Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 01-31-2008, 6:44 PM

Default Crimson Trace & glock 21

I want to put a frickin' laser on my Glock 21, and I like the idea of the Crimson Trace grips. CT website sez nothing about the Glock 21. Am I correct in assuming that anything that fits other standard Glock frames (17, 20, 22, 37, 31) is also good to go on the G21?

TIA.
Old 01-31-2008, 7:35 PM

no

the .45acp and 10mm glocks have a different frame from the rest of the line.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:16 PM

larger frame, won't work...try the TLR-2 light/laser combo, love mine, nice to have the light and laser...you can go to ebay and find rechargeable batteries for the light. I have the Crimson Trace on the G27 frame, it works nice, except everytime you do a chamber check, you hit the activator button the laser. There is no on/off switch on that model.
michaels
Old 01-31-2008, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msousa View Post
larger frame, won't work...try the TLR-2 light/laser combo, love mine, nice to have the light and laser...you can go to ebay and find rechargeable batteries for the light. I have the Crimson Trace on the G27 frame, it works nice, except everytime you do a chamber check, you hit the activator button the laser. There is no on/off switch on that model.
michaels
Do you have any issues with the zero? I had a M-6, and every time I shot it on my Glock 22 the laser would fall out of zero. So I got rid of it. Just curious if the TLR-2 is better.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:53 PM

get the lasermax guide rod laser no need to zero it and nothing is hanging off your weapon.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothergreen View Post
get the lasermax guide rod laser no need to zero it and nothing is hanging off your weapon.
I've wondered about the accuracy of those. How are they?
Old 02-01-2008, 5:01 AM
Veteran Member

Same here- the lasermax does not seem to have an adjustment feature...are they pre-zeroed?
Old 02-01-2008, 8:39 AM

Read this:

http://forums.crimsontrace.com/index.php?topic=33314.0
Old 02-01-2008, 11:22 AM

they generally end up on top of the front sight a little to the left or right. they zero all the lasers at the factory and as long as your using the right laser for the right gun you should be generally on target. they are not a suplement for iron sights. they are for hitting the general area in a self defense situation.
Old 02-01-2008, 5:36 PM

Thanks for the info everyone. I took a look at the Lasermax, it seems like it'll fit the bill. I don't really want to change the external profile of the gun with rail accessories.

Cheers!
Old 02-01-2008, 8:44 PM

Default lasermax

I have a lasermax that was in my g22 - it was used as a duty gun. It held up but really went through the little watch batteries like crazy. You have to replace the slide lever with the longer one that they provide. Then upon your draw, with the trigger finger, push it to the left or right. That activates the laser, which is a blinking laser, not solid like crimson trace. Not a natural movement when doing the draw. The laser used to find a way of turning on by it's self, the battery would then go dead fairly quickly. Had an issue with it once not coming on at all, the company was not helpful in their response. Ended up finding a watch maker who worked on it and brough it back to life. Since it replaces your guide rod, you are putting a plastic guide rod with batteries and a lens in place of your orginal plastic guide rod. I like to replace the stock guide rods with stainless at the very least.

One set of Crimson Trace developed a lens flare, I called them and they sent a next day postage paid evelope and they had it repaired and back to me with extra batteries in about 4 days. Can't beat that for customer service.

The TLR-2 has preformed very well, stays sighted in and is really bright, both the laser and the led light. Only real drawback is you need to get a holster made for the light if you need to carry it on the gun at all times.

michaels
Old 02-02-2008, 10:45 AM

I heard that was a problem with the battery cap. luckily I've never had an issue with mine. however I'm at the point where I need to replace the spring itself. I've had it in my g22 since 05 and I've replaced the batteries once. I disagree that its not a natural position when you draw. if you keep your trigger finger along the side of the pistol while you draw the tip of your finger should be in that little dip where the takedown lever is.
Old 02-02-2008, 8:42 PM

I don't want my trigger finger making any more movements until the brain says go to the trigger. Plus with my short stubby little fingers, I have to shift my grip a little getting the finger extended with enough force to shove the lever over when it was new. It did get easier as time went on. I like the weight of the TLR-2 on the end of the gun, keeps it down in recoil.

michaels
Old 02-02-2008, 8:52 PM

differen't strokes for differen't folks.