Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 03-19-2014, 2:44 PM

Dmitri, which mount is that? It looks like an AD mount, but not sure about the level on the front of it. Is that a separate piece, and if so, what is it?

Trying to figure out which mount would be best. It will be sitting on top of a flat top AR-15, with a Matech BUIS behind it, much like yours.
Old 03-19-2014, 3:48 PM

Are they available yet Dmitri?

"I said good day!"

Old 03-19-2014, 7:52 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leok20 View Post
Are they available yet Dmitri?

"I said good day!"
Should be a couple months

"Math is the greatest weapon of them all!"

Dimitri Mikroulis
Old 03-19-2014, 7:56 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunborder View Post
Dmitri, which mount is that? It looks like an AD mount, but not sure about the level on the front of it. Is that a separate piece, and if so, what is it?

Trying to figure out which mount would be best. It will be sitting on top of a flat top AR-15, with a Matech BUIS behind it, much like yours.
What pic the main one? If so its anti cant device there is one on the scope n one on gun the one in gun was used for other optics when scope comes off and not really needed just never took it off but get an anticant its a must for long range precision.

Dimitri Mikroulis
Old 03-19-2014, 9:14 PM

I was asking about the one mounted just in front of the throw lever, directly on the picatinny rail. The picture I am referring to is the one on page 6 of this thread, with the Matech BUIS. Now that I look at it, that is the 1x6 scope, duh....

So, a better question would be, if I want to mount this 4-14x scope forward of a Matech BUIS, and have a similar eye relief, which of the AD scope mounts would be best?

Recon
Recon S
Recon X
Recon 20 MOA
Scout

Just based on the pictures on AD's website, I'm thinking the AD Recon (plain jane) is probably best for eye relief, but will that clear the BUIS? Also, is that the right scope height to take full advantage of the BDC?
Old 03-20-2014, 7:40 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
I was asking about the one mounted just in front of the throw lever, directly on the picatinny rail. The picture I am referring to is the one on page 6 of this thread, with the Matech BUIS. Now that I look at it, that is the 1x6 scope, duh....

So, a better question would be, if I want to mount this 4-14x scope forward of a Matech BUIS, and have a similar eye relief, which of the AD scope mounts would be best?

Recon
Recon S
Recon X
Recon 20 MOA
Scout

Just based on the pictures on AD's website, I'm thinking the AD Recon (plain jane) is probably best for eye relief, but will that clear the BUIS? Also, is that the right scope height to take full advantage of the BDC?
Not going to be able to mount forward of the rear sight. Would not be able to get close enough to the scope.

Will clear the flipped down rear. On a .308 going out to 1,000 or a 5.56 to 800 yards I would get the 20MOA

Dimitri Mikroulis

Old 03-22-2014, 8:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeX View Post
haha... I could care less about the logo. My comment goes back to my original post, getting that reticle into a certain level of optic that would appeal to the higher end crowd...

I purchased the PA 4-14x44 mil/mil FFP for like $230 because it was a mil/mil FFP, but the optical performance was ok, that's to be expected of a scope in that price range, but its not something I am going to keep regardless of how good of a reticle design was.

As much as I like the new reticle, you would have to up the game to capture the rest of the market.

I'm not saying to scrap the budget option, but to add a 2nd option that does cater to more discerning optics enthusiast with improved glass, tracking, housing, and everything else found in the 1-2k scope arena.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimaryArms View Post
This reticle and scope combo out performs those 1-2k optics you talk about any day of the week. Hell even the standard ACSS out performed even Acogs and other high end military grade optics because of a laser edged ACSS reticle with better ranging and wind holds. You seem to care more about brand names and as you put it optical performance. How about time and hits on target? In order to do what ACSS HUD can do you would need a 2k+ optic,a world class spotter, a data book, 2 calculators, a life time of training and lots of luck.

I shoot in Southern California and your welcome to bring your $2000 optic or any other optic and put it through the test. Talking about shooting online is one thing rounds down range is a whole other!

