Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 01-30-2014, 4:19 PM

Default LTC in Santa Clara County

I am just wondering how difficult it is to get my LTC in the county of Santa Clara. A friend told me that it is not easy if I am not in any armed services (police, security, bodyguard, etc) in Santa Clara.

I do have a vacation home in the Eldorado County and someone said it is relatively easy in Eldorado county. Should I try to apply there? What do I need to do? Any advise is welcome!
Old 01-30-2014, 4:34 PM

It is basically impossible in Santa Clara county. There are only like 99 people who have one out of like 900,000 people.
Old 01-30-2014, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaujar View Post
I am just wondering how difficult it is to get my LTC in the county of Santa Clara. A friend told me that it is not easy if I am not in any armed services (police, security, bodyguard, etc) in Santa Clara.

I do have a vacation home in the Eldorado County and someone said it is relatively easy in Eldorado county. Should I try to apply there? What do I need to do? Any advise is welcome!
You can apply where you are a current resident of. Once you relocate I believe you have 90 days to notify and reapply at your new county of residence. So you can get it in Eldorado but once you change address back to santa clara one of 2 things will happen, you will be allowed to keep it till it expires in 2 years, or they take it away on the spot. Basically denying you.
Old 01-30-2014, 5:29 PM
Calguns is my Facebook!
CGN Contributor

I heard the CEO of Google has one.... yes it takes $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Onegtalon... toooooo many hobbies man !...

NRA, 2AF, HDF, GOA, CGN/CGF member
Old 02-01-2014, 5:42 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaujar View Post

As far as Santa Clara Co, you've got worse odds than pretty much everybody else except for those in SF Co....

Depending upon where in Santa Clara Co you work, moving to Stanislaus, Merced, or San Benito counties could be an option, w/Stan the best at issuing CCWs.

You could get one via your "vacation home", but only if you make it your primary residence. How do you do that? I would start by moving all of my personal banking, DMV reg, Drivers License, voter reg., etc. there, and regularly spending at least 1 weekend/month staying there. There are no hard and fast rules re. what changes one residence from a vacation/2nd home to a primary and serfs, er, law-abiding Californians have tried to use that trick for decades just to get CCWs so sheriffs are well aware of this tactic. If you lie on your application or during the interview, you will **** your chances of ever getting a CCW.

Of course, NONE OF THIS IS LEGAL ADVICE. Proceed at your own risk....

Keep up w/the progress of our various Carry lawsuits at:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=812950

(Yes, I did want to use a bunch of smilies this morning. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
Supporting CGF at the expense of supporting NRA is wildly stupid. . . .

Never, ever, ever choose not to be an NRA member.

-Gene
180+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives. Crime Avoidance & Self-Defense Advice

Last edited by Paladin; 02-01-2014 at 5:46 AM..
Old 02-01-2014, 7:35 AM

If you are interested in changing SCC please follow the link in my signature.

Old 02-01-2014, 9:06 AM

Move to your El Dorado County place. Or another LTC-friendly county. Or resign yourself to not being able to carry. If you're a regular person, you have zero chance in Santa Clara County. Zero. Don't play fast and loose with the residency requirement. You may not like it, it may be unconstitutional, but IA's do it and get away with it and a denial or revocation for lying about your county of residence is gonna nix it for you in the future no matter where you go in CA.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:56 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by killmime1234 View Post
It is basically impossible in Santa Clara county. There are only like 99 people who have one out of like 900,000 people.
OK - So, what about what has happened today?

Are the Hooray's in order for CA!

I know this isn't the place probably for this --- but I want to thank all of our
Cal Guns Brothers and Sisters for being part of (I am assuming) of the decision
that went down today.

There are no many posts - I am not sure which one to read - but today has to be a great day for America. I have always thought common sense prevails, eventually.

Regards,
John W.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." --- Benjamin Franklin
Freedom isn't free. Read the Declaration of Independence everyday - it'll keep the New World Order away.
Quote: Army: "Your ignorant liberal puke rhetoric is tiresome."
We live in a society of extreme behavior with no electronic self control.