Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 01-29-2008, 1:59 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viras View Post
I'm not a troll.

I was under the impression that manufacturing a umbrella gun is illegal.
i may have missed the episode where they made an umbrella fire a cartridge

could you tell me in which episode did they make an umbrella fire a firearm cartridge

cause i saw one where they made an airgun umbrella but an airgun is not a firearm

just because somthing is a gun doesnt make it a firearm

is a squirtgun a gun
is a nailgun a gun
is a staple gun a gun

if so are stores selling high capacity feed devices in the nail strips that hold more than 10

ive seen some nailguns with some pretty high capacity disintegrating belts

so lets make sure we keep our apples and oranges straight

sorry i just don't appreciate sensational type posts they make my blood boil like what i hear from the disinformed media

Last edited by bohoki; 01-29-2008 at 2:01 PM..
Old 01-29-2008, 2:19 PM
Veteran Member

I wonder if I can find a C&R umbrella airgun in .25 ACP. I know Jame Bond had one at one point in his career so it should be legal because it was on TV once and the police were watching that episode...

Justin
Old 01-29-2008, 2:22 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccobro View Post
Please, do go on.

Justin
Everything flamethrower is illegal in california. sux
Old 01-29-2008, 2:27 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I wonder if I can find a C&R umbrella airgun in .25 ACP. I know Jame Bond had one at one point in his career so it should be legal because it was on TV once and the police were watching that episode...

Justin
Wouldn't need to be C&R if on an AOW. Form 1 to build one yourself or Form 4 to buy one.
Old 01-29-2008, 2:39 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronHorrocks View Post
Everything flamethrower is illegal in california. sux
yea they were legal a few years ago somehow they sneaked in a new law that bans flame projectors that go further than 7 feet

i think it was right around the same time techtv showed how to make a super soaker full of alcohol into a flame thrower
Old 01-29-2008, 3:17 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Quote:
Justin
Wouldn't need to be C&R if on an AOW. Form 1 to build one yourself or Form 4 to buy one.
Sorry, forgot to put my J/K after the grinning smiley so all would know it was a JOKE. airgun... in .25ACP... N/M.

Since flamethrowers weren't ever registered, can I just buy a "rebuild kit' for the one I had hidden under my bed for the last, um, Decade??

Justin
Old 01-29-2008, 3:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohoki View Post
i may have missed the episode where they made an umbrella fire a cartridge

could you tell me in which episode did they make an umbrella fire a firearm cartridge

cause i saw one where they made an airgun umbrella but an airgun is not a firearm

is a squirtgun a gun
is a nailgun a gun
is a staple gun a gun

if so are stores selling high capacity feed devices in the nail strips that hold more than 10

ive seen some nailguns with some pretty high capacity disintegrating belts

so lets make sure we keep our apples and oranges straight

sorry i just don't appreciate sensational type posts they make my blood boil like what i hear from the disinformed media
Know what? I misread ARTICLE 2. My bad, I was mistaken.

UNLAWFUL CARRYING AND
POSSESSION OF WEAPONS
12020. (a) Any person in this state who does
any of the following is punishable by imprisonment in a
county jail not exceeding one year or in the state prison:
(1) Manufactures or causes to be manufactured,
imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or
exposes for sale, or who gives, lends, or possesses any
cane gun or wallet gun, any undetectable firearm, any
firearm which is not immediately recognizable as a
firearm, any camouflaging firearm container, any
ammunition which contains or consists of any flechette
dart, any bullet containing or carrying an explosive
agent, any ballistic knife, any multiburst trigger
activator, any nunchaku, any short-barreled shotgun,
any short-barreled rifle, any metal knuckles, any belt
buckle knife, any leaded cane, any zip gun, any
shuriken, any unconventional pistol, any lipstick case
knife, any cane sword, any shobi-zue, any air gauge
knife, any writing pen knife, any metal military practice
handgrenade or metal replica handgrenade, or any
instrument or weapon of the kind commonly known as a
blackjack, slungshot, billy, sandclub, sap, or sandbag.

I thought that their umbrella airgun qualified as an undetectable firearm, or a firearm which is not immediately recognizable as a
firearm, but as you clearly pointed out, I was mistaken.

So I'd like to apologize for my stupid newbie mistake. I will never again confuse an airgun with a firearm, so help me God - may my firstborn be struck with the plague if that ever happens again.
Old 01-29-2008, 3:22 PM

I don't know if you guys noticed this or not, but the new season shows a new blast containment chamber at their warehouse. If they can somehow get a blast container ok'd in the bay area, I'm pretty sure they can get anything they need signed off.
Old 01-29-2008, 3:23 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Sorry, forgot to put my J/K after the grinning smiley so all would know it was a JOKE. airgun... in .25ACP... N/M.
Doh, missed that little word air.
Old 01-29-2008, 3:48 PM
Calguns Addict

Just a little FYI- if an unconventional gun, SBR, etc., is classified as a C&R by the feds, you can own it in CA. There's an exemption for things like broomhandle pistols with stocks, etc- Bwiese found it when we were discussing broomhandle stocks and the like.

If you want to buy anything weird and cool though (palm squeezer, glove gun, etc.- even a stocked broomhandle) that's C&R listed, expect to sell a kidney to buy it.

-Dave
Old 01-29-2008, 3:56 PM
Banned

Default join

Quote:
Originally Posted by viras View Post
In that case, sign me up - I'm the producer, director, writer, and star of many, MANY youtube clips.
join the director's union, sag, writer's union (then u can go on strike) and who ever handles the prop union...then you can have all the toys you want.

joking, but I wonder if that is possible?

I know you can become a company and then dont have to comply with all the NFA laws for a fully automatic weapon.
Old 01-29-2008, 4:15 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I know you can become a company and then dont have to comply with all the NFA laws for a fully automatic weapon.
Corporation. But you have to file taxes quarterly and when dissolved the "assets" have to be broken up too.

Forming a "trust" is the easiest way. Do a search on Ar15.com and you get DAYS of reading. Really simple and cheap to set one up. Quicken willmaker, notorize papers(for free at your bank), and file your form (1 or 4) with the ATF (where apllicable... see Bweise's input on CA legal stuff).

Quote:
Just a little FYI- if an unconventional gun, SBR, etc., is classified as a C&R by the feds, you can own it in CA. There's an exemption for things like broomhandle pistols with stocks, etc- Bwiese found it when we were discussing broomhandle stocks and the like.
Dave- Did a sticky or complete thread get made on the exact requirements for these "Tax stamped toys"? I was following one of the threads but it seemed to just drop off the radar. Must have missed the "part II" to it. A sticky would be perfect!

Justin

Last edited by Roccobro; 01-29-2008 at 4:17 PM..
Old 01-29-2008, 4:26 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by saki302 View Post

If you want to buy anything weird and cool though (palm squeezer, glove gun, etc.- even a stocked broomhandle) that's C&R listed, expect to sell a kidney to buy it.

-Dave
I don't know if you've seen this thread, http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=82693 , but in it there is info about C&R SBS/SBRs and how the ATF has approved a Form 1 in CA for a SBS on a C&R shotgun with no CA DOJ permit.

Quote:
Corporation. But you have to file taxes quarterly and when dissolved the "assets" have to be broken up too.

Forming a "trust" is the easiest way. Do a search on Ar15.com and you get DAYS of reading. Really simple and cheap to set one up. Quicken willmaker, notorize papers(for free at your bank), and file your form (1 or 4) with the ATF (where apllicable... see Bweise's input on CA legal stuff).
+1 on the trust. Worked just fine for a SBS. Trust/Corp won't let you get past CA regulations for full-auto.

Quote:
Dave- Did a sticky or complete thread get made on the exact requirements for these "Tax stamped toys"? I was following one of the threads but it seemed to just drop off the radar. Must have missed the "part II" to it. A sticky would be perfect!

Justin
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=82693 is the thread you may be thinking of.
Old 01-29-2008, 4:33 PM

Thats a good question. I was wondering as well about some of the stuff they do. I guess they always have quite the participation with local LEO/Fire etc so they wont get shut down. Gotta love the MythBuster!
Old 01-29-2008, 4:40 PM
Veteran Member

ke6guj- Your the bomb.

Justin
Old 01-29-2008, 5:00 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohoki View Post

is a squirtgun a gun
is a nailgun a gun
is a staple gun a gun
What about a Hilti concrete nail gun? It fires a .22 cal blank round, which in turn propells a projectile. No DROS, BG check, waiting period...nothing!

That should mess with your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
And yes, this IS gun school.
Welcome to class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdsmchs View Post
There is life outside of Calguns
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPirate View Post
stop looking to the internet to tell you everything you should do.....sack up and just do what you want!!!!!
Old 01-29-2008, 5:43 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megavolt121 View Post
I don't know if you guys noticed this or not, but the new season shows a new blast containment chamber at their warehouse. If they can somehow get a blast container ok'd in the bay area, I'm pretty sure they can get anything they need signed off.
is there a law prohibiting a blast container now? and what is the difference between a blast container and a metal bucket?
Old 01-29-2008, 7:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
Guys, don't be too bitter. They are pushing the envelope here in CA, they seem like nice guys, they do cool experiments, and they do a lot of these experiments with guns and explosives. So, I'm envious, but definitely not angry that they get to do these things.
Seeing as my former neighbor was arrested and charged with felony manufacturing of explosive devices, held on an extremely HIGH bail for almost a month until he plead to a misdemeanor of the same charge, he'd probably be more bitter than I am

Yes, that's right, he was guilty of manufacturing "dry ice bombs" just like Tory Belleci (I believe) did in the M5 parking lot. True, he was doing it for fun and not "science", but I think he would find the difference very marginal. Last I saw in the PC there is no exemption for making dry ice bombs for cool experiments on a popular TV show. You'll note that anytime they are working with real explosives only the "experts" (I'm assuming the licensed credentialed authorites) handle them.
Old 01-29-2008, 7:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerTroop View Post
What about a Hilti concrete nail gun? It fires a .22 cal blank round, which in turn propells a projectile. No DROS, BG check, waiting period...nothing!

That should mess with your head
I have a pneumatic framing nailer that does the job nicely. While working at my dads on his roof, I decided to give it a go, at about 10 yards I was putting 16 penny nails through cedar fencing. Some went half way, some stuck up to the head and at least one punched a hole through the board and kept going. Pretty accurate too.