Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Old 01-02-2014, 7:44 PM
Veteran Member

Default The Liberal Gun Club

Who knew?

http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/
Old 01-02-2014, 8:02 PM
Veteran Member

Hey, who cares what side of the political fence they're on, so long as they are on our side of protecting gun rights for all American citizens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemBastards View Post
Judging from the last shoot I think we are the wrong group to ask about sighting in Mosins haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
I don't want dreamcatchers or AR crap, I want ugly old guns!
Old 01-02-2014, 8:15 PM

We exist. I personally think gun rights are a civil rights issue and should not be dragged into partisan politics.
Old 01-02-2014, 8:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistice View Post
Hey, who cares what side of the political fence they're on, so long as they are on our side of protecting gun rights for all American citizens
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentdude56k View Post
We exist. I personally think gun rights are a civil rights issue and should not be dragged into partisan politics.
Old 01-02-2014, 8:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
It makes no difference to me. I was just unaware of their existence.

As to who cares...I guess they do, since they chose to form a gun club devoted to liberalism.
Old 01-02-2014, 8:59 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Well the 400+ who viewed this thread from this morning "knew" at least...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=874361

and the 1600ish who looked at this earlier thread on the same subject:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=874270

Last edited by keenkeen; 01-02-2014 at 9:10 PM..
Old 01-02-2014, 9:10 PM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

We exist in large numbers. If you really think about it the whole right vs left thing with guns is something very new, really only got going about 15 years ago.
Old 01-02-2014, 9:35 PM
Veteran Member

I knew about them when some guy used to always talk about them on here,

he is banned now so i haven't heard about them on a while
Old 01-02-2014, 9:57 PM

to paraphrase Mark Twain, it's a snare and a delusion.

the spirit of individual liberty inherent in the 2nd amendment is in direct contradiction with the statist ideology of the leftists who call themselves "Liberals".

the label Liberal is in itself a lie- in my experience they are the most judgemental, intolerant people I know.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:06 PM
Calguns Addict

kind of like log cabin republican gays. just a odd fit but fine by me.welcome
Old 01-02-2014, 10:11 PM

From the Webster's 1828 dictionary (the definitions which seem to apply):

3. Not selfish, narrow on contracted; catholic; enlarged; embracing other interests than one's own; as liberal sentiments or views; a liberal mind; liberal policy.

4. General; extensive; embracing literature and the sciences generally; as a liberal education. This phrase is often but not necessarily synonymous with collegiate; as a collegiate education.

In classic terms (as in 1828) a Liberal was one who studied the Greek and Roman classics. That would be IN Greek and Latin. They could DEBATE, not just protest and shout down. A Liberal would stand entirely opposed to the idea of political correctness.

Many of today's "liberals" are not Liberal at all.

Regards,
Crunch
Old 01-02-2014, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
We exist in large numbers. If you really think about it the whole right vs left thing with guns is something very new, really only got going about 15 years ago.
I blame Clinton and the AWB, for beginning all that. Though didn't a Reagan White House have something to do with the '86 Federal gun law.

Hey, just noticed you're at 556 posts!
Gay marriage, guns, a bureaucratic community college system, mandatory 10 day waiting periods, beautifully-ethinically-diverse-and-often-stuck-up-spoiled hot girls, marijuana licenses, San Francisco & Los Angeles, legislation for paparazzi, rioting in celebration (when the Lakers win), rioting for injustice (Rodney King), Celebrities Rights Laws, and non-stop beautiful weather; what not to like about our glorious People's Republic?
Old 01-02-2014, 10:18 PM
Veteran Member

Today liberalism and gun right is akin to communism versus capitalist. Today Liberal = Progressive = Communist
Old 01-02-2014, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teg33 View Post
Today liberalism and gun right is akin to communism versus capitalist. Today Liberal = Progressive = Communist
Communist, ironically aren't very liberal at all... Wolf in sheep skin indeed.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:48 PM
Veteran Member

All joking aside, a TRUE "liberal" could never support gun control. It's not a liberal position; it's an authoritarian one.

Support of gun control is a "progressive" position, which is also a misnomer. Taking people's rights away will never be perceived as "progress".
Old 01-03-2014, 12:16 AM

I'm not sure if some of these newer posts are flame bait or not, but I'll nibble.

