo people pour out to get.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to step on anyone's swag.....if you have the money then go for it cuz after all it's your money and not mine. I want to relax at the range and shoot to enjoy the sport representing myself so I don't have to wear special hats/caps nor special shirts. Good value means just that....good value. That's part of my hobby.

Mail Clerk
Old 03-06-2014, 8:16 PM

By a quality rig for the best price possible and train how to use it. In the unlikely hood of a SHTF situation happens there will be plenty of boutique rifles laying around from those who choose to spend all their money on hardware instead of learning how to use it or didn't try to be smart and avoid confrontations.

Last edited by Munny$hot; 03-06-2014 at 8:18 PM..
Old 03-06-2014, 10:24 PM

I bought pistol buffer assembly from them and it was ship next day. Quality-wise assembly is pretty good.
One thing to notice, watch up your credit card after purchasing. There are tons of stories on the web. I wasn't exception. My cloned card number pop up in Vegas while I was on the phone with fraud protection department from my CC card. Buy what you need and ones they charge it, cancel CC or get Visa gift Card
Old 03-06-2014, 10:59 PM
Veteran Member

I wouldn't touch M1S with a ten foot pole. There are MUCH better alternatives available. Given a) their track record and b) the posts in this thread about having to waits months to order? With the plethora or quality AR manufactures out there, buying a gun of that level is analogous to being a mortal sin.

Give me BCM any day of the week.
Old 03-07-2014, 4:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmaris View Post
I bought pistol buffer assembly from them and it was ship next day. Quality-wise assembly is pretty good.
One thing to notice, watch up your credit card after purchasing. There are tons of stories on the web. I wasn't exception. My cloned card number pop up in Vegas while I was on the phone with fraud protection department from my CC card. Buy what you need and ones they charge it, cancel CC or get Visa gift Card
Palmaris,

That was one of the issues plagueing M1S long ago as well. I'm sure M1S wasn't doing themselves but I had thought there was a rat inside the company doing this. Since then I haven't heard anything bad gooing on so perhaps all the issues have been straightened out! Still despite that bad stuff happening that appears to be in the past. The main question was there quality of AR's. I still say they're gtg.

Mail Clerk
Old 03-07-2014, 6:27 AM

Quote:
Palmaris,

That was one of the issues plagueing M1S long ago as well. I'm sure M1S wasn't doing themselves but I had thought there was a rat inside the company doing this. Since then I haven't heard anything bad gooing on so perhaps all the issues have been straightened out! Still despite that bad stuff happening that appears to be in the past. The main question was there quality of AR's. I still say they're gtg.

Mail Clerk
I am pretty sure M1S didn't do it as company. My CC company did investigation on them and without details told me they are good Merchant. You probably right, there was/is rat, I don't know if this still issue or not, but I will not hesitate to buy from them again, will just call after to CC put in alert. BTW it happened to me last year around May.
Old 03-07-2014, 6:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmaris View Post
I am pretty sure M1S didn't do it as company. My CC company did investigation on them and without details told me they are good Merchant. You probably right, there was/is rat, I don't know if this still issue or not, but I will not hesitate to buy from them again, will just call after to CC put in alert. BTW it happened to me last year around May.
Palmaris,

If it happened to you last year then all the monkey business is still going on!!! When it comes down to this I have nothing to say cuz I only buy from them in person at the big show in AZ when I take my once per year vaca. Sorry to hear that. They're being hacked in by some CC bad dude.Still I'm glad they're considered to be a good merchant to buy from.

Mail Clerk
Old 03-07-2014, 9:26 AM

I bought stocks, handguards and lower parts from model1 sales and they were all in spec (fit fine). I will say I saw some complaints on the web-r-nets saying their website security is poor and a lot of folks got credit card number stolen after purchase there. I figured they had it sorted out as these complaints were ~3 years old at the time. A week after my purchase fraudulent charges started being made on my credit card. It sucked, but at least I had good fraud protection and didnt get billed.