Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 03-14-2014, 6:21 PM
fast318's Avatar
fast318 fast318 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 764
iTrader: 51 / 100%
Default

Hey Demitri,

Any eta on the new 1-6X? I'm waiting for my JP upper to come in, I have my lower complete and ready to go as all as a Warne Ramp mount to put your scope in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-15-2014, 11:07 AM
PrimaryArms's Avatar
PrimaryArms PrimaryArms is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,598
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast318 View Post
Hey Demitri,

Any eta on the new 1-6X? I'm waiting for my JP upper to come in, I have my lower complete and ready to go as all as a Warne Ramp mount to put your scope in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
This month or early next

Dimitri
__________________
www.primaryarms.com
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-15-2014, 2:55 PM
fast318's Avatar
fast318 fast318 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 764
iTrader: 51 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimaryArms View Post
This month or early next

Dimitri
Sounds good, I'm very excited!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-15-2014, 3:14 PM
calgunnerpix calgunnerpix is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 45
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Vortex Razor Gen II 1-6X is the best value. Get in MOA, MILS or BDC.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-15-2014, 6:34 PM
fast318's Avatar
fast318 fast318 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 764
iTrader: 51 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgunnerpix View Post
Vortex Razor Gen II 1-6X is the best value. Get in MOA, MILS or BDC.
Best value is subjective. Yes I spent a lot of money on a JP upper but there will not likely be much technological advancement in individual upper components in the next few years. I'm sure Vortex will have new models that will surpass the performance of their current line within the next few years. With all that said, I'm sure I'll be very happy spending $1K less on a PA scope.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 03-16-2014, 12:00 AM
PrimaryArms's Avatar
PrimaryArms PrimaryArms is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,598
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default 1-6X scope options

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast318 View Post
Best value is subjective. Yes I spent a lot of money on a JP upper but there will not likely be much technological advancement in individual upper components in the next few years. I'm sure Vortex will have new models that will surpass the performance of their current line within the next few years. With all that said, I'm sure I'll be very happy spending $1K less on a PA scope.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
The bottom line is with the ACSS reticle you can range n engage. With a mil or moa system you need a spotter, a laser range finder, a data book, 2 calculator and lots of luck. The ACSS is based on the mil system but all the math is pre done.
Check out the ACSS demo video I am hitting 700 yards over and over with a 16" AR and M193!!

http://youtu.be/nxwaiDeXP8c

Dimitri
__________________
www.primaryarms.com

Last edited by PrimaryArms; 03-16-2014 at 12:03 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-19-2014, 5:40 AM
89LT1's Avatar
89LT1 89LT1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 328
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

hey Dimitri saw in your other thread that the 1-6 7.62X39 scopes are in. what about the 1-6X ACSS for 5.56? did they come in as well?
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-19-2014, 5:57 AM
PrimaryArms's Avatar
PrimaryArms PrimaryArms is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,598
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89LT1 View Post
hey Dimitri saw in your other thread that the 1-6 7.62X39 scopes are in. what about the 1-6X ACSS for 5.56? did they come in as well?
No but they should be here this month

Dimitri
__________________
www.primaryarms.com
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 03-22-2014, 12:00 AM
Lopezbangbang Lopezbangbang is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 22
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Hi Dimitri, two questions:

1.) This 2nd generation 1~6 that will arrive shortly, it will have improved glass on par with Optisan quality? And it will still remain at the same price as the 1st gen?


2.) I see that you guys have included several AD mounts that go with the 1~6. Which one should I use if I want a standard 1.5 inch sight height above the bore line? Is 1.5 inch above bore the sight line height you designed the ACSS bdc to work at?

Thanks for your explanation.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 03-22-2014, 6:02 AM
PrimaryArms's Avatar
PrimaryArms PrimaryArms is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,598
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default 1-6X scope options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopezbangbang View Post
Hi Dimitri, two questions:

1.) This 2nd generation 1~6 that will arrive shortly, it will have improved glass on par with Optisan quality? And it will still remain at the same price as the 1st gen?


2.) I see that you guys have included several AD mounts that go with the 1~6. Which one should I use if I want a standard 1.5 inch sight height above the bore line? Is 1.5 inch above bore the sight line height you designed the ACSS bdc to work at?