As a self-described liberal, I have a lot of liberal friends who all feel differently about gun control. Very few of them have a problem with the average law-abiding person owning any and all of the guns they want. What bothers every single one of them is the exclusive, sometimes hostile nature of some of the more vocal members of the gun owning community. Being accused of being communists and numerous other extreme and inaccurate generalizations kind of sucks and makes people not feel so bad about taking away the rights of those calling them names. Unfortunately, this hurts the entire gun owning community and gives the anti-gunners ample ammunition to strip us of our rights. Like it or not, the people taking away our gun rights are elected. If we want anti-gun politicians out of office, the gun owning community must appeal to the average person.

I browsed the Calguns forums for a few years before making an account and found that a large number of you welcome anyone willing to defend the 2A regardless of their politics. You are the same kind of people that got me interested in guns in the first place, and I believe you are some of the most effective defenders of our rights here in California and the rest of the United States. Thank you.

Of course this is all cultivated from my own experiences and as such should be taken with a grain of salt, but I wanted to share them in the hopes that they will do some good.

If we're to continue we should probably take this to OT.
Old 01-03-2014, 6:00 AM
Veteran Member

As a former self described liberal, I can only speak for myself. I left the democrat party and liberalism behind directly because of the party politics regarding gun control. Back in the mid seventies I started paying very close attention to what the political left in this country was actually doing as opposed the what they said they were trying to do.

Imagine my surprise and chagrin to realize that they were constantly attacking my rights while telling us that they had only our own good in mind. Bah! I don't need someone in politics telling me that they are taking away the rights that I and others before me fought and died to protect for my own good.

I see the societal troubles that we are experiencing as a direct result of the policies of the last fifty years. I grew up in the fifties and early sixties, trust me when I say that it was a great time to be a kid and an American.
Old 01-03-2014, 6:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentdude56k View Post
Being accused of being communists and numerous other extreme and inaccurate generalizations kind of sucks and makes people not feel so bad about taking away the rights of those calling them names.
Oddly enough, this is what happens to millions of law abiding gun owners every time there is a Sandy Hook type incident. Blaming inanimate objects instead of the individual or individuals will never fix the problem.
Old 01-03-2014, 6:50 AM

Awesome! We need everyone we can get if we are going to keep our 2nd amendment rights.
Old 01-03-2014, 8:15 AM

Being accused of being communists and numerous other extreme and inaccurate generalizations kind of sucks and makes people not feel so bad about taking away the rights of those calling them names
Yea, because libs never do that to conservatives
Old 01-03-2014, 9:51 AM

The funny thing about "us" vs "them" is we are all so preoccupied with fighting each other, we don't realize how much we all have in common. Especially on this site. I teach my children moderation and tolerance of all people. As long as we are a nation devided by red & blue, liberal & conservative, ..... Nothing will change. On a side note, some of best guns are communist.

"The numbers all go to eleven. ... And most amps go up to ten." --Nigel Tufnel (Spinal Tap)

"If you’re being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They’re trained for that!"
– Milton Jones
Old 01-03-2014, 9:53 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
That sounds great on the surface, but who are the people who continue to vote for Feinstein, Boxer, DeLeon, Yee, etc etc?

Despite the fact that I try not to spend much time around liberals, I have taken many people shooting who vote democrat. All of them enjoyed it and had fun. Very few of them had ever held a gun before and were surprised at how many restrictions there are on ownership and usage, since all they ever hear from the MSM is that they need to "get guns off the street".

My hope is that when a liberal goes shooting and sees that there is a safe way to handle a gun, and that the crap they are being fed is pure crap, that maybe they will start to question the rest of the meal they are being fed?

So far it hasn't worked.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:02 AM

Wrong forum gang. If you want to talk politics, try it here http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/f...play.php?f=329

Here, we're all color-blind brother (and sister?) crufflers.

