Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Gunsmithing & How To
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Gunsmithing & How To Pro, Amateur & WECSOG and Tutorials, Guides & OLL Build Instructions

Old 10-25-2013, 10:38 AM
Veteran Member

Default how to: make Tavor trigger WAY lighter for FREE!

Not sure if you guys know about this, but there is a spring inside the Tavor sear mechanism that makes the trigger pull VERY heavy. This spring supposedly helps the trigger return, under harsh conditions . However, many people have removed this spring without any issues. After removing the spring, the trigger pull goes from 11.5 to just about 8 lbs ! . This is a HUGE difference. Once you do this FREE mod, you can always reinstall the spring, to return it back to stock. You will notice a HUGE difference though. Here is how to remove the pesky spring:

1) Make sure the chamber is clear. Remove the magazine.
2) push the sear pins out (use a screw driver if you must)
3) swing out the black stop lever

4) Pull the sear down and out.

5) Now remove the little spring circle clip (pictured with arrow) with needle nose pliers. The spring itself will still be attached on one side.

6) Now remove the roll pin that holds in the spring. Tap is out with a small punch and hammer.

7) Now re-install the sear mechanism (without the pin and spring) in reverse order! And you are done ! ENJOY YOUR NEW 8 POUND TRIGGER PULL !!

Note: I am not liable for any damage you cause to your gun. This MIGHT void your warranty. Others have removed this spring with zero issues, thousands of rounds later. The spring can always be re-installed to return your gun back to stock config.

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason
Old 10-25-2013, 2:47 PM

NutnFancy posted a video where he took his Tavor trigger group to his local gunsmith and he open it up, pulled a metal piece out and started to file off some of the material. The Gunsmith was offering the trigger job treatment as a service. Nutnfancy recorded the whole thing. I watched it, without really saving it or caring because I never thought I would buy one. Now that I have one in the mail to my FFL, I wanted to find the video and see if I could replicate the same operation. Regrettably, the video is now private. Did anyone else watch the video or remember what the gunsmith did. Here is proof that the video was submitted:
https://gpodder.net/podcast/uploads-...or-trigger-job

Any ideas, there may be another mod we can do. Of course, filing off material might void a warranty but I can just see you going to buy another replacement piece, put it in, and then send it for warranty work. I'm not worried about voiding the warranty though some seem to be. I built my own AR, the only warranty work there will be , will be done by myself.

-Torrentuser
Old 10-25-2013, 3:34 PM
CGSSA OC Chapter Leader

Yep - I did it before and IT WORKS!
Old 10-25-2013, 10:48 PM

With removing the trigger reset spring, some folks have reported that the trigger occasionally doesn't reset; something to keep in mind.

Giessele & Timney are supposedly working on a trigger pack, Giessele being a 2-stage trigger much like the pull weights with their SSA. There's also a guy on BullpupForum who making a trigger pack with a much reduced trigger pull, and has made pre-production ones; getting close to a production model.

Info here:
http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=4508.0
http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=3194.0

Looking forward to installing one of these when they become available.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:44 PM

First thing I'll do is remove that trigger spring. If I encounter any issues I'll post but I haven't seen any threads on it... So far I have only seen hearsay from people who don't own a Tavor.
-Torrentuser
Old 10-26-2013, 1:04 PM

I'm going to try this mod/spring removal myself and see how it works out. Though looking forward to a 2-stage aftermarket trigger.

More info about the trigger mod:
http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=2558.0
Old 10-27-2013, 8:02 AM
Veteran Member

best part is the mod is free and reversible. If you don't like it you can always put it back to stock. But so far the difference feels amazing !

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason
Old 12-10-2013, 8:26 AM
Banned

My issue with the gun is wysiwyg, and your are stuck with it the way it comes. I have changed my AR about 6x getting it just right and dialled in for my size. Also I dislike crappy triggers with a passion. Every gun i own has a G trigger. But thats me, if you like it thats all that matters. Come back and give us a 1yr-owners report. Kinda-like being married for 5yrs, the newness wears off when the wife starts saying NO! Luckily i am GTG in the wife dept.