Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 02-27-2014, 4:18 AM
Calguns Addict

Default RCBS Partner priming arm?

So I mentioned here that I got a RCBS Partner from an old friend, but it didn't come with a priming arm (it was used, and he bought it at a garage sale).

I assumed the "RCBS Single Stage Press Universal Primer Arm 2" should work, as it says "Universal", but a reply from RCBS states "It is not compatible with the Partner Press. It will work on the RC I and II and the JR and Junior presses. Thanks for choosing RCBS" but neglected to state which one to get...

RCBS's site is pretty bad with missing pictures, extreme-minimalist descriptions, and compatibility-list omission.

Can someone shed some light on what to get for the RCBS Partner, as this is my 1st single-stage and I would like to use it?

Last edited by the86d; 02-27-2014 at 5:29 AM.. Reason: Proof-read. :)
Old 02-27-2014, 5:53 AM
Calguns Addict

Per: http://www.rcbs.com/downloads/instru...structions.pdf
It looks like RCBS part number 87418 for the entire assembly (87412 for the arm itself) , which returns ZERO results on RCBS's site...

Maybe I'll just order a new Partner... for ~$100 next month, but I really wanted to just use this one I already have, as I am not buying a hand-primer.

I think I found the part in some other country, but I can't really read "Yo-gur-Smor-gan": http://www.waffen-baumann.de/product...ner-press.html

Last edited by the86d; 02-27-2014 at 6:00 AM..
Old 02-27-2014, 6:08 AM

Call or email them.
Old 02-27-2014, 6:19 AM

I have two Partner presses and a Rock Chucker. I use a hand primer and so if you need a new priming arm for your Partner press, PM me and I will send you one.
Old 02-27-2014, 8:49 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCD41911 View Post
I have two Partner presses and a Rock Chucker. I use a hand primer and so if you need a new priming arm for your Partner press, PM me and I will send you one.
Thank, but I would rather just buy one. The resell value of a press is dependent on being complete, I assume.

I am really just looking for a purchase-source, if anyone knows one.

I currently have another e-mail into them, but it was a reply to their reply, so I don't know if they check those...
Old 02-27-2014, 8:57 AM
Calguns Addict

I just checked my e-mail again, and "Just ordered that for you no charge" and my address is on the original e-mail, so I guess they are shipping one.

I think they just made a formerly-non-customer, a customer for life!

WOW! I really just wanted to buy the ~$15(?) part myself, since there was no MFR error at all.
Old 02-27-2014, 9:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the86d View Post
I just checked my e-mail again, and "Just ordered that for you no charge" and my address is on the original e-mail, so I guess they are shipping one.

I think they just made a formerly-non-customer, a customer for life!

WOW! I really just wanted to buy the ~$15(?) part myself, since there was no MFR error at all.
Glad it worked out. RCBS has great CS. Your experience is why I choose them for equipment. They have always come through for me.
Old 03-08-2014, 5:32 AM
Calguns Addict

This priming arm assembly arrived yesterday, and in the same sealed package... came with 2 replacement Tinnerman retaining rings in case I desire to dismantle it for a thorough cleaning.

A+ RCBS, A+!
Old 03-08-2014, 6:29 AM
Veteran Member

Yup.......they sent me a free priming tool too, even though I bought my press used. Good people.