Dimitri
Personally, I understand where ExtremeX is coming from. I don't think he's saying that he cares about the brand. He's talking about the quality and clarity of the glass. I totally agree with him on that front. No matter how good a reticle is, it's not going to make up for the clarity of glass at long ranges. You need that extra low dispersion and clarity/quality of crystal to be able resolve all those details at far off distances. Otherwise it just gets hazy and cloudy, as well as gray/not as bright.

Maybe it's because I'm a sucker for good glass, I don't know. But all I'm saying is I see where he's coming from. I had a vortex 1-4 PST and while it was pretty good, it could not come close to matching the clarity and brightness of the glass of the TA11 that I switched it out for.

I think the reticle is definitely thought out very well and fills a large void in the reticle arena that seems to be lacking on even most high end scopes. What he's saying is that he wants to see your awesome reticle on a scope with equally awesome glass, which it deserves to be paired with. I don't care what anyone says, but $200-$300 glass is not going to come close to matching the brightness and clarity/resolution of Alpha level glass. It's just not possible. Glass is one of those things that "You get what you pay for", and there is really no way around it.

If what you say is true, that you're looking into a higher tier glass quality, then I think this will open up a new market for you. I know that I would consider one of your scopes at that point. Not that you need to compete with S&B in the $3000+ range or anything (because at that point, you're paying for Brand, not better glass), but even the $600-$1000 range is a new tier. ED glass from Japan or even better, Germany, would be primo I believe you could do this for the $1000-$1500 range. And with your reticle, you've got a for sure winner in the higher end tier.

JMHO. Great job on the reticle man!
Old 03-22-2014, 11:41 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlookin1 View Post
Personally, I understand where ExtremeX is coming from. I don't think he's saying that he cares about the brand. He's talking about the quality and clarity of the glass. I totally agree with him on that front. No matter how good a reticle is, it's not going to make up for the clarity of glass at long ranges. You need that extra low dispersion and clarity/quality of crystal to be able resolve all those details at far off distances. Otherwise it just gets hazy and cloudy, as well as gray/not as bright.

Maybe it's because I'm a sucker for good glass, I don't know. But all I'm saying is I see where he's coming from. I had a vortex 1-4 PST and while it was pretty good, it could not come close to matching the clarity and brightness of the glass of the TA11 that I switched it out for.

I think the reticle is definitely thought out very well and fills a large void in the reticle arena that seems to be lacking on even most high end scopes. What he's saying is that he wants to see your awesome reticle on a scope with equally awesome glass, which it deserves to be paired with. I don't care what anyone says, but $200-$300 glass is not going to come close to matching the brightness and clarity/resolution of Alpha level glass. It's just not possible. Glass is one of those things that "You get what you pay for", and there is really no way around it.

If what you say is true, that you're looking into a higher tier glass quality, then I think this will open up a new market for you. I know that I would consider one of your scopes at that point. Not that you need to compete with S&B in the $3000+ range or anything (because at that point, you're paying for Brand, not better glass), but even the $600-$1000 range is a new tier. ED glass from Japan or even better, Germany, would be primo I believe you could do this for the $1000-$1500 range. And with your reticle, you've got a for sure winner in the higher end tier.

JMHO. Great job on the reticle man!
Thank you on the positive comment on the reticle.

As far the glass clarity of the PA 4-14 and over all performance look for your self. The Magic starts at 6:45 in, enjoy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGroqvya_is

Dimitri
Old 03-22-2014, 3:22 PM

Nice. I think I'm just going to have to learn how to use mils so I can use this properly.

Is this going to have a 30mm body like the mildot one?
Old 03-22-2014, 3:25 PM

tagged for in stock announcement
Old 03-22-2014, 6:54 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Default Introduction of Primary Arms 4-14FFP ACSS .308/.223 HUD

Quote:
Nice. I think I'm just going to have to learn how to use mils so I can use this properly.

Is this going to have a 30mm body like the mildot one?
Yes same scope but with illumination.
What would you like to know? And how do you use moa now?

Dimitri Mikroulis

Old 03-22-2014, 7:05 PM

When can I get one for my new Mossberg MVP Patrol .308?
Old 03-22-2014, 7:14 PM

I get how Mildots work, more or less, I just "think" in inches/MOA. I'm going to have to get used to thinking in mils. Not really an information issue, just a training issue.
Old 03-22-2014, 7:40 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
I get how Mildots work, more or less, I just "think" in inches/MOA. I'm going to have to get used to thinking in mils. Not really an information issue, just a training issue.
What thoughts are you having in moa?

