Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Commercial Sales > New Product Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Product Announcements Vendors, share information about your newest products. Only CGN Vendors can start threads in this forum.

Old 12-04-2013, 3:00 AM

I have also pre-ordered and would like to get the router and end mill on the way. Did the B&D router work out? Do you have a link to the recommended end mill?
Thanx,
DamMan
Old 12-04-2013, 9:30 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese Falcon View Post
Do we have specs on what drill bits and router bits to get yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamMan View Post
I have also pre-ordered and would like to get the router and end mill on the way. Did the B&D router work out? Do you have a link to the recommended end mill?
Thanx,
DamMan
Ditto, and ditto.
Old 12-08-2013, 1:39 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamMan View Post
Thanx,
DamMan
After further testing, the Black and Decker router was best in the "under $75" category of routers. The fact that it is a plunge router made making the trigger hole easier. The Porter Cable / Dewalt (same routers, just a different brand name) laminate routers worked very well too, but due to the proximity of your hand to the cutter on those, we feel it is safer to use one with side handles like the Black and Decker model.

We shot most of the video this week using both the Porter Cable and the Black and Decker router. It will be edited and posted online in the near future.

Visit our store at:
80% Arms
3480 W Warner Ave, Suite L
Santa Ana, CA 92704

Hours 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM Weekdays / 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM Saturday
Phone: (949)-354-ARMS [2767]
Email: sales@80percentarms.com

Last edited by 80% Arms; 12-08-2013 at 1:41 PM..
Old 12-08-2013, 2:32 PM

Cool, sounds like you are closer to sending out receivers.
“When religion and politics travel in the same cart, the riders believe nothing can stand in their way. Their movements become headlong - faster and faster and faster. They put aside all thoughts of obstacles and forget the precipice does not show itself to the man in a blind rush until it's too late.”
― Frank Herbert, Dune
Old 12-10-2013, 11:59 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Anyone tried this yet? Any input?
Old 12-10-2013, 12:17 PM

Isn't it for preorder still? I don't think they are out in the wild yet.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:21 PM
Calguns Addict

They said they will likely be shipping the jigs on the 12th or 13th on their website. I have the Black and Decker all set to go. The one thing I wish they would post is a list of the bits you need. I'd like to get those ahead of time if possible. With any luck, my lower will come with the jig. I am also hoping to see if the jig fits any other lowers, as I have a few sitting around waiting.

-Mb
Old 12-10-2013, 2:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun toting monkeyboy View Post
They said they will likely be shipping the jigs on the 12th or 13th on their website. I have the Black and Decker all set to go. The one thing I wish they would post is a list of the bits you need. I'd like to get those ahead of time if possible. With any luck, my lower will come with the jig. I am also hoping to see if the jig fits any other lowers, as I have a few sitting around waiting.

-Mb
Ditto! Black and Decker on the way but sure would like to get the end mill and bits ordered!
Old 12-10-2013, 7:32 PM

He suggested this end mill.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/119/2486/=pmghwn
“When religion and politics travel in the same cart, the riders believe nothing can stand in their way. Their movements become headlong - faster and faster and faster. They put aside all thoughts of obstacles and forget the precipice does not show itself to the man in a blind rush until it's too late.”
― Frank Herbert, Dune
Old 12-10-2013, 8:22 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch J View Post
Yes, but how many flutes and how long? And is it the 1/4 inch diameter? Remember, I am a monkey. I have never done this before...

-Mb
Old 12-10-2013, 8:51 PM

Quote:
Yes, but how many flutes and how long? And is it the 1/4 inch diameter? Remember, I am a monkey. I have never done this before...

-Mb
Thanks for your contributions (and tip on B&D on Amazon). I'm eagerly awaiting to hear what other lowers you get to fit in the jig. I too am waiting for them to spell out what end mill to get and wondering why they haven't answered if they are getting ready to shoot the video(s).

California Reloading Club - IE Section
Old 12-10-2013, 8:54 PM
Veteran Member

From another thread, for their 308 testing
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80% Arms View Post
It needs to be at least 4 inches long. We did most of our testing with McMaster Part# 88815A44. 3 flute uncoated http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/119/2486/=pmghwn

We're creating a kit with all the tooling you need, but it will be a while until we get the end mills in stock. Until then, McMaster seems to be a good source for these.
Got mine today
Old 12-12-2013, 7:30 PM
Veteran Member

From the website:
Quote:
The first batch of Easy Jigs is expected to ship next week, between Dec 12 and Dec 13. The first batch of Easy Jigs is sold out. The second batch will ship approximately Dec 20th. This batch is almost sold out. We are shipping out orders in the order in which they were received.

