Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > The Appleseed Project
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Appleseed Project The Revolutionary War Veterans Association

Old 02-23-2014, 10:36 AM

Location: Fernley, Nevada and online at www.handmadebydroids.com
Default Chabot Gun Club at risk (home of Appleseed Castro Valley shoots)

I realize there have bee some discussions of this elsewhere, but since the club is the bay area home of Project Appleseed I wanted to post it here as well.

The Chabot Gun Club’s lease is coming up for renewal, and some anti-gun haters are taking the opportunity to try to get the club shut down or at the least to drastically reduce its operating hours and noise levels.

This would be a terrible loss to the bay area shooting community.

Jason Siegel has started a petition to keep the club open over at MoveOn.org. I would strongly encourage you to take a minute to sign the petition:

http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/chabot-gun-club-safe

You could also send an email supporting the renewel of the clubs lease to East Bay Parks via their website:

http://www.ebparks.org/contact

The Chabot Gun Club is a nestled in the hills above Castro Valley, less than an hour away from the Silicon Valley. They have immaculately kept facilities and they play host to wide range of bay area shooters and shooting activities including the Boy Scouts, Project Appleseed, a variety of east bay law enforcement, IPSC, cowboy action shooting, tactical matches, 3-gun, black powder, and more. The club also hosts and sponsors many great training opportunities for local shooters at a variety of levels.

The friendly, professional staff do a great job of keeping the range safe, and over the years the Chabot Gun Club has provided many bay area residents with their first taste of the shooting sports.

Without Chabot, many folks might not get taken to the range the first time. They might not get introduced to the warm and welcoming community of shooters. Without those positive experiences, they might rely on the media and elected officials to inform them about guns and their owners.

They might cast their votes out of fear to protect them from racist, homophobic gun owners toting “fully semi-automatic” “ghost guns” with “thirty magazine clips” and “shoulder things that [go] up” designed to “spray fire from the hip” killing as many babies as quickly as possible.

The loss (or even reduced availability) of a range like Chabot would be much more than an inconvenience for local shooters – it would likely have a profound impact on the shooting community.

So ... I urge you to take a minute to sign the petition. Send an email. Find someone who’s never been shooting and take them to a range ... introduce them to some of your friends who shoot. Give them a positive experience. Your civil rights may depend on their votes.

CalGuns T-shirt specials

PM me for a competitive quote on small runs of custom tees for your group or event.

Follow TEE Liberty on Facebook to see our latest designs and advertised specials
Old 02-23-2014, 4:15 PM

I was unaware this was happening. I learned to shoot there. Great place and the closest multipurpose outdoor range to San Francisco. Let's have a show of strength and keep it open! Thanks for posting this TeeLiberty.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:43 AM

The 'pro' range petition is now ahead of the 'anti'!

I did an e-mail blast to all Appleseed shooters who attended at Chabot since the start of 2012, but that'll miss some folks so: Pass it on!!!!
Old 03-03-2014, 7:35 PM

Excellently written article of the importance of keeping Chabot Gun Club open without any restrictions. It is a safe and important place for all types of shooters to be able to participate in the shooting sports as well as obtaining valuable skills, instruction, and experience in all of the different shooting sports.
Please forward this on to all your friends so we can help insure that the East Bay Regional Parks understands that the community supports the renewal of Chabot Gun Club's lease renewal without restrictions.
Old 03-05-2014, 2:36 PM

Already signed the petition, also shared it on social media.