Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Old 01-25-2014, 3:35 PM

Default SoCal Skeet clinic, 1-25-14 Debrief

We had nine (!) shooters at today's Saturday (1/25/14) clinic - a good mix of some new shooters, and some clinic veterans of the Ziegler method.

Don and Richard tried something different today by having the more experienced shooters shoot through the stations (although not a regular round), while the new shooters got their orientation and basics set-up. It was good for the vets to stretch their legs so to speak and get some lead down field early. Once the new shooters joined in, it was down to business for everyone.

As is usually the case, a little time and a lot of instruction had the new guys breaking clays with regularity, and everyone was attentive and putting forth great effort. The overall results were so good that around 11:30 Don and Richard said we'd break for "dinner" (lunch in West Coast parlance) and continue with some coaching at more stations, including doubles, after the break.

Food from the cafe at Triple B's was very good as usual, and came fairly quickly as the group chatted amiably in the shade of the dining patio.

Shooting after lunch involved ample coaching and ample sweat, as it had become pretty warm by then. By the end of the session, everyone was breaking doubles and doing very well in all - a testament to the excellent and effective instruction that Don and Richard always provide with great patience and support.

In all, a great time to spend with some very nice folks, and continue to hone the skeet skills.

If you have any interest in shooting skeet, trap, sporting clays, or just a shotgun in general, I would strongly encourage coming to a clinic - THE BEST $30 YOU COULD SPEND FOR FUN ANYWHERE IN SO. CAL.

I'm just glad I had the sense to sign up early for several clinics!

Also, sorry for no pictures this time. Maybe next.

Last edited by trapperjohn; 01-25-2014 at 3:37 PM..
Old 01-25-2014, 4:13 PM

wish they had a clinic like this down in San Diego. lately I've just gone out to P2K and shoot shoot and shoot. watch some videos and go shoot some more. there's one RO there that's pretty good about giving out pointers. others not so much, but I suppose that's not really their job but it's been great when said RO is there and adds in his very welcomed .02.
Old 01-25-2014, 5:03 PM

Today was a good day indeed. By the end of the day everyone made good progress. Thanks to Don and Richard for their time and effort, I don't know anywhere where you can get this level of instruction at anywhere close to the price. These clinics are a no brainer for anyone wanting to improve their shotgun skills.

Next time, I'll bring my camera....Forgot it today...
Old 01-25-2014, 7:16 PM

Chuck it was Great shooting with you today. Let's do it again sometime. I know it's a long drive down, but well worth it, and it's good to shoot with good people.
Old 01-26-2014, 7:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapperjohn View Post
Chuck it was Great shooting with you today. Let's do it again sometime. I know it's a long drive down, but well worth it, and it's good to shoot with good people.
It was great shooting with you as well. I'm registered for 22-Feb-2013, looks like you are as well. I'll see you there. It looks like I'm the lone registrant for 29-Mar-2013 so far, I hope it fills up some...
Old 01-27-2014, 1:54 PM
CGN Contributor

I stopped in to give Richard and Don a quick hello on Saturday after one of your rounds, and it looked like everyone was having a great time. Everyone was a happy shooter. Good to see so many folks out there.

Can't wait to get back out.