Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 01-23-2014, 8:41 PM

Default Men that put weight on Itrade and ratings

What is it with these men and pushing when you are trying to sell an item, ranting over the Itrade number?

What I mean by this is most of the ITrades I see are for ammo and parts, that in no way describes how a person keeps or buys/sells their guns.

I always thought Calguns was a great place for like minded people. So what if you only have 2 I traders. Does that really make a decision on what and whom you are purchasing from? I have purchased guns on here not even worrying about the Itrade of who I was purchasing from. Then I have also had a major issue with a merchant flipping product on me with a high Itrade. He was selling items in the personal sales area for product he did not even have.

So what say you, does that even get you to think about a purchase? Maybe I should just take my sale down and forget about Calguns altogether all because I only have 2 Trades that have been logged?
Old 01-23-2014, 8:44 PM

Those men. I am a big fan of phone contact and actual addresses (opposed to PO boxes).

My god, Bigger Hammer, dont you have jaywalkers to ticket?

bunny farts to flamethrowers
Old 01-23-2014, 8:49 PM

they have nothing better to do...

be patient, dont take any lowball offers, and if you want a better market put it on gunbroker. yes, it will cost you a %, but it will also be less of a headache than selling here and that is worth something too.
Old 01-23-2014, 9:24 PM

Lightbulb Hang in there it gets better lol.

I have seen some CGN members get kind of over zealous and or flat out just refuse to deal with others with little or low feedback ratings a low post count or who are new to the forum most have had bad experiences with the above types mentioned i.e. being flaked on in FTF deals or burned through the mail. Most members if not almost all look at it as a general guide line for how someone conducts business on CGN. Personally I go more off of whether or not a member has positive or negative feedback not the count / number of feedback left or the date they have joined the site but if they have multiple -1 negative feedback reviews or zero it is usually a red flag! If you have done business without checking feedback first or with someone who has no feedback ( not even from another forum ) and have not had any adverse effects in your dealings you are a lucky ducky these checks and balances are in place for a reason so everyone can make safe well informed decisions and hopefully not get ripped of quite as easy when making their purchases.

FOR SALE ! STREAMLIGHT TLR-1 HP W/ REMOTE SWITCH & MAGPUL STOCK & KYDEX SIG P228 / P229 HOLSTER : CLICK HERE ! : http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...8#post18089758
Old 01-23-2014, 9:35 PM
Calguns.net Shooting Team

I think a lot depends on whether you are shipping or FTF. I look pretty close on mail order deals but not so much FTF because you are FTF! LOL!!

Scott
Old 01-23-2014, 9:37 PM

Thanks guys.
Old 01-23-2014, 9:43 PM
Veteran Member

Wether I'm buying or selling, if someone wants to be a jerk, I just pass.
Don't sweat it or let them bother you, you'll only encourage them.

Two positive ratings is better than 10 positive out of 12 as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Gunman View Post
They want to be rulers. Well I don't effing want to be ruled, I want to be represented.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:18 PM

i generally base my decision to do business more on the professionalism and written/verbal interaction with the person. if you pay attention, you can usually spot a shady individual who will screw you over.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:19 PM

I only view calguns through a phone, so I have no clue what the ratings are with people I deal with, heck I don't even know how to check. Still never had a problem with the 5 deals I made and all mail order.
Old 01-24-2014, 7:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM720 View Post
I think a lot depends on whether you are shipping or FTF. I look pretty close on mail order deals but not so much FTF because you are FTF! LOL!!

Scott
this... most times it gives you a better idea of a member that has done mulitple transactions and it trustworthy 100% of the time

especially if not doing a FTF deal
Old 01-24-2014, 7:20 AM
Cat-in-a-Box
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I have never sold but did buy from two calgunners.
pistols to be exact.
before the craziness started.
both transactions were flawless and resulted in high ratings for both sides.
now? I'd be hesitant to buy.

Lady, you're in the control seat. if the guys are being Richard's don't interact with them.

"Her hands, her comfort, her confidence, her choice.", Mr K re buying a gun for a woman.

