Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 12-29-2013, 8:38 PM

Default Ocotillo wells through New Years

Heading out to Ocotillo Wells OHV State park to meet some friends and continue my tradition of being in the desert for New Years every year. I don't have any off road toys any more as I have fallen more into the hobby of guns. Planning on bringing my firearms and breaking away from my group over to the BLM side of the 78 for some New Year fun.

Just wondering if any Calgunners will be out there shooting or with offroad toys that would like to meet up for a beer (not while shooting of course). I will be out Monday afternoon through Wednesday evening. Driving a bright blue Nissan Frontier.

-Aaron
Old 12-29-2013, 8:45 PM
Veteran Member

I night be out there but it depends on the truck
shes been a pain the last few weeks. Hopefully tomorrow she will be all done...

Never make yourself too available or useful...... Semper Fidelis

Last edited by BajaJames83; 12-29-2013 at 8:48 PM..
Old 12-29-2013, 8:51 PM

I know the feeling. Whats holding you back?
Old 12-29-2013, 9:02 PM

I had that tradition for 15 or so years. Then I had kids. Can't break in the new year without'em. I'll be out there in a couple weeks though.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:14 PM
CGN Contributor

A couple months ago I had to go to Brawley and I pulled in to pole line rd to take a leak. They had this new big sign up that you can't miss, The thing on it that stuck out is "No Weapons" I know it has always been the rule but it was just in the flyers at the ranger station that I saw, they really want to make it known now.

Pole line was being graded and the front part off the road was nice and smooth, not sure how far they went in.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chknlyps2 View Post
A couple months ago I had to go to Brawley and I pulled in to pole line rd to take a leak. They had this new big sign up that you can't miss, The thing on it that stuck out is "No Weapons" I know it has always been the rule but it was just in the flyers at the ranger station that I saw, they really want to make it known now.

Pole line was being graded and the front part off the road was nice and smooth, not sure how far they went in.
Thanks for the heads up. Weapons aren't allowed in the open (AKA shooting). As long as they stay locked up inside camper, vehicle, tent they are allowed.
Old 12-31-2013, 9:17 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK5.56 View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Weapons aren't allowed in the open (AKA shooting). As long as they stay locked up inside camper, vehicle, tent they are allowed.
It has always been stated that possession of firearms in the park is not allowed. I have a friend that on Thanksgiving of 08 or 09 took his rifle in a case out of his camper and put it in his truck to go to the trestles and shoot. Some other campers went and told the rangers and they came and had a visit with him later. All he got was a warning and the rangers told him to break camp or leave it out of the park, he had friends at Desert Ironwoods and took it there.

With the big signs, now more people will be aware of the rule and freak out if they see what they might think is a gun. I am not trying to be a downer, just trying to keep people from getting in trouble.

Quote:
Firearms, It is unlawful
to possess or discharge any
weapons in the park.
See page 2, this is from a couple years ago.

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1170/f...de-2011-12.pdf