An instructional video will be posted in December.
http://www.80percentarms.com/collect...ar-15-easy-jig

Just noticed that the video promised by tomorrow is now due sometime in December? You guys still on track to ship parts tomorrow?
Old 12-12-2013, 7:55 PM

Anyone try this with Non 80%arms lowers? Waiting for a video before ordering. Have a palm and plunge router. Be nice if polymer lowers bolt up too, dremel'ing is terrible.
Old 12-12-2013, 7:56 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychbiker View Post
Anyone try this with Non 80%arms lowers? Waiting for a video before ordering. Have a palm and plunge router. Be nice if polymer lowers bolt up too, dremel'ing is terrible.
Hasn't been released yet
Old 12-13-2013, 10:09 AM
Ordo Militaris Templi
CGN Contributor

Ordered the end mill as per BigJ guidance. BD router in hand, jig on the way maybe today.

Have my 2 x QD 80% waiting. We shall see if it goes well. If yes, ATF will not be notified....

In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box.
Steve Symms, ex-U.S. Senator, Idaho

Last edited by Maltese Falcon; 12-13-2013 at 11:51 AM..
Old 12-13-2013, 10:11 AM
Veteran Member

Nice Maltese!

How did ya hear your jig shipped? I ordered pretty early on and am pretty sure I got in on the first batch, but I haven't heard anything about shipping.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:50 AM
Ordo Militaris Templi
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJ View Post
Nice Maltese!

How did ya hear your jig shipped? I ordered pretty early on and am pretty sure I got in on the first batch, but I haven't heard anything about shipping.
I didn't, I was just wishful thinkin'' since I ordered early as well .

In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box.

Old 12-13-2013, 12:32 PM
Veteran Member

Ahh I see what you did there
Old 12-13-2013, 2:29 PM

I guess no one has heard if they shipped and easy jigs yet? Notice there isn't a tutorial video either. Not complaining, just anxious.
Old 12-13-2013, 5:45 PM
Ordo Militaris Templi
CGN Contributor

I ordered the end mill from McMaster Carr this am, got it delivered same day!

Those guys are amazing.

Me be itching to make some boom sticks the old fashioned way.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg End Mill.jpg (83.6 KB, 194 views)

Old 12-13-2013, 6:15 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah love McMaster for that

I see 80percent bumped their 308 thread, but no update here. What's goin on fellas? Did they ship or no?
Old 12-13-2013, 8:17 PM

I dont think they have shipped yet.
― Frank Herbert, Dune
Old 12-13-2013, 8:41 PM
Veteran Member

I emailed them about picking it up (since I am now on vacation until next year), here is the response:

Hello,

We apologize for the delay. Our engineering team made a last minute change to a part on the Easy Jig to make it easier to use. This has messed up our shipping estimates. Your order will be shipping out by the end of next week in the first batch of shipments. We would be happy to coordinate a time for you to pick up your jig from our office. In all honesty though, it may be easier to ship to you since it will only take 1 day to arrive.

Best Regards,

80% Arms Inc.

So the 12th or 13th is going to be the 20th or 21st - which originally was supposed to be Dec 4th. Not real happy about the delays, I wanted to start making lowers while on vacation - at the rate its going they aren't going to get these out to people until after Christmas.

FWIW I ordered a lower today from them, supposedly ships out in 2 days. I only live about 15 minutes away from them - but it seems that they don't have a traditional retail setup.

I also have a QD lower that I am going to try with their easy jig - will take some photos as soon as I get the jig - router showed up 2 days after ordering on Amazon (thanks Prime). I too need the end mills.
Mark 14:51 - 52

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep7081
The more I am on CalGuns the more I see why government keeps certain people from owning firearms.
[/size]

Last edited by bill_k_lopez; 12-13-2013 at 8:43 PM..
Old 12-14-2013, 10:35 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks for the info bill. That's a bummer; I was looking forward to building a few over vacation too. But I guess I'd rather have a jig thats right later than one that's wrong sooner.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:02 PM
Ordo Militaris Templi
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJ View Post
Thanks for the info bill. That's a bummer; I was looking forward to building a few over vacation too. But I guess I'd rather have a jig thats right later than one that's wrong sooner.
Yep, I have been waiting over a year for a Mesa Tactical Mossberg 930 Urbino stock to clear development, see at Harris Tactical.

After the CNC / ATF flameout this is a good thing to get right from the get go.

Old 12-14-2013, 1:49 PM

Where's the video? Not trying bash anyone but, if the jig is as easy as you say it is there shouldn't be much editing.
Old 12-14-2013, 7:22 PM
Ordo Militaris Templi
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisco214 View Post
Where's the video? Not trying bash anyone but, if the jig is as easy as you say it is there shouldn't be much editing.
First post is a complaint?

Chill guy. They are trying to get it right.

Maybe ATF plant?