I shoot this day in day out and mils/moa is the last thing on my mind.

Dimitri Mikroulis

Old 03-22-2014, 7:41 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooduster View Post
When can I get one for my new Mossberg MVP Patrol .308?
In 2-3 months

Dimitri Mikroulis

Old 03-22-2014, 7:53 PM

Cant wait that long, but all good stuff I guess is worth waiting for
Old 03-23-2014, 5:48 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooduster View Post
Cant wait that long, but all good stuff I guess is worth waiting for
Yes this is well worth the wait.

Dimitri Mikroulis

Old 03-23-2014, 1:59 PM

I just realized this scope does not take any batteries.

Dimitri, is the reticle on this one illuminated for low-light hours?

Thanks
Old 03-23-2014, 2:55 PM

What is the width of the rear objective? Is it less than 2 inches (51mm)?

Thanks

Last edited by Lopezbangbang; 03-23-2014 at 5:26 PM..
Old 03-24-2014, 5:51 AM

Which mount do you recommend for a SCAR 16S? Thanks
Old 03-24-2014, 6:02 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopezbangbang View Post
I just realized this scope does not take any batteries.

Dimitri, is the reticle on this one illuminated for low-light hours?

Thanks
This scope does take batteries and illuminates. Its the same 4-14 we sale now but illuminated.

Dimitri
Old 03-24-2014, 6:07 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by earhole View Post
Which mount do you recommend for a SCAR 16S? Thanks
I like the ADM QD

Dimitri
Old 03-24-2014, 6:48 AM

Will any of the 30mm ADM QD work or just a specific one? Sorry about the questions? It's going to be my first scope and mount so I want to make sure I have all the details so I can do a fast checkout when it's available. Thanks again.
Old 03-24-2014, 9:13 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daNkiest View Post
Is there a pre order list. I would like to get one.
We will post it on the web site once we get a reasonably firm ETA. Once that is done you will be able to sign up for a email notice.
Contact me at: Marshall@Primaryarms.com
Old 03-24-2014, 4:16 PM

Quote:
This scope does take batteries and illuminates. Its the same 4-14 we sale now but illuminated.

Dimitri

Dimitri,

Is this scope/reticle system strictly calibrated for .223/5.56 and .308 or will it also work for other calibers as well. I need a scope for my Rem 700 in 30-06 and was wondering if this will work and if not do you have plans for making an ACSS/HUD for the long action calibers like .270, 25-06, 30-06, .300, .338 etc? If you do not plan on the long action endeavor will your current PA 4-14x44 Mil/Mil FFP scope handle the recoil of a 30-06? I have read reviews of it failing horribly with the .338 Lapua but if it will hold up to 30-06 BR shooting and occasional hunting trips I might get it. I will wait for this one to put on my .308.

I also see that the boss chimed in here, have you had a chance to inquire about a discounted group buy on this scope as both you and he can see there seems to be interest per this thread, just curious if you passed it by him for consideration as I know another member brought it up earlier.

Last edited by SmokeWagon; 03-24-2014 at 4:19 PM..
Old 03-24-2014, 4:20 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeWagon View Post
Dimitri,

Is this scope/reticle system strictly calibrated for .223/5.56 and .308 or will it also work for other calibers as well. I need a scope for my Rem 700 in 30-06 and was wondering if this will work and if not do you have plans for making an ACSS/HUD for the long action calibers like .270, 25-06, 30-06, 300, 338 etc? If you do not plan on the long action endeavor will your current PA 4-14x44 Mil/Mil FFP scope handle the recoil of a 30-06? I have read reviews of it failing horribly with the .338 Lapua but if it will hold up to 30-06 BR shooting and occasional hunting trips I might get it. I will wait for this one to put on my .308.

I also see that the boss chimed in here, have you had a chance to inquire about a discounted group buy on this scope as both you and he can see there seems to be interest per this thread, just curious if you passed it by him for consideration as I know another member brought it up earlier.
30-06 will work as long as your pushing the same pill at the same fps. What bullet are you shooting and at what fps?

