Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Veteran Member

Default Interstate intrafamilial transfer

Hi,

Let me start by saying I have read the Calgun wiki on this and understand the rules are as follows:

1. Interstate transfer must go through FFL in buyer's state.
2. Parent to child is roster exempt.
3. Handguns follow 1 in 30 rule.
4. Parent/child can physically bring firearm to FFL and begin transfer. Shipment is also ok.
5. Handguns should be accompanied by a letter of gift, specifying giver's name and relationship (e.g. John Smith, Grandfather), the handgun (e.g. Glock 17 9mm pistol, serial 12345), and the receiver's name (e.g. Little Jimmy Smith). (Copied from calgun wiki)
6. The FFL should use the DROS "Curio/Relic/Exempt" process, and add a comment "27870PC intrafamily transfer". (Copied from calgun wiki)

Two FFL's insist I should use the OPLAW form, one requires the firearm is shipped to them from licensed FFL (refuses walk in from parent), and another says they must be on roster to accept transfer.

Can anyone recommend an FFL (store or home based) in the Fresno/Merced/Modesto/Turlock area that would accept interstate intrafamilial transfer?

Thanks!
Old 11-07-2013, 2:31 PM

I just did an interstate intrafamilial transfer for an off-roster, but california legal, handgun at Golden State Tactical. Robby is the owner and made it simple. Before finding Robby I received 5 different answers from all the local gunships. They didn't understand the law and just didn't want the hassle.
Old 11-07-2013, 2:38 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintroyp View Post
I just did an interstate intrafamilial transfer for an off-roster, but california legal, handgun at Golden State Tactical. Robby is the owner and made it simple. Before finding Robby I received 5 different answers from all the local gunships. They didn't understand the law and just didn't want the hassle.
That is the biggest problem.

The people in Sacto want to make it as hard as possible for these dealers to do business so most just get the basics down and call it good.

WTB: Double Action Revolver in .327 Federal Magnum

For great pizza @ LA Farmer's Markets click on picture