Thanks for your explanation.
It will better than Optisan quality the scope is on our website and you need to sign up for notification Asap. What rifle is this for and how are you at 1.5? From where to where are you measuring?





Dimitri Mikroulis

"Math is the greatest weapon of them all!"
__________________
www.primaryarms.com

Last edited by PrimaryArms; 04-17-2014 at 3:10 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 03-22-2014, 7:03 PM
Lopezbangbang Lopezbangbang is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 22
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimaryArms View Post
It will better than Optisan quality the scope is on our website and you need to sign up for notification Asap. What rifle is this for and how are you at 1.5? From where to where are you measuring?

Dimitri



Dimitri Mikroulis

"Math is the greatest weapon of them all!"
Dimitri,

I'm hoping to mount it on an AR15. It is my understanding that 1.5 inch above the rail is the "standard" for most red dot/low power scopes?? Is this the height I should mount the 1~6 ACSS at also for the BDC to work as you had intended?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-23-2014, 5:51 AM
PrimaryArms's Avatar
PrimaryArms PrimaryArms is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,598
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default 1-6X scope options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopezbangbang View Post
Dimitri,

I'm hoping to mount it on an AR15. It is my understanding that 1.5 inch above the rail is the "standard" for most red dot/low power scopes?? Is this the height I should mount the 1~6 ACSS at also for the BDC to work as you had intended?

Thanks
Counting from the bore to center of optic you need to be 2.5-3".


Dimitri Mikroulis

"Math is the greatest weapon of them all!"
__________________
www.primaryarms.com
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 03-23-2014, 1:23 PM
Lopezbangbang Lopezbangbang is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 22
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimaryArms View Post
Counting from the bore to center of optic you need to be 2.5-3".


Dimitri Mikroulis

"Math is the greatest weapon of them all!"
Is that the height for both the 1~6 ACSS and the 4~14 FFP ACSS on the other thread as well? 2.5-3" for both of them?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 03-23-2014, 3:35 PM
Tacobandit Tacobandit is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 916
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Hmm i was hoping to mount the acss scope with some low profile rings. How would that affect the scope?
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 03-23-2014, 5:23 PM
tonyxcom's Avatar
tonyxcom tonyxcom is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 4,265
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

That would only matter under 100y. You wouldn't want to use low profile rings in the AR platform though.
__________________
I have MGW Glock and M&P sight tools in Vallejo.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 03-23-2014, 5:57 PM
Tacobandit Tacobandit is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 916
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyxcom View Post
That would only matter under 100y. You wouldn't want to use low profile rings in the AR platform though.
Why not im looking to set up my optic similar to this
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 03-23-2014, 6:18 PM
tonyxcom's Avatar
tonyxcom tonyxcom is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 4,265
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

Well that changes things because there is a riser on that rifle. But without the riser you don't want to use those rings because of the height the stock on an AR puts your cheek.
__________________
I have MGW Glock and M&P sight tools in Vallejo.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 03-23-2014, 6:59 PM
19K 19K is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,016
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimaryArms View Post
Yeah its worth the wait this thing is bad!!



Dimitri
What mount is that? And which one do I need for the 1-6 bdc scope? It's the one you sell. I bought it with the stock mount and then figured out I would like the new one more.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 03-23-2014, 11:26 PM
PrimaryArms's Avatar
PrimaryArms PrimaryArms is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,598
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default 1-6X scope options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopezbangbang View Post
Is that the height for both the 1~6 ACSS and the 4~14 FFP ACSS on the other thread as well? 2.5-3" for both of them?

Thanks
Both
But your overthinking the sight height. Get rounds down range and figure out your technique and above all wind.
__________________
www.primaryarms.com

Last edited by PrimaryArms; 03-23-2014 at 11:28 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 03-23-2014, 11:31 PM
PrimaryArms's Avatar
PrimaryArms PrimaryArms is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,598
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19K View Post
What mount is that? And which one do I need for the 1-6 bdc scope? It's the one you sell. I bought it with the stock mount and then figured out I would like the new one more.
Thats a Bobro but any mount will do as long as your high enough to clear irons. The deluxe and extended would do fine.



