Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Hunting and Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Hunting and Fishing Rifle, Shotgun, Handgun, Archery, Blackpowder Saltwater and Fresh Water

Old 02-17-2014, 11:08 AM

Default Fish and Game Commissioner Says Legal Hunting a Bigger Problem Than Poaching

Check out this tripe...

"In some cases, said Sutton, actual legal hunting or harvesting of wildlife may cause greater overall problems. "I actually believe legal hunting that's not sustainable may be a more pervasive problem in California," said Sutton.

http://www.kcet.org/news/redefine/re...imals-too.html
Old 02-17-2014, 4:34 PM

Sounds like it is time for a new DFW commissioner.
I would like to see someone in that office that hunts and fishes and God forbid has the balls to stand up against the antis and their feel good BS.
And willing to do his job to protect the game of this state and the rights of license buying law abiding citizens of California
Quote:
My biggest worry is that my wife(when I'm dead)will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it
Old 02-17-2014, 5:27 PM

effing IDIOT! WTF do we pay the biologists for? this guy is a tool "I Truly believe that his job is nearing its end". what a douche nozzle
Old 02-17-2014, 8:03 PM

This is why they changed the name to DFW from dfg. It's a slow take over. Eventually hunting will be limited here. Unless we get these asshats out who should not be there.
Old 02-18-2014, 8:16 AM

WOW.That article kind of make's me sick to my stomach.Legal hunting.Really.
I hope everyone that buys a hunting license reads this and realizes just how bad the anti hunters are entrenched here.Including the people that make their living from hunting and fishing.Maybe the wardens show is making them more money than our license and tag fees.I have to run to the restroom now.
Old 02-18-2014, 8:24 AM

Everyone that "buys a hunting license" is just enabling the people in charge to continue their erosion of your rights & privileges.

Go do your hunting in another state and stop feeding the machine in California with your hard earned money and we'll see how they eventually change their tune when the money isn't there and this guys job is no longer needed at all.
Old 02-18-2014, 8:29 AM

Hmmm, let me see, the guy in charge of wildlife management, who gets to make all the rules re: the legal harvesting of wildlife in such a manner as to be sustainable and in balance with the ecosystem, is whining and blaming legal hunters who abide by the DFW's regulations. Ok, sure.

This guy has been anti-hunting for a long time, and has been caught up in several conflict of interest issues. This was a moment of clarity, like when Obummer said "I think its good when we spread the wealth around".
Old 02-18-2014, 8:34 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by repomanNWP View Post
Hmmm, let me see, the guy in charge of wildlife management, who gets to make all the rules re: the legal harvesting of wildlife in such a manner as to be sustainable and in balance with the ecosystem, is whining and blaming legal hunters who abide by the DFW's regulations. Ok, sure.
This, exactly.
How can he blame us for playing by HIS rules?

Oh, and as for starving the beast by hunting out of state, in CO, I've had to have a current CA hunting license to even apply for tags there.
“Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” — Robert A. Heinlein

“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds” — Samuel Adams
Old 02-18-2014, 12:12 PM

Tags aren't outrageous. People will keep buying them including me. We just need to boot these people out.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:34 PM
Banned

Default Sutton is an A-hole.......

What a *****..........A2
Old 02-18-2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toptuna View Post
Tags aren't outrageous. People will keep buying them including me. We just need to boot these people out.
LOL you cannot do that unless you stop giving them what they need to survive. Every tag you buy helps pay their salary and lets them continue to push their agenda on you.

You would think, especially on this site, that you Californians would get it by now with the fact that every politician, LEO or public figure with any authority over you at all is bending you over every second of every single day & you just let them do it. You are nothing, but unarmed revenue generators to them period. It will never change until you guys start doing things differently than you are now.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:51 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
This is why they changed the name to DFW from dfg. It's a slow take over. Eventually hunting will be limited here. Unless we get these asshats out who should not be there.
FWIW, the Commission and the Department are different entities.

Here is his his response from Feb 14, 2014.

Partial quote:
Quote:
Earlier this week, my quotes in a press account of a webinar in which I participated
on the illegal wildlife trade gave rise to confusion regarding my attitude towards
legal hunting in California. I’m writing to set the record straight.

Last edited by NytWolf; 02-18-2014 at 12:55 PM..
Old 02-18-2014, 12:54 PM
Calguns Addict

And everyone thought the last commissioner was a piece of dirt and was happy he got the boot for the lion hunting incident.
Old 02-18-2014, 1:18 PM

I read his "retraction". I'm curious as to what he meant if he was supposedly misquoted or misunderstood? What did he mean when he made that statement?
Old 02-18-2014, 1:21 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NytWolf View Post

Partial quote:
Actually his response does't clear anything up because he doesn't clarify what it was he actually meant to be saying in the original statement.