Gun Control:
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Old 01-24-2014, 7:24 AM
Reptile&Samurai Moderator

Quote:
He was selling items in the personal sales area for product he did not even have.
Feel free to tell me more...
Old 01-24-2014, 7:33 AM

I look at the itrader ratings but my deciding factor for a deal is the pm. If they have good punctuation, leave their name, and number I'll sell to them but at the first sign of bs the deal is off.
Old 01-24-2014, 2:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkt88edmo View Post
Feel free to tell me more...
Thanks it was taken care of earlier by a mod.
Old 01-24-2014, 2:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your ad here View Post
I look at the itrader ratings but my deciding factor for a deal is the pm. If they have good punctuation, leave their name, and number I'll sell to them but at the first sign of bs the deal is off.
Thanks. Agreed
Old 01-24-2014, 3:02 PM

oh, i will add that once all the muck was waded through, the folks that i have met to buy or sell have all been really nice!
Old 01-25-2014, 6:25 PM

You and me both chickshooter
Old 01-26-2014, 11:38 PM
Calguns Addict

Location: Currently in a shanty I made in the river bottom by Eastvale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyrr View Post
What is it with these men and pushing when you are trying to sell an item, ranting over the Itrade number?

What I mean by this is most of the ITrades I see are for ammo and parts, that in no way describes how a person keeps or buys/sells their guns.

I always thought Calguns was a great place for like minded people. So what if you only have 2 I traders. Does that really make a decision on what and whom you are purchasing from? I have purchased guns on here not even worrying about the Itrade of who I was purchasing from. Then I have also had a major issue with a merchant flipping product on me with a high Itrade. He was selling items in the personal sales area for product he did not even have.

So what say you, does that even get you to think about a purchase? Maybe I should just take my sale down and forget about Calguns altogether all because I only have 2 Trades that have been logged?

Well you were WRONG. Stay out of the marketplace here unless you have covers for your shoes and make sure to wipe your feet before leaving that place. Many of the people in the calguns marketplace or ONLY THERE TO SELL OR BUY. They are NOT contributing members and they don't give a rat's *** about being one. All they want to do is use it for what it is, a FREE resource to buy and sell things.

We (in reloading) laughed a lot at these fools selling .22lr at gouge prices. You KNOW they are the lazy asses that sit at wallyworld and wait for the boxes to come in then have friends or family members with them to buy all the .22lr at $23.00 a box and then come here to sell it off at $60 a box... BECAUSE THEY ARE *******S LIKE THAT. There are others too. IT is just the way society works. Look to gunbroker if you want better buying experiences... By the way, if you can hold your breath long enough, there ARE some decent folks that live in the marketplace here, but there are a lot more that are just jackasses and those ruin it for all...

Wait for a new gun friendly president to get into office and maybe this panic will die down faster and things will almost be normal.

Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...

Author of the NY Times Best Selling book: How to Cheat and Win Like a Pro at Solitaire

Last edited by stilly; 01-26-2014 at 11:42 PM..
Old 01-27-2014, 7:10 AM
Cat-in-a-Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilly View Post
...............Wait for a new gun friendly president to get into office and maybe this panic will die down faster and things will almost be normal.

thread jack: there is no such thing any longer as a "gun friendly president". the political wheel has turned and both sides of the aisle when in power do not want the people armed.

apologies for the thread jack.

"Her hands, her comfort, her confidence, her choice.", Mr K re buying a gun for a woman.

Gun Control:
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Old 01-27-2014, 7:47 AM
In Memoriam

I have sold to people with no itrader feedback at all. We all start from zero.
I have had some deals fall through with people that have multiple feedback scores,due to unrealistic expectations I'm not willing fulfill.
I donate and give CalGuns kudos for the opportunity to buy/sell on the forum.
Old 01-27-2014, 9:05 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

A rating is simply a tool to use. You don't think there are any women that place weight on the rating? Or is this typically an "us" versus "them" forum?

Quote:

Old 01-27-2014, 9:17 AM
Banned

Men that put weight on (Itrade and ratings). They should go on a diet...
Old 01-27-2014, 11:12 AM
Banned

Default iTrader.

Lady,

The iTrader is a way of showing ones track record. I have made deals that the seller would have not completed, but based on iTrader went ahead and completed. I do not necessarily believe that it speaks for persons character, but it gives a measure of persons reliability. anyway my .02 A2
Old 01-27-2014, 11:17 AM
Veteran Member

I have dealt with people with iTrader ratings of 0 fine many times, we all start somewhere, but it gives you a little confidence to find out how many deals the seller/buyer have been through that have gone without a hitch. Now negative iTrader ratings I do take into consideration especially if multiple. If the negative iTrader rating will given wrongfully, then they do have the chance to take it up with a moderator. There are still people on here that will rip other CalGunners off which is a shame, but FTF is usually the way to go for me.

Old 01-27-2014, 7:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLander51 View Post
Men that put weight on (Itrade and ratings). They should go on a diet...
Haha.
Old 01-30-2014, 6:41 PM

Quote:

I always thought Calguns was a great place for like minded people. So what if you only have 2 I traders. ?

Ummmm, they're MEN. Bigger is better, more is better, you know how that works....

Lady, if you need a reference, tell them to PM me...