Dimitri
__________________
www.primaryarms.com
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 03-23-2014, 11:34 PM
PrimaryArms's Avatar
PrimaryArms PrimaryArms is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,598
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default 1-6X scope options

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyxcom View Post
That would only matter under 100y. You wouldn't want to use low profile rings in the AR platform though.
Do u have a riser?
__________________
www.primaryarms.com

Last edited by PrimaryArms; 03-24-2014 at 5:56 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 03-23-2014, 11:37 PM
PrimaryArms's Avatar
PrimaryArms PrimaryArms is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,598
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default 1-6X scope options

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyxcom View Post
Well that changes things because there is a riser on that rifle. But without the riser you don't want to use those rings because of the height the stock on an AR puts your cheek.
For you it looks like low rings would work there is a riser


Dimitri
__________________
www.primaryarms.com

Last edited by PrimaryArms; 03-24-2014 at 5:58 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 03-24-2014, 8:30 AM
19K 19K is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,016
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Is the original acss 1-6 a 30mm tube? I may get the deluxe extended. I shot nose to charging handle.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 03-24-2014, 4:30 PM
PrimaryArms's Avatar
PrimaryArms PrimaryArms is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,598
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19K View Post
Is the original acss 1-6 a 30mm tube? I may get the deluxe extended. I shot nose to charging handle.
Yes the first gen was a 30mm

Dimitri
__________________
www.primaryarms.com
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 03-24-2014, 10:36 PM
FMJBT's Avatar
FMJBT FMJBT is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los Alamos, NM
Posts: 4,590
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default BSA 1-6X24 Multi Gun Scope

Just picked up one of these a few days ago from Midway:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/994...-reticle-matte



Havent had a chance to mount it or shot with it yet, but my initial impressions of this scope are pretty good. Glass quality and eye relief are excellent. Good edge to edge clarity with no "fisheye" effect at lower magnification that is common on a lot of lower end 1-6X scopes. I'll try to get some pics and a more in depth review posted in the next few days. Should have some range time with it in a few weeks.
__________________
U.S. Navy (Retired) 1994-2015
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 03-24-2014, 11:35 PM
Gene1986 Gene1986 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hollywood/Sherman Oaks
Posts: 797
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Hello dmitry,
I have a little problem. I ordered something from your website for the first time and I have been waiting for a charge on my CC. But I havent received one and I just saw this in my spam. Does that mean I didnt order it? Because on your website it doesn't have it anymore??Attachment 313321

Last edited by Gene1986; 04-07-2014 at 1:43 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 03-25-2014, 11:43 AM
vincewarde vincewarde is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,905
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhappycamper View Post
If there is one thing I have come to hate about this sport it is shoddy optics and you do get what you pay for in most cases. Granted there are exceptions to that, but there are a lot more cheaper optics on the market that just fail or suffer from eye box issues etc than there are high end optics that have the same issues.
As someone whose aging eyes making aiming with irons more difficult it is for most younger folks, I have to search for those exceptions to the rules. If you take your time, you can find scopes that are inexpensive but are at least reliable and have at least half way decent clarity. I have used the following method to buy 10+ scopes and I have yet to have one fail. I have never paid more than $100.00.

1) Google (or a more gun friendly search engine) is your friend. Search for reviews everywhere you can find them. MidwayUSA is a great place for reviews - even if you can find it cheaper elsewhere. Pay close attention to reviews from people who have owned the optic in question for a while. Also try to find a review or two from folks who have mounted it on high recoil rifles. If it can stand up to higher recoil than you are going to subject it to, that;s a good thing. Of course, what reviewers say about clairity, ect is critically important too.

2) Make sure it has a warranty and that the vendor has a good return policy. If you plan on using the optic for hunting or self defense TEST IT before you mount it on a rifle. It's a good idea to do this, no matter how much you paid for it. Stick it in the freezer for 24 hours - take it out an immerse in cold water. If water leaks in, or it fogs, send it back. I have yet to have to send one back.

I've had really good luck with this method. I have a lot of BSA scopes - but brand names mean very little in the low price range. Many different plants make these scopes and one can do very good work while another does very poor work - and they both can be sold under the same name. That said, I have a ton of the BSA 2x Pistol Scopes (used in the scout position) and I've never had one fail.