Dimitri
Old 03-24-2014, 4:39 PM

Quote:
30-06 will work as long as your pushing the same pill at the same fps. What bullet are you shooting and at what fps?

Dimitri
The pills will range from 168-175 SMK's and 190 Nosler CC. I'm not sure of the fps yet as I am in the load development stages using different powders to see what the rifle likes best. Wont have a chance to shoot them for a while. Also do not have a chrono, will have to hook up with a range buddy when I'm ready to test.
Old 03-24-2014, 7:01 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
The pills will range from 168-175 SMK's and 190 Nosler CC. I'm not sure of the fps yet as I am in the load development stages using different powders to see what the rifle likes best. Wont have a chance to shoot them for a while. Also do not have a chrono, will have to hook up with a range buddy when I'm ready to test.
175 at 2600-2650 your good to go. Or any of the loads I listed.

Dimitri
Old 03-25-2014, 7:26 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by earhole View Post
Will any of the 30mm ADM QD work or just a specific one? Sorry about the questions? It's going to be my first scope and mount so I want to make sure I have all the details so I can do a fast checkout when it's available. Thanks again.
https://www.primaryarms.com/American...w-20moa-30.htm

Dimitri

Last edited by PrimaryArms; 03-25-2014 at 8:14 AM..
Old 03-25-2014, 9:36 AM

Quote:
175 at 2600-2650 your good to go. Or any of the loads I listed.

Dimitri
Thank you, now if they will only get here, I'm missing out on some great shooting weather.....
Old 03-26-2014, 3:15 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Thank you, now if they will only get here, I'm missing out on some great shooting weather.....
I wish they were here as well I got an upper waiting...

Dimitri
Old 04-09-2014, 3:08 PM
Veteran Member

Any updates?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuscooler View Post
I have Paramilitary training
Old 04-17-2014, 3:33 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooterfpga View Post
Any updates?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Instructions and so on are getting finalized so it will not be long. No exact ETA..
-Dimitri
Old 04-17-2014, 4:46 PM

Damn

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Old 04-18-2014, 8:14 AM

I haven't seen anything about a pre-order. If not, I'll just need to keep checking the website to see when they become available and swoop on one fast before they all sell out.

I'm really liking my 1-6 with same reticle, even though it is a Gen 1 version.
Old 04-19-2014, 8:53 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEShooter View Post
I haven't seen anything about a pre-order. If not, I'll just need to keep checking the website to see when they become available and swoop on one fast before they all sell out.

I'm really liking my 1-6 with same reticle, even though it is a Gen 1 version.
The Gen 1 is great!

"I shot my PA 1-6 ACSS yesterday out to 800 yards with awesome results. I was shooting with a bipod and rear bag, from a bench, at man sized steel silhouette targets using 62 gr M855 factory rounds, with a 5-7 mph left to right wind. I used the built in bullet drop mark for each target, and used the built in 5mph wind hold dot exactly on the target. I made first round, and repeatable hits at 500, 600, and 700 yards, and it took me 2 shots to make a hit at 800, with repeatable hits following at 800. I was pleasantly surprised how accurate the bullet drop hash lines are on the ACSS reticle at long range! I was shooting with a couple buddies running Leupold Mk8 1-8 scopes, and needless to say, everyone was impressed with the PA 1-6 for the money. The more I shoot it, the more impressed I am with it."
-B cart (M4 carbine.com)

Dimitri
Old 04-19-2014, 7:12 PM

Any plans for the 1-6 versions (5.56) to come out in FFP?
Old 04-19-2014, 8:53 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Any plans for the 1-6 versions (5.56) to come out in FFP?
Yes in the works we have been pushing for it above all.

Dimitri
Old 04-19-2014, 10:49 PM

Well, then I guess I'm waiting on the 1-6x FFP then. Gives me time to save up the $.

Any idea on battery life on the various ACSS scopes?
Old 04-20-2014, 2:20 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Well, then I guess I'm waiting on the 1-6x FFP then. Gives me time to save up the $.

Any idea on battery life on the various ACSS scopes?
Depends on the model go to our web for info.
-Dimitri