Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 10-30-2013, 7:40 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default Official Marlin Appleseed LTR***Available NOW!

No tricks, only a big treat!

A few weeks ago it was reported on the Appleseed forums that Marlin was putting the new 795 off the shelf ready LTR into production. Well, it's listed on Davidsons Gallery of Guns NOW and available! http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/ Search Item # 70677

Old 10-30-2013, 7:40 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Upgrades (compared to standard 795):
  • Certificate to attend a Project Appleseed clinic ($80 Value *included for a limited time)
  • Tech Sights, TSM-200 ($75 Value)
  • Extra magazine (2 total, $12-18 value)
  • GI sling and swivels ($20-25 value)
  • Special engraving "Appleseed LTR"
  • Supporting an important organization and mfg doing good work and getting a solid training rifle out of the box (Priceless)

Here's a good write up from marlinforum: The Appleseed Marlin 795 Liberty Training Rifle
Quote:
Designed hand in hand with input from the RWVA, this special edition rifle comes with two magazines, a canvas sling with swivels (every marksmanship advocate will explain the importance of a sling), and adjustable TSM200 Tech Sights.

Another write up from Bob Owens: Marlin/Appleseed LTR announced
Quote:
We’re fortunate that Marlin really “gets” Appleseed as a mission and grasps the reasoning behind the rifle, and it didn’t hurt that one of the Marlin employees working on the Marlin 795-based rifle through the conceptual stages is himself an Appleseeder.
There's probably lots more on the appleseed forum that I couldn't possibly link to: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php

Last edited by readysetgo; 11-01-2013 at 8:26 PM..
Old 10-30-2013, 8:02 AM
CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator

Sweet
http://www.oniva.com/upload/204/Signature_copy_small.jpg
In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.
Old 10-30-2013, 8:05 AM
Veteran Member

Very cool. Get on board ruger!
Old 10-30-2013, 8:29 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseV8 View Post
Very cool. Get on board ruger!
That just might happen too!!! Go and vote for Gary from Michigan here: http://www.ruger.com/dataProcess/1022_50/

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePeople View Post
Ruger is a running a contest for the 50th anniversary of the 10/22, seeking the best (and most popular) design for a special edition.

They've filtered the entries down to 10, and one of them is a Liberty Training Rifle design by an Appleseed instructor, mac66. If you'd like see this design produced, go to:
http://www.ruger.com/micros/1022_50/index.html
and vote for 'Gary from Michigan', once per day!

It's a nice design, overcomes many of the limits of the OOB 10/22, using parts that Ruger already makes. And having it in the market would also light a fire under Marlin!

Vote early and often!

Last edited by readysetgo; 10-30-2013 at 9:05 AM..
Old 10-30-2013, 8:35 AM
CGSSA Associate, Ventura Co.
CGN Contributor

Nice find...Voted for Gary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 10-30-2013, 8:48 AM
Head Janitor

It's about time one of the major manufacturers did this.

Gary's looks nice but Tyler from Washington and Chris from Tenn. have what I've been wanting, a take down with optional barrels!
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CGF.
Old 10-30-2013, 8:54 AM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

That is awesome. I keep meaning to sign up for appleseed.

sent from my damn tappy device...

10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!
Old 10-30-2013, 9:02 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
It's about time one of the major manufacturers did this.

Gary's looks nice but Tyler from Washington and Chris from Tenn. have what I've been wanting, a take down with optional barrels!
No Kes! Vote Gary. I did not give any other options! Do it for Appleseed.
Old 10-30-2013, 9:34 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfields View Post
That is awesome. I keep meaning to sign up for appleseed.

sent from my damn tappy device...
Do it! You wont regret it. Ive been to two, and am going again this year. Cant wait!
Old 10-30-2013, 10:59 AM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Poor Joe...
Old 10-31-2013, 7:19 PM

Anyway to confirm these come with the certificate? If yes I am going to place an order ASAP for 2!
Old 10-31-2013, 7:28 PM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsapata View Post
Anyway to confirm these come with the certificate? If yes I am going to place an order ASAP for 2!
Yes, the Marlin LTR does come with a certificate good for a weekend at any Appleseed.

But note it's a limited time offer. I don't know when they'll stop including Appleseed Gift Certificates. Maybe end of the year?

Ask me about Appleseed! Send a PM or see me in the Appleseed subforum.
Old 10-31-2013, 8:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by as_rocketman View Post
Yes, the Marlin LTR does come with a certificate good for a weekend at any Appleseed.

But note it's a limited time offer. I don't know when they'll stop including Appleseed Gift Certificates. Maybe end of the year?
Part of my concern is the description on Gallery of Guns does not mention the certificate and the cut off date is not clear. They have had these listed for months but OOS. I was trying to find contact info for GoG to call and confirm, decided to check the forums and possibly post my question here. That's when I saw this thread. I almost order in case someone had ordered last night but still don't know on certificate.

Last edited by Jsapata; 10-31-2013 at 8:09 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 10-31-2013, 8:28 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Quote:

I just saw a report on the AS forum that someone who has one in hand did NOT receive the certificate.

Stand by for more info, not sure what happened there, they were intended to have the certificate from what I understand (limited time as stated). I'm sure we'll get more info and it will get resolved.
Old 10-31-2013, 8:34 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Part of my concern is the description on Gallery of Guns does not mention the certificate and the cut off date is not clear. They have had these listed for months but OOS. I was trying to find contact info for GoG to call and confirm, decided to check the forums and possibly post my question here. That's when I saw this thread. I almost order in case someone had ordered last night but still don't know on certificate.
Can't confirm the cert yet but the reason they were listed and OOS for months is that the production was delayed and did not start until recently (reported start was beginning of Oct.). The lasted report via AS forum from Marlin was 500 units were shipped to Davidsons, soon after loaded into inventory.

Several reports of orders placed and one confirmed in hand right now (minus the cert as mentioned above).

They are real and in stock NOW. I wouldn't panic about the cert. just yet though, give it a bit and wait for some more info.
Old 10-31-2013, 8:35 PM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by readysetgo View Post
I just saw a report on the AS forum that someone who has one in hand did NOT receive the certificate.

Stand by for more info, not sure what happened there, they were intended to have the certificate from what I understand (limited time as stated). I'm sure we'll get more info and it will get resolved.
Well, the ad says it comes with a cert for a free shoot, so we will make sure the fellow gets his free shoot. No need to worry about that.

We did a similar promo with Turner's Outdoorsman here in SoCal in 2011. This is a bigger deal, obviously, but not so big that we can't take care of the occasional glitch like this. Anyone experiencing this firsthand, contact me or one of the several other Appleseed shoot bosses on this forum, and we'll get it squared away with National.

Old 10-31-2013, 8:53 PM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Just to clarify, we are NOT past the cut-off date yet. The shipment to Gallery of Guns was among the first. This product has only been in the wild for a few days.

I'll update when I get something definite -- whether they changed it to a mail-in thing or what -- but regardless, we will honor the offer up until its formally announced expiration date, whether your certificate showed up on the first try or not.

Old 10-31-2013, 9:12 PM

[QUOTE=as_rocketman;12667778]Just to clarify, we are NOT past the cut-off date yet. The shipment to Gallery of Guns was among the first. This product has only been in the wild for a few days.

Inbound PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 9:23 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Well, the ad says it comes with a cert for a free shoot, so we will make sure the fellow gets his free shoot. No need to worry about that.

We did a similar promo with Turner's Outdoorsman here in SoCal in 2011. This is a bigger deal, obviously, but not so big that we can't take care of the occasional glitch like this. Anyone experiencing this firsthand, contact me or one of the several other Appleseed shoot bosses on this forum, and we'll get it squared away with National.
I remember that special. I got my Marlin 795 just because of the free Appleseed. When I picked it up outta jail they ran out of certificates and said they were going to mail it to me. Never got it. Partially my fault I failed to follow up with Turners to get the certificate.

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you." - Randy Paush, Carnegie Mellon University

Old 10-31-2013, 9:37 PM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky-Ray View Post
I remember that special. I got my Marlin 795 just because of the free Appleseed. When I picked it up outta jail they ran out of certificates and said they were going to mail it to me. Never got it. Partially my fault I failed to follow up with Turners to get the certificate.
Yeah, but we took care of you anyway. One of the nice things about being an all-volunteer non-profit is that there is absolutely no corporate influence keeping us from doing the right thing.

As I recall you're still about three points shy of that Rifleman score... wink wink.

Old 11-01-2013, 7:05 PM
CGSSA Leader

Exclamation Mystery Solved!

So we've closed the loop with Marlin and Davidson's.

What happened is the first wave of certificates was shipped "with" the boxes instead of "in" the boxes. Not everyone handling sales knew to look for the certificates, thinking they were already in the boxes.

This problem is being fixed at the source, and those who missed out are getting replacement certificates. For those who already have rifles in hand sans certificate, check with your FFL. Those who didn't get one are getting replacements from Davidson's or from their distributor. With luck this problem will be fixed for all subsequent shipments.

If anyone is unable to secure a replacement, send me a PM. I anticipate there will be one or two that fall through the cracks. If so, I'll connect you to our industry liaison and we'll get you fixed up pronto. Appleseed pays its debts.

Sorry for the hiccough. Product launches are fun!

Old 11-01-2013, 9:09 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Yeah, but we took care of you anyway. One of the nice things about being an all-volunteer non-profit is that there is absolutely no corporate influence keeping us from doing the right thing.

As I recall you're still about three points shy of that Rifleman score... wink wink.
I think I'm a few more points than that away from Rifleman....

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you." - Randy Paush, Carnegie Mellon University

Old 12-14-2013, 10:19 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Mine's @ the FFL NOW! Will DROS next Friday. Stoked!

FYI, Appleseed Certificates are on sale now too. 20% off Project Appleseed Gift Cert. *Ends 12-31-13