Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Old 12-10-2013, 2:04 PM

Cooler is an NZXT havik 140 plus 2 140 and 2 120mm fans in the case.
Old 12-10-2013, 3:25 PM
Veteran Member

If you build one, don't go cheap anywhere... even the case and power supply. Just get the parts on sale and shop around. I like New Egg. They have good sales and good reviews. Do your research.

If you don't want to build it you can shop places like Cyberpower and still pick and choose components somewhat, and still be able to swap out memory and video cards, even mobo and CPU later. They are all just computers, even if you didn't build from the ground up. It is easy for people who have done it a hundred times, but there are things that can go wrong.

For gaming, your video card is going to be critical. Overkill on your video card today is like too much ammo... it is a good thing. You don't know what game will come out in 3 months and kick your $100 card's ***. Get something fast. You might get a midrange card and double up later by adding an identical card in Crossfire X or SLI - so make sure your mobo supports it.

Last edited by crufflers; 12-10-2013 at 3:35 PM..
Old 12-10-2013, 9:44 PM
Banned

I still have both my 6970's (Crossfire) running strong.
16gb DDR3 regular 1333, motherboard is an ASROCK 990FX
2 Years now and chews up any game that comes my way..
Old 12-11-2013, 4:58 PM
Calguns Addict

Another good reason to build yourself is to familiarize yourself with the components and certain problems each component might have.

That way if you ever do run into any problems, you will know exactly what it is and fix it yourself! Sometimes I actually want a certain component to go bad just to replace it Knock on wood

Also, sometimes I type in CAPS to emphasize a POINT. Please dont interpret that as YELLING. Sorry if I HURT any fuzzy little bunny's FEELINGS out there.
Old 12-11-2013, 5:06 PM

^ +1

Its always nice to be able to do your own diagnostics.... I just recently had to RMA my mother board because it failed. I was able torule out all the other parts because I was familiar with troubleshooting. Instead of sending it to a tech who would have went through the same steps I did and charged me an arm and a leg.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:51 PM
Calguns Addict

Also, sometimes I type in CAPS to emphasize a POINT. Please dont interpret that as YELLING. Sorry if I HURT any fuzzy little bunny's FEELINGS out there.