B
Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Old 02-28-2014, 9:58 PM

Hi All,

Apologies for reviving a month-old topic, but I thought I'd share my perspective.

I have dealt with members who could care less about iTrader ratings. I have met those who made sure to remind me to give them a rating asap. I have dealt with a few who prefer not exchange ratings for transactions they thought were too small in value. Then there are those who don't give ratings at all. And some just seem to pick and choose who they will give a rating to and who they will ignore.

I have always treated iTrader ratings the same as eBay ratings and online reviews. I believe they give a good sense of what to expect. As others have pointed out, we all started at zero and someone gave us a chance. I am more than grateful for the member who gave me an opportunity. I have also been more than happy to sell to those who were new. I must admit a higher number of ratings does provide a more confidence to me, but a small number, as in your case, has never made me turn anyone away. The ones I have not yet dealt with are those who have less than a 100% feedback.

The iTrader ratings are a part of the vetting process. They definitely hold more importance when an item requires shipping. When selling something here, I now take it a step further and require that the interested member must answer all questions in my ad in order to get a response from me. If the person does not, tough luck (though I have been lenient at times).

OP, I am curious as to why these men were giving you a hard time over your iTrader rating when you are the one selling?
Old 02-28-2014, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothinghere2c View Post
i generally base my decision to do business more on the professionalism and written/verbal interaction with the person. if you pay attention, you can usually spot a shady individual who will screw you over.
This.

99% of the time, people can't hide stupid. You can tell if the person is going to be easy to work with or if it's going to be a crap experience.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:59 PM
PhD of Zombie Sciences
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilly View Post
Well you were WRONG. Stay out of the marketplace here unless you have covers for your shoes and make sure to wipe your feet before leaving that place. Many of the people in the calguns marketplace or ONLY THERE TO SELL OR BUY. They are NOT contributing members and they don't give a rat's *** about being one. All they want to do is use it for what it is, a FREE resource to buy and sell things.
Wow, I wish I knew how to make the sound that the laugh and beer coming out of my nose made when I read this trifle. You're not a Contributing Member! LMAO. And reading your post, just reeks of butt hurt, and hating. Wanna talk about it?

All I will say is, I beg to differ.

I've had hundreds of deals here on Calguns. Not all of them Itrader'd. I buy and sell, it's my passion, my hobby, it's what I do. I have contributed after the first week of being here, and will continue to do so, because I believe in the forum and for what it stands for.

Now for the OP...
First off, it's not a gender thing...

I've declined business with highly rated Itraders and have un as*ed and met 0 rated Itraders ftf without problem. Any ftf meeting has gone really well, super respectful Calgunners, and genuinely nice people (some shady ones too, you know who you are ). I feel them out. It was said, punctuation, tone and overall feel... and sometimes, grab the dice and give em a roll. Take their PM as a personification of themselves. You'll know who you are dealing with.

If you are in the driver's seat, it is your show. Deal with them or don't. Pm them or not. Itrader is not the be all end all.

Last edited by Fryall4; 02-28-2014 at 11:24 PM..
Old 03-01-2014, 4:56 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
The TRP ad? I have no clue why anybody would give you grief. Personally I would want a FTF for that kind of cash but it wouldn't be about iTrader rating. TRP is off roster, isn't it? Wouldn't you need to do FTF anyway?

Ignore the haters. The general vibe I get from your posts is that you are probably a person of integrity. Hang in there & illegitimi non carborundum.

The biggest d'bag jackwagon I've tried to deal with on Calguns had a huge iTrader. Didn't mean squat & no business was done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224
I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliff View Post
A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:53 PM

Thanks guys and gals. It was a frustrating day when I posted this, it was a low ballet giving me grief for my TRP that was already reasonably priced. I did end up selling to a very nice guy who as you say never even looked at my Itrade, he knew it was a good deal, dealt with me quickly and a very nice transaction.

I think the low ballers were just trying to intimidate to get a better deal. In my book I went with instinct , has never failed me before.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:30 AM
I need a LIFE!!

So, there are no women who sell/buy based on itradrer/post count?

Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugerDevil666 View Post
No more stupid threads. you have my word
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugerDevil666 View Post
Rule 1 I'll admit I'm a jerk when I post stupid thread.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmut Shmacher View Post
I'll do the picking.. Name wise .. if you don't mind...
Formerly lugerdevil666
Old 03-03-2014, 7:26 AM
Cat-in-a-Box

I have bought twice from calgunners and left very positive feedback on iTrader.

my guess is that there are many lowballers that will use any ruse, especially with a woman who they may perceive as not knowing much about what she is selling, to try and get the price down even further.

glad you completed the deal with a good guy, Ladyrr!

