Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more If it locks up, carries, fits on to or cleans up your firearms, discuss it here.

Old 11-10-2013, 7:49 PM

Default Off Duty Carry Holster Glock 26

What would you recommend as the best off duty carry holster for a Glock 26. I would like to carry in a IWB holster. Also, any suggestions for a good ankle holster?

Thanks guys
Old 11-11-2013, 12:36 AM
I need a LIFE!!

consider the oldschool Alessi ankle holster made during the lifetime of the late gunleather guru, Lou Alessi. one can sometimes be found on the online auction circuit. i recommend the variant with retention strap that incorporates the pull-through snap closure. this type of snap closure does not require fiddling with the snap to unholster the weapon, but rather the user pulls the weapon from the holster with snap closed; by doing so, the snap releases and the weapon is unholstered. this is the same pull-through snap that Lou Alessi used with the IWB Hideout holster, Bodyguard shoulder holster and others.

the Alessi open-top ankle holster without retention strap is known for good retention of handgun, as is the ankle holster with retention strap. both styles are known for comfort, and the Alessi ankle holster is considered by many to be the standard by which others are measured. the Alessi ankle holster is well worth whatever effort is required to obtain one.
Old 11-11-2013, 8:14 AM

IWB..Crossbred holsters.
Old 11-11-2013, 9:25 AM

If you don't mind AIWB carry, which is quite comfortable and very concealable, try the HSP INCOG Holster. I carry a Glock 19 and a spare mag (with the mag caddy) with no problems.

As far as ankle holsters are concerned, I have no experience with them so I cannot help you on that.
Old 11-11-2013, 1:37 PM

I recently picked up a crossbreed IWB with combat cut and although I haven't wore it for an extended period (haven't applied for a CCW until we move next year) it feels quite comfortable wearing at around 4 o'clock. this is with a Glock 19 and is nearly not felt even with sitting down. there is a little bit of a wait, but I was able to find a good deal on eBay. if you don't want to wait, Alien Gear Holsters makes a similar product to crossbreed and is less.
Old 11-11-2013, 5:03 PM

All you guys that have tried and said that the Crossbreed Holster feels good should try this holster http://www.stealthgearusa.com/ I'm not saying that the Crossbreed is not good but what I'm saying is that the Stealthgear is way better designed! check out their website.
Old 11-11-2013, 8:55 PM
I need a LIFE!!

if you really want to go off the radar with a deep concealment setup you might want to consider the now obsolete Bianchi Ranger Belly Band. this is another one that you'd have to search for on the online auction circuit. you may not want to use the belly band in preference to an IWB or other concealment holster, but rather to employ it when the use of a more conventional type holster is not viable.

the Bianchi has a velcro assist closure on a rig that is made of a hearty nylon and usually comes in a tan color. it has numerous pouches onboard that are assisted with retention straps of nylon with velcro assist closure. the Bianchi will easily accommodate your G26 and 2 extra magazines, along with having a handcuff pouch built into the rig with snap closure. the rig doubles as a money belt and competently stores paper money that can be placed inside a wide opening along the front of the rig. your G26 and magazines will be firmly supported in this lightweight setup. the Bianchi has some flexibility of horizontal and vertical movement to your desired position; this flexibility of placement permits successful use for those with different body styles and weight differences.

if you carry at home, the Bianchi can work for you, regardless of what attire you choose to wear… or not wear; it's use is not dependent on a belt, or for that matter trousers either. you can safely wear the rig while in your pajamas, or less.

the only negative criticism i have for the Bianchi Ranger Belly Band is that the draw is slow, at best. that is because the rig is placed under a shirt and is assisted with retention strap closures to better stabilize the cargo it carries. the retention straps are removable, but i find that they greatly enhance the stability and retention of the weapon and magazines that are housed within.

there are many companies that make their own version of the belly band style rig today, including Galco and Gould & Goodrich. i like the Bianchi the best, and believe that the effort required to obtain one is well worth the benefit of ownership.
Old 11-11-2013, 8:58 PM

looks very similar to the crossbreed. I think I like the fact that it's not leather especially on a hot day. when I was browsing around for a holster, crossbreed just seemed to be the standard. i haven't seen any negative reviews and was lucky to find one on eBay for less than new and this wasn't worn and didn't have a 4-6 wait.
Old 11-11-2013, 9:25 PM
Veteran Member

Check keyholeholsters.com Mitch does great work and you will have your holster in a week unlike cross breed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2013, 9:47 PM
Banned

Last edited by Oliver_Charles; 01-07-2014 at 11:21 PM..
Old 11-12-2013, 7:55 AM

I also use a clipdraw. Works great.
Old 11-12-2013, 7:57 AM

Minotaur MTAC, love it. Wear it in a two o'clock or four o'clock position and you will love it.
Old 11-12-2013, 8:18 AM

Not to thread jack, but who makes the best clip on IWB for the 26 at 3-4 o'clock
Old 11-12-2013, 2:33 PM
Calguns Addict

I own a CTAC for my G19 and forget it's there after a while (I prefer a 4 o'clock position). However, I have heard that the MTAC is even better.

WTB cheap/used AK-Ultimak & MFER.
Old 11-12-2013, 9:18 PM

I have a crossbreed. Feels pretty good. I've heard ravens concealment holster are excellent but never tried them.
Old 11-30-2013, 4:46 PM

Default Crossbreed Appendix or G-Code Incog

I have a crossbreed super tuck that works great for my Glock 19 at the 4 O'Clock position. It still prints a little bit in a polo or tshirt, which is why I want to switch to appendix carry because I think it will conceal better. I was thinking of going with a Glock 26 in the Crossbreed Appendix carry holster (above), but I'm also looking at the G-Code Incog.

Does anyone have experience with both?