Quote for the day:
Quote:
"..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun
Old 02-18-2014, 1:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed1972 View Post
Actually his response does't clear anything up because he doesn't clarify what it was he actually meant to be saying in the original statement.
Exactly. What the heck was he talking about then? Pretty strong statement to make with zero explanation as to its real meaning. Especially when that statement is made to the crowd he was talking to.
Old 02-18-2014, 1:35 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboarstopper View Post
Exactly. What the heck was he talking about then? Pretty strong statement to make with zero explanation as to its real meaning. Especially when that statement is made to the crowd he was talking to.
His letter was issued to the Executive Director of the F&G Commission. We don't know what caused the need for the letter -- maybe the Exec Dir called him, reprimanded him -- we don't know.

Last edited by NRAhighpowershooter; 02-18-2014 at 2:22 PM..
Old 02-19-2014, 9:06 AM
Veteran Member

next step is for them to say climate change will severely alter wildlife management plans.
Old 02-19-2014, 9:19 AM

... Climate change will severely alter wildlife management.
This is the dfg's job right? Aren't they more familiar with game populations than we are?
Old 02-20-2014, 12:31 PM
Veteran Member

Ok, so who is NapalmCheese.
Old 02-20-2014, 2:29 PM

If you want to add your voice to the ultimate removal of Sutton from the Fish and Game Commission as President, drop him an email 'fgc@fgc.ca.gov'
but be sure to copy the Director Donham of DFW ('director@wildlife.ca.gov'). You will get the Bull Sh*texplanation of his comments but each time the Director hears from someone, it adds a "mark" that makes Sutton less desirable. It only takes a minute to do. Here is want I sent (I won't add the BS reply I got back)

Dear Mr. Sutton,

I’m sure you are very aware of the controversy raised by your recent interview on KCET.

“As Fish and Game Commission president Mike Sutton pointed out during the panel, California's wildlife face other threats in addition to poaching. In some cases, said Sutton, actual legal hunting or harvesting of wildlife may cause greater overall problems. "I actually believe legal hunting that's not sustainable may be a more pervasive problem in California," said Sutton.”

Whatever you may have “meant”, the statements you made have totally undermined the confidence of a large section of your constituents such as myself; folks who ethically hunter and fish. Frankly, no amount of damage control will restore confidence in you. I think it is best for the State of California that you move on. Public representatives need to have the confidence of the people and you have lost it. I would ask you to act responsibly, do the right thing and step down so that the DFW Commission can retain its credibility with the people of California.

Sincerely,
Old 02-20-2014, 3:07 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatCity67 View Post
Ok, so who is NapalmCheese.
That would be me.
Old 02-20-2014, 4:07 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Sorry to break it to ya. Kommi is full of Sheeps and retards. This isnt like Colorado. We've been tryin to get rid of these rotten politicians and its gangs. Not doing too well if you get my drift. Steep uphill battle in rocky mudslide terrain. Theres just too many sheeple wannabe hunters/fisherman here that dont give a ratsazz about getting involved. They just wanna stay in their bubbles until its too late. Remember the AW ban that passed here that these retards say wont and didnt do jacksh-t about to prevent it.

10mm. Because .45ACP just doesn't cut it anymore. <Trailerparktrash>
Old 02-20-2014, 4:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoteassasin View Post
effing IDIOT! WTF do we pay the biologists for? this guy is a tool "I Truly believe that his job is nearing its end". what a douche nozzle
The problem is DFG pisses on all data and makes decisions based on who pays more for the elections....do some reading on the ocean closures (MLPA)... fishing ran and monitored by private funds....yes big parts of the public ocean is closed now by people who want you to buy farm raised fish Of course they have interest in those farms...rather you catch your own fish.
Ps: Sutton is a dildo

Last edited by Reelemup; 02-20-2014 at 4:19 PM..
Old 02-20-2014, 4:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhappycamper View Post
Everyone that "buys a hunting license" is just enabling the people in charge to continue their erosion of your rights & privileges.

Go do your hunting in another state and stop feeding the machine in California with your hard earned money and we'll see how they eventually change their tune when the money isn't there and this guys job is no longer needed at all.
Then they win...I want to hunt here on my home turf.They don't need your or my hunting money....Julie Packard and PUTA and Sierra Club and such is pumping enough money to stop hunting and fishing that DFW don't give a rats *** about the pocket change coming in from license sales

Last edited by Reelemup; 02-20-2014 at 4:23 PM..
Old 02-20-2014, 4:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 180ls1 View Post
And everyone thought the last commissioner was a piece of dirt and was happy he got the boot for the lion hunting incident.
He did nothing wrong about that hunt .
Old 02-20-2014, 4:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NytWolf View Post

Partial quote:
Yeah because we kill elephants and rhinos in Ca right ?