Are these scopes as sharp as a $500-1000.00 scope? Of course not? But the sure do help my old eyes
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 03-26-2014, 12:20 AM
PrimaryArms's Avatar
PrimaryArms PrimaryArms is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,598
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene1986 View Post
Hello dmitry,
I have a little problem. I ordered something from your website for the first time and I have been waiting for a charge on my CC. But I havent received one and I just saw this in my spam. Does that mean I didnt order it? Because on your website it doesn't have it anymore??Attachment 313321
Gene please contact info@primaryarms.com
They will be able to help you further.

Dimitri
__________________
www.primaryarms.com
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 03-26-2014, 7:38 PM
fit1977 fit1977 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 496
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Dimitri,



I signed up for the notification email but wondering if you guus had an eta? Been waiting since December.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 03-26-2014, 8:39 PM
Gene1986 Gene1986 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hollywood/Sherman Oaks
Posts: 797
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Hey thanks for the great customer service man. Will be dealing with you guys a lot more.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 03-27-2014, 11:06 AM
PrimaryArms's Avatar
PrimaryArms PrimaryArms is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,598
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit1977 View Post
Dimitri,



I signed up for the notification email but wondering if you guus had an eta? Been waiting since December.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
The 7.62x39 version came so it will not be long.

Dimitri
__________________
www.primaryarms.com
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 03-27-2014, 11:06 AM
PrimaryArms's Avatar
PrimaryArms PrimaryArms is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,598
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default 1-6X scope options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene1986 View Post
Hey thanks for the great customer service man. Will be dealing with you guys a lot more.
Thanks Gene!


Dimitri
__________________
www.primaryarms.com
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 03-27-2014, 11:12 AM
fit1977 fit1977 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 496
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimaryArms View Post
The 7.62x39 version came so it will not be long.

Dimitri
Thanks Dimitri.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 03-27-2014, 1:49 PM
Gene1986 Gene1986 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hollywood/Sherman Oaks
Posts: 797
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Dimitry one last question. I want to get this scope when it comes out. Which mount do I choose that you have in the video. Do you sell it on your website?
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 03-27-2014, 8:32 PM
PrimaryArms's Avatar
PrimaryArms PrimaryArms is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,598
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene1986 View Post
Dimitry one last question. I want to get this scope when it comes out. Which mount do I choose that you have in the video. Do you sell it on your website?
Yeah its a Bobro they are nice!!!!

Dimitri
__________________
www.primaryarms.com
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 04-03-2014, 12:40 PM
89LT1's Avatar
89LT1 89LT1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 328
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

looks like the ETA got pushed out again: late April/early May...
https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary-...p/paps1-6x.htm

this wait is killing me. at least i am getting some more practice with my irons.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 04-03-2014, 7:13 PM
Cyberion Cyberion is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 238
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Yes! All the pieces are coming in and bingo...my PT 1-6X comes today! It's a true 1x. I'm excited.



Tube Diameter: 30mm
Magnification: 1-6X
Exit Pupil: Yes
Eye Relief: Yes
Magnification:
300 feet @ 100 yards at 1X
100 yds @ 100 yards at 6X
Reticle: Yes
Length: 11 inches
Net Weight: 1 oz.
Front and rear flip caps: extra
Fog resistant: Yes
Waterproof: Not
Focal Plane: NFP*
Lifetime Warranty--pay only for shipping

NFP=No Focal Plane

Suggested Retail: .15 cents
Shipping: $19.99

This Scope is PETA Approved.





What else are we going to do while waiting so long?
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 04-03-2014, 7:39 PM
89LT1's Avatar
89LT1 89LT1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 328
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Ha ha ha you made my day.

So how does it shoot? We want range results. If your not shooting nickel sized groups at 10,000 yards it isn't worth any money... Save your pennies and buy the super sniper cardboard scope for $5000000
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 04-03-2014, 7:49 PM
Cyberion Cyberion is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 238
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
So how does it shoot?
Haven't had a chance to zero it yet. But I recommend engaging targets within 10 yards. And avoid wind, the reticle might blow off.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 04-03-2014, 8:12 PM
fast318's Avatar
fast318 fast318 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 764
iTrader: 51 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89LT1 View Post
looks like the ETA got pushed out again: late April/early May...
https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary-...p/paps1-6x.htm

this wait is killing me. at least i am getting some more practice with my irons.
The wait is killing me too! I'm not sure what's worse, the 8-18 week wait for my JP upper or the wait for this scope.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:30 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.