Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 01-11-2014, 8:32 PM
CGSSA Director, LA Chapter Leader, Captain: Calguns.net Shooting Team
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default 2014 IDPA Indoor Nationals (02/20 - 02/22)

Last week I found out my application was accepted for the 2014 IDPA Indoor Nationals taking place 02/20-02/22 in Springfield, MA at the Smith & Wesson Training Center. I'm assigned to squad #25 shooting on Friday (02/21), and all the "big names" like Bob Vogel, Randi Rogers, Jerry Miculek, and Bobby Mcgee are shooting on Saturday (02/22), so I'll be doing my best to get access and see them show how it's done before the awards banquet.

It's my first national level compeition, and I'm super excited to just be able to compete there. I am confident that I'll represent my fellow Calgunners, and The Calguns.net Shooting Team well, and in the proper fashion.

Wish me luck!
Old 01-11-2014, 8:40 PM

Squad 27 here. I'll be shooting the North Carolina State IDPA champs two weeks before, so that will be a good warm up.

Good luck. Practice your flashlight technique.
Old 01-11-2014, 9:18 PM
CGN Contributor

Good luck boys. Make us (CGN and SoCal) proud, but most of all have fun!...and don't get DQ'd before your first run
Old 01-11-2014, 9:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmatt View Post
Squad 27 here. I'll be shooting the North Carolina State IDPA champs two weeks before, so that will be a good warm up.

Good luck. Practice your flashlight technique.
Oh nice, we'll have to catch up / meet at the banquet if you're going to stay through Saturday. I'm way ahead on that, and have the night match in Prado on 02/01 (while not a sanctioned event) which should still provide for some good practice.

Are you staying at the Hilton?
Old 01-11-2014, 10:45 PM
Calguns.net Shooting Team

Old 01-18-2014, 9:38 PM

roundeye, no. i am staying in hartford Connecticut. i too am in the night match on feb 1st.

yes i am staying through the banquet. i went that far, might as well stay. i shoot friday so i'll have daytime sat to goof off.
Old 01-19-2014, 9:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM720 View Post
As you should...

Quote:
roundeye, no. i am staying in hartford Connecticut. i too am in the night match on feb 1st.

yes i am staying through the banquet. i went that far, might as well stay. i shoot friday so i'll have daytime sat to goof off.
Gotcha. I figures since I am traveling all that way, I might as well stay at the match hotel where all the "action" (if you can call it that) is going to be. I'm also hoping to get a press pass for Saturday so I can watch Bob Vogel, Randi Rogers, and the like run through the match.

We should meet up for dinner or a beer while we're out there. I'm looking forward to the night match, although I heard that because of ambient lighting it's not as dark as thing are going to be in Springfield when they turn the lights off. But some practice is better than none. We should squad up.
Old 03-01-2014, 9:37 PM

It was an awesome match and experience. Unfortuantely, I didn't do as well as I hoped, but I learned a lot and will be ready for Tulsa, OK in September, and SWIN in 2015, and maybe even the BUG Nationals later this year.

Here's a cool video of Bob Vogel and I shooting Stage 1 head to head. This really shows you how important stage planning is as we were pretty much neck and neck until he chose to do a tac reload while while I was waiting for the popout and opting for a slide lock reload later.

Last edited by RoundEye; 03-04-2014 at 10:55 AM..
Old 03-04-2014, 10:23 AM

Since I'm often a trash talker and just barely finished ahead of Roundeye, here is your chance to watch me shoot horribly and smirk at that day's shooting ineptitude.

The first 5 stages or so. Gopro. Shooting my ssp Glock 34 in esp for some dumb reason. Oh wait, felony for >10rnd mags in MA.

How to I successfully embed?
Old 03-04-2014, 10:47 AM
Dates Hi-Profile Chicks
CGN Contributor

I'm super jealous man, congrats. Good luck in Tula!
Old 03-04-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Since I'm often a trash talker and just barely finished ahead of Roundeye, here is your chance to watch me shoot horribly and smirk at that day's shooting ineptitude.

The first 5 stages or so. Gopro. Shooting my ssp Glock 34 in esp for some dumb reason. Oh wait, felony for >10rnd mags in MA.

How to I successfully embed?
Ha...nice vid. I may actually bring mine to AZ and any other sanctioned events I shoot. You did better than I from the wheelchair, I forgot to go back for the head shots.

I definitely don't recall having to make 2 reloads on stage 4 though. I should have shot at the swinger a couple of more times as I only got two hits of the three I fired. Vogel fired 5 and landed 3. Good to know for next time.

Last edited by RoundEye; 03-04-2014 at 11:05 AM..