TLCGunTrust@gmail.com
Nothing I post here constitutes legal advice, nor can it establish an attorney/client relationship.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendl View Post
Wrong forum gang. If you want to talk politics, try it here http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/f...play.php?f=329

Here, we're all color-blind brother (and sister?) crufflers.
This. Whole reason I browse this forum is to stay out of this kind of political nonsense. I just want to read about guns.
Old 01-03-2014, 1:51 PM
Veteran Member

yep, I took a nibble but I'm not hungry. OT
Old 01-03-2014, 4:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrelavant View Post
The funny thing about "us" vs "them" is we are all so preoccupied with fighting each other, we don't realize how much we all have in common. Especially on this site. I teach my children moderation and tolerance of all people. As long as we are a nation devided by red & blue, liberal & conservative, ..... Nothing will change. On a side note, some of best guns are communist.
This...its just another version of class warfare. We battle it out among each other while they sit back and enjoy the spoils. I used to blame everything on the other side (Liberals) but with some strong research on those who call themselves Conservative, I found that both acted to only serve their own needs and not those of the people.

And you're right...some of the best weapons are Communist, with the exception of the Garand
Old 01-03-2014, 8:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrelavant View Post
Thank You! They want us divided!

... who would deprive men of the use of fire for fear of their being burnt, and of water for fear of their being drowned....The laws of this nature are those which forbid to wear arms, disarming those only who are not disposed to commit the crime which the laws mean to prevent.
- Cesare Beccaria
Old 01-03-2014, 8:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2761377 View Post
to paraphrase Mark Twain, it's a snare and a delusion.

the spirit of individual liberty inherent in the 2nd amendment is in direct contradiction with the statist ideology of the leftists who call themselves "Liberals".

the label Liberal is in itself a lie- in my experience they are the most judgemental, intolerant people I know.
Sounds like somebody else is the judgemental one.
Old 01-03-2014, 8:53 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I like it, I perused the forums and found people talking about the joys of EBR's.

GOOD!

Government Official Lies
. F r e e d o m . D i e s .
Old 01-03-2014, 11:27 PM

Now if someone would just create "The Conservative Gun Club".

Wait...never mind.
I know I'm gonna get got, but I'm going to get mine more than I get got though.
-Marshawn Lynch
Old 01-04-2014, 12:48 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutter View Post
This. Whole reason I browse this forum is to stay out of this kind of political nonsense. I just want to read about guns.
100% agree with this.

The only politics I am interested in reading about here, was lived, and fought over, at least 60 years ago.
Old 01-04-2014, 4:50 PM

When anything like this comes up, whether it be in a face-to-face conversating or online, it's always a good idea to make sure both sides are on the same page when they use labels.

Words like "liberal," "progressive," "communist," "racist," "whatever-phobe," etc all get thrown around quite a bit in political discussions, and more often than not it seems they are used incorrectly* (by both sides I might add). This isn't productive, and only serves to further entrench both parties.

*I.e. not in accordance with dictionary definitions.

Are you a member?
Old 01-04-2014, 6:50 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTABIKER View Post
kind of like log cabin republican gays. just a odd fit but fine by me.welcome
Good analogy. Both groups get flamed by the "mainstream" for their beliefs, so they form their own little groups. I think gun control is a political loser for Democrats nationally, but I'm not a Dem, so I don't care if it hurts them.
Old 01-04-2014, 7:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbrg View Post
I think gun control is a political loser for Democrats nationally
It may very well be, but it becomes a loser for all of us when pro 2A Dems decide it best not to piss off their stuck up yuppie friends and Hollywood-wannabe neighbors by not verbalizing their stance.

How many of those 20-something AR-toting mall ninjas, didn't vote for Obama?I'm thinking less than did.

This is a good thing. Now it needs to have more than 119 users be the most it's ever had on line
I know I'm gonna get got, but I'm going to get mine more than I get got though.
-Marshawn Lynch
Old 01-04-2014, 7:24 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Light View Post
It may very well be, but it becomes a loser for all of us when pro 2A Dems decide it best not to piss off their stuck up yuppie friends and Hollywood-wannabe neighbors by not verbalizing their stance.
I'm in NC and I think this state will be a bellweather for Dem aspirations. Of course they are completely untrustworthy, but just getting them to shut up would be a start. I know that the last thing that Kay Hagan wants is another gun vote before November. Losing her Senate seat would be a huge blow for the DNC, so my bet is no big new anti-gun push in 2014.