Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 02-03-2008, 5:11 PM

Talking Stockade In Westminster CA

Just got back from the Stockade in Westminster here in the OC. I was very happy with my visit there and ended up getting a Winchester SX3(Super X3)Field I was helped by David, an older gentleman and he was great and we joked around a lot. David and the other employee's there were very friendly, professional, and were eager to answer all my questions and added all their personal opinions about the SX3 I was going to buy.

I highly recommend you visit this place. They had a huge selection of rifles, pistols, shotguns, and some C&R stuff. They have way more and better stuff than my local Turners and even Bass Pro. I even got a free box of Remington Premier STS Target Loads

Funny thing is, I went to Bass Pro in Rancho yesterday(saturday), and they only had the SX3 in synthetic. I really wanted to hold a wood model but everywhere I went, including Turners and other gun shops, none of them had a SX3 in wood. To my surprise, the closest gun shop from my house had one I wasted all that gas money to go to Bass Pro which I could have used for the gun

Oh well, as of now, the 10 days begins!

Last edited by Rugerman; 02-03-2008 at 5:34 PM..
Old 02-03-2008, 5:25 PM
Veteran Member

No issues from my visits there. Fowler's in Orange also provides good service and really fast PPTs. Last time I was in, it took about 10-15 minutes max for a PPT and I don't get any sighs or bs for it just friendly service.
Old 02-03-2008, 6:52 PM

I have to say that I've visited the Stockade for roughly 20 years (I grew up around there) and have NEVER got anything but the high hand from their employees.

I'm glad you had a great experience - maybe they've realized that they need to be nice to justify their higher then nearly everyone else prices.

They've always had a good selection.

Jeff
Old 02-03-2008, 7:03 PM
Calguns Addict

I've never bought a firearm from them but I do buy reloading components from them or Fowler's all the time.
Old 02-03-2008, 7:15 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I like the place, never had any problems there, they also have the best selection of firearms maybe in all of Socal. Some folk complain about them charging higher prices, I that comes the Walmart mentality people. I don't mind paying a bit more for better selection and service, it's nice to have a well stocked local gunshop.
Old 02-04-2008, 4:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankerman View Post
I like the place, never had any problems there, they also have the best selection of firearms maybe in all of Socal. Some folk complain about them charging higher prices, I that comes the Walmart mentality people. I don't mind paying a bit more for better selection and service, it's nice to have a well stocked local gunshop.
Definitely true about the Walmart mentality people. Not everthing in life is cheap and you have to accept that. Also very true about them being one of SoCals best stocked gun stores. Walmart sells the SX3 Field for $799 but most Wally World employees I have experienced don't even know they sell guns in their Sporting Goods corner as special orders

I paid $999.95 for my SX3 and I have no complaints at all. Definetly one of the better guns shops in the OC. Honestly the most professional and sociable employees I have ever ran across. They are all laid back and relaxed and joke a lot, unlike Turners employees. I NEVER felt pushed/rushed into buying a particular gun, or told exagerated stories about the guns so that I would buy it. David probably must have taken roughly 10 guns off the shelf for me to compare hand and hand each gun.

If you are going to buy a gun at Turners, I would definetly check out the Stockade before you buy anything. Definetly worth the slightly higher prices and gas money(for some of you). They have all the guns you could want. I would estimate there being atleast 500 guns with handguns included. Small place but BIG inventory.

Another example is at Turners, they only had the SX3 in duck blind cammo for $1175, and with the attitude they gave me, they literally were saying to me, "take it or leave" They didn't ask me once the whole time in the store if I wanted to order a SX3 in a different model.

Last edited by Rugerman; 02-04-2008 at 4:52 PM..