Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Old 11-23-2013, 2:26 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Why is Mossberg 930 "PRO SERIES" cheaper than normal 930??

I was looking at Mossberg 930's at a local gun shop. They had a "Jerry Miculek PRO SERIES" for $649. I was told by the sales person that this one had upgraded to make it a "PRO SERIES", yet all the other "normal" 930 shotguns were priced at $749-$849. Why is the JM Pro Series so much cheaper?
Old 11-23-2013, 2:36 PM
Veteran Member

If you'd go to the Mossberg website they have at least half a dozen different 930s and they list the features along with the suggested price. One notable difference is that some of the other 930s come with ghost ring sights, whereas the JM comes with fiber optic sight, which is much cheaper.

44 Mag ammo for sale

H&K P7M8 for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by DysfunctionalVet View Post
Reload times are irrelevant.
Old 11-23-2013, 2:37 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Maybe you saw the 930SPX, which has Tactical options. And Tactical adds at least $100 to everything.
Old 11-23-2013, 3:17 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Because the JM pro does everything half as good. It's too long for HD and too much going on for hunting. The market is limited for 3 gun and most of those guys have to have "just that little bit extra" and hit the $1500 shot guns.

The idea was there but the market is not.

I spend $680 OTD for my 930 combo and built it up to fit the bill perfect for both HD/Clays. I think I'm in total for $850 but I opted for the best tube tube clamp and Tac light. Also the finish is a better rust fighter than the park "tactical" versions. Also I notice all the complains seem to be with the tactical versions. This is just a whim of mine but I feel they rush produce the SPX/Black water but do a decent job with the combos cause hunters take that stuff serious and would make more sense to add that extra bit of eye on the hunters guns who depend on them than the cooler mr tacticals guns that just shoot dirt most the time.

What's Your Caliber??

My Youtube channel