Gun Control:
Old 03-03-2014, 9:27 PM

I have mixed feelings about the rating system on this forum. It sure can't tell you whether the member is flaky! You just have to find out for yourself each time you attempt to trade (2 broken deals) Buyer Beware!!
Old 03-03-2014, 9:36 PM
Calguns Addict

If you dont have at least 10 positive feedbacks here -

I'm not sending out money...
Old 03-03-2014, 10:50 PM
Calguns Addict

Location: Currently in a shanty I made in the river bottom by Eastvale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryall4 View Post
Wow, I wish I knew how to make the sound that the laugh and beer coming out of my nose made when I read this trifle. You're not a Contributing Member! LMAO. And reading your post, just reeks of butt hurt, and hating. Wanna talk about it?

Excuse me? Sure, Let's talk about it, maybe in another thread but better yet, what I said was mostly rhetoric because WHEN I said it it was about how things WERE in the forum. Things have slowly started to drop back down, but I stand by my guns. Butt-hurt? Pishaw youngin... You should have just kept your mouth shut on that comment. I have not been ripped off by anyone. I am just sick and tired of seeing people come out of the market place and go into the TECH forum or the RELOADING forum, or in the OT forum or ANYWHERE else and get all pissy about their experience there. I have not seen it now for about a month but that is what dwells in the marketplace. Sure there ARE some good folks, but if you prepare yourself for dealing with the CL flakes and the lowballers and the jackasses that have no integrity or the folks that are too wound up and are all too critical about your feedback score before they even care to respond to you, then you might actually survive your encounters in the marketplace instead of going in naive and coming out wondering what just happened to you. Yeah I hate. So what. That is what a Stilly does. They HATE. I hate on EVERYTHING. I especially hate jackasses that think they can view a single response of mine and think it is cause I got butt-hurt... Why can't I just hate people for what they are? Some folks provide PLENTY of reasons on their own...

This is my sarcasm face, there are many like it but THIS one is mine...==>

That was fun now back to the bridge, ya

Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...

Author of the NY Times Best Selling book: How to Cheat and Win Like a Pro at Solitaire

Last edited by stilly; 03-05-2014 at 12:06 AM..
Old 03-04-2014, 1:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neouser View Post
This.

99% of the time, people can't hide stupid. You can tell if the person is going to be easy to work with or if it's going to be a crap experience.
haha
Old 03-04-2014, 7:36 AM
Cat-in-a-Box

this is a forum on calguns that Mr K started so the women of calguns could voice their complaints or have discussions. so while I understand the desire to put Gender behind "us", please understand that this is the absolute one place on all of calguns where Ladyrr can post re her frustration w/o the leg humpers, the keyboard commandos, etc. doing a pile on. it is the one place most of "us" who are actually female and on calguns come to do so.....and will continue to do so. it is the very reason Mr K created this forum in the first place!

Ladyrr, I also met both the men I purchased from at the agreed location after agreeing to price but also in order to inspect the pistols prior to actually putting the $ down. in one case the seller was gracious to not only let me fire the .45acp [had never fired one before and was concerned about recoil], he brought another of his pistols for me to handle, fire, and compare it to! both sellers also drove 1/2 way to meet me at the FFL! admittedly, this was some years ago....

Gun Control:

Last edited by movie zombie; 03-04-2014 at 7:49 AM..
Old 03-04-2014, 9:55 AM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
So what if you only have 2 I traders. Does that really make a decision on what and whom you are purchasing from?
Itrade is one potential measure of reliability. I'm more confidant buying from someone with 50 positives and no negatives than I am from someone with only 2 positives. Doesn't mean that I won't sell to the +2 guy, but I will be less inclined to do anything where I have to rely on trust (i.e. accepting a check for the gun at time of PPT, shipping gun before check clears, driving a long distance to meet the buyer/seller, etc.).

The Internet makes it easy to find and buy things, but provides no inherent measure of reliability/trustworthiness. Feedback systems help with that (although they provide no definitive guarantee).
Old 03-04-2014, 10:01 AM
Cat-in-a-Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Itrade is one potential measure of reliability. ......

The Internet makes it easy to find and buy things, but provides no inherent measure of reliability/trustworthiness. Feedback systems help with that (although they provide no definitive guarantee).

agreed. yet some were using her low number to try and get her to reduce her price.....some will use any tactic to get something for even less...even if the price is already low and they know it. the beauty of being a seller is that when that happens one can just say "you're wasting my time". the one thing that one seller did was to make sure that if I fired the gun and I liked it I wouldn't try and get it for less but pay his asking price.

Gun Control: