Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Survival and Preparations
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Survival and Preparations Long and short term survival and 'prepping'.

Old 12-19-2013, 2:33 PM

Default free everstrike match!

https://secure.survivallife.com/land...=&utm_campaign

EverydayCarry.pdf

Last edited by bongfoo; 12-19-2013 at 2:58 PM..
Old 12-19-2013, 4:43 PM

1 Everstryke Match - FREE + $2.95 S&H

not quite 'free'

Some idiots are too busy knowing it all to ever learn anything

"...this isn't a perfect world. It's California."
Old 12-19-2013, 6:45 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy View Post
1 Everstryke Match - FREE + $2.95 S&H

not quite 'free'
Tell me you don't see $2.95 in value there. (Though, there is a solicitation video that is about 5-8 minutes long for membership to a newsletter group for $19.95 a month...) Sheesh...

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edited by CitaDeL; 12-19-2013 at 6:57 PM..
Old 12-19-2013, 10:14 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I got one
Old 12-20-2013, 12:15 AM
Calguns Addict

I did a little pre-purchase research and found this review on Amazon:

Quote:
Amazon Verified Purchase

It's a great idea, a metal case filled with lighter fluid and a permanent match as the stopper with a flint and steel. The problems are numerous. First, the construction. The container is actually plastic, with a thin piece of metal wrapped around it and cheaply glued in place. The chain and clip don't hold very securely, and I'd be worried about it falling off. As far as functionality, it works well at first, but the tinder burns off quickly. It also wastes A LOT of fluid. It drips when you pull the match out, it evaporates out of the container, and when you strike it, it splashes out. My zippo holds more fluid, for much longer, doesn't blow out in the wind, and lights far more reliably. It was a great gimmick in the smoking area at work, people thought it was really cool, but other than a parlor trick, this thing is pretty useless.

Oh, and by the way, if you get any fluid on the top or sides, you light the whole darn thing on fire when you try to douse the match. Many people I know that tried it got minor burns and won't go near the thing.
"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed—where the government refuses to stand for re-election and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake free people get to make only once." - Justice Alex Kozinski, 9th US Circuit Crt of Appeals