Old 12-15-2013, 6:50 PM

I just hope I receive mine before my leave ends that's all I'm worried about, don't mind the delay just wondering how long its gonna be.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:38 PM

I have my router, my end mill has been shipped and it would be nice to get an update on here from 80% Arms. However, if they are too busy getting our Easy Jigs to market, I am happy without the update.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:53 PM
Veteran Member

FYI:

I sent an email asking them to change my ship-to address as a result of the delays. They responded promptly, apologized, confirmed my request and said "Your order should ship out by Friday".
Old 12-16-2013, 1:01 PM

Tagged
Old 12-16-2013, 5:54 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Hello all,

To answer a lot of questions, firstly, no easy jigs have shipped yet. This will change as of Friday. We are operating about 18 hours a day, 7 days a week every day except Christmas to make sure that happens. Why the delay? We re-analyzed a portion of the design of a certain piece that wasn't working quite as intended. Our timeline got pushed back because we had to re-design that piece, re-test it multiple times, re-write that section of the manual, and put the re-designed part into production. We also have to re-film the section of the video that involves this part. We apologize to all of you who have been anxiously waiting. You guys have been beyond patient and we really value your support. The end result to all this is that the Easy Jig is now even more monkey simple than before.

The first batch of pre-orders will ship on Friday of this week. This should cover all pre-orders placed on, or before Nov 29. A second batch will ship out the following Friday which should get us caught up to orders placed up to Dec 6. The Friday after that we should have this item in stock and all existing orders will be fulfilled.

Regarding universal compatibility, this jig is unlikely to fit another brand of lower.

Video update: We are re-shooting part of it this week and should have it edited over the weekend. Will post after that.

We are working like madmen to get your orders out as soon as possible, hang in there, you'll have them in your hands very soon.

Visit our store at:
80% Arms
Santa Ana, CA 92704

Last edited by 80% Arms; 12-16-2013 at 5:59 PM..
Old 12-16-2013, 9:31 PM
Ordo Militaris Templi
CGN Contributor

Yikes, so you are saying your jig is documented NOT to work with other lowers?

Or are you merely CYA and keeping your initial offering limited?

If it's MIL Spec why would it matter?

Last edited by Maltese Falcon; 12-16-2013 at 9:49 PM..
Old 12-16-2013, 9:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese Falcon View Post
Yikes, so you are saying your jig is documented NOT to work with other lowers?

Or are you merely CYA?

If it's MIL Spec why would it matter?

Most likely the magwell shape and trigger guard shape. Like this below.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:25 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychbiker View Post
Most likely the magwell shape and trigger guard shape. Like this below.

This is exactly it. Our lowers are mil spec in regards all dimensions that do not relate to cosmetic features. It fits mil spec uppers, takes mil spec lower parts kits, etc. It's just a bit different cosmetically, which affects how it fits the jig.

Even between different mil spec forged lowers, you will find minor variations that need to be accounted for in the design of a jig. If you take a LMT lower and make a jig that fits it like a glove, it will probably not work with a colt lower. There are small differences between the forging themselves that affect the fit of the jig.

The Easy Jig is designed to fit our lowers like a glove so there is absolutely no wiggle room and you get a super precise fit. This allows us go achieve tighter tolerances than you could otherwise get with a more universal jig.

We're looking into creating a universal version of this jig that is just as easy to use, but it's a major challenge to design. If ease of use wasn't such a high priority for us, it would be fairly straight forward to make, but making it a super easy to use system is a challenge.

Visit our store at:
80% Arms
Santa Ana, CA 92704

Old 12-18-2013, 10:45 AM
Calguns Addict

My lower showed up yesterday. It is nice looking and the finish is very good. I'm looking forward to trying this out as soon as the jig gets here.

-Mb
Old 12-18-2013, 1:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
My lower showed up yesterday. It is nice looking and the finish is very good. I'm looking forward to trying this out as soon as the jig gets here.

-Mb
lucky you....while I might get my jig on Saturday, I wont get the lower until Jan 3rd or later.
Mark 14:51 - 52

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep7081
The more I am on CalGuns the more I see why government keeps certain people from owning firearms.
[/size]
Old 12-19-2013, 5:07 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Tomorrow is the big day, the first shipment of easy jigs will go out which will cover all pre-orders up to Nov 29. They're getting anodized overnight and are scheduled to ship in the afternoon. Nobody has slept much here lately, but we owe it to you guys to get these out to you as close as possible to the date we promised. We're doing everything we can to make it happen.

Video and manual will be posted any day now, probably by end of weekend.

EDIT: If you ordered after Nov 29 and your jig is not scheduled to ship tomorrow, don't worry, we haven't forgotten you. We are going to be working through Christmas to make sure all pre-orders placed prior to Dec 6 ship by next Friday.

Visit our store at:
80% Arms
Santa Ana, CA 92704

Last edited by 80% Arms; 12-19-2013 at 5:22 PM..
Old 12-19-2013, 5:15 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks for all the hard work guys!