Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 02-21-2014, 9:28 AM

Default Federal HST 9mm question

Does anyone know what the difference is between Federal P9HST1 and P9HST1S? I've searched the web extensively and can't find the answer. The Federal website only lists the P9HST1S, but several vendors are selling P9HST1 and it's significantly less expensive. The P9HST1S comes in 20 rd boxes and the P9HST1 comes in 50 rd boxes. The specs look the same. Is it just packaging?

HK P2000 V2
HK45c V7
S&W M&P15T
Old 02-21-2014, 8:59 PM
Banned

It looks like they changed packaging from 50rd cardboard boxes to 20 rd clear plastic boxes.

A lot of the commercial defensive loads are coming in 20 or 25 rd boxes so maybe Federal is matching them, and making more cash doing it.

I'd personally stick to the P9HST1 in 50 rd boxes. I imagine you'd have to pull a round from each package for comparison, but for sure P9HST1 has been tested extensively and there is a lot of information out there on it. Truly awesome performance and you're getting your moneys worth with that round.
Old 02-24-2014, 6:59 PM

Same exact round. The P9HST1S is the one they sell to the consumers and the P9HST1 is the one sold via their LE channel and can be found here: http://le.atk.com/ammunition/federal...n/default.aspx

You'll also notice that on the consumer website, only the 124 grain is made available to us consumers. On the LE website, all the HST flavors are listed. We're lucky that we can buy the other flavors from some distributors.

Last edited by SayHelloToMyLittleFriend; 02-24-2014 at 7:07 PM..
Old 02-25-2014, 6:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayHelloToMyLittleFriend View Post
Same exact round. The P9HST1S is the one they sell to the consumers and the P9HST1 is the one sold via their LE channel and can be found here: http://le.atk.com/ammunition/federal...n/default.aspx

You'll also notice that on the consumer website, only the 124 grain is made available to us consumers. On the LE website, all the HST flavors are listed. We're lucky that we can buy the other flavors from some distributors.
Thanks! I have some P9HST1 124 gr on the way. Don't really need 147 gr. or the +p.

HK P2000 V2
HK45c V7
S&W M&P15T