Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Gunsmithing & How To
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Gunsmithing & How To Pro, Amateur & WECSOG and Tutorials, Guides & OLL Build Instructions

Old 10-21-2013, 7:49 PM

Default My review of an EP Lower Poly 80%

I'm posting this here since I didn't want to "crap" on the EPLowers FOR SALE thread. Hoping this is the right place.

I picked up an EPLower poly 80% a few months back and just tooled up over the weekend to get started. I did only a few passes with my X-Y table equipped drills press before I realized I needed to print up another copy of the instructions and decided to revisit the EPLowers thread in the Marketplace.

After catching up on the last few pages of that thread, I decided to check on some of the things/complaints mentioned there.

The first complaint was the alignment of the take down pin holes. Sure enough, the rear take down pin hole isn't centered to the recess contour of the lower's outer surface. The pin will go in, but it's right up against that recess contour. Not a big deal but I think I'll take the end mill bit and work the edge of that contour so it fits a little more freely in there. Might not be necessary but odd that they chose to do it that way.

The other consistent complaint was how they mated up with the upper. I fitted two different uppers to it, a PSA and a Daniel Defense. Both took some "persuading" to get the pins through and with both there was a tiny gap between the upper and the lower. Not huge, but I was able to get a folded (4 thick) piece of paper between the upper and lower for both the uppers. It will clearly work but isn't as tight as any of the 7075 or 6061 80% I've helped build out in the past.

The only other poly lower I've ever seen was a buddy's ATI that I helped him build out. The takedown pins on it were a little snug and took some 'helping' as well. But the contours of the recessed areas didn't interfere at all with the pins like they do on the EP. Also, I have to say that the overall surface finish of the ATI was much smoother and cleaner looking than the EP.

Only reason I bring up the ATI is that I'm assuming the manufacturing process is similar. I would expect the dimensional tolerences to be about the same, which they seem to be. I think the issue with the takedown pin I encountered is a design flaw. I'd also think the surface finishes would be similar, but the ATI seems to have a clear edge there.

WTH? I've had my hands on probably 5 different lowers from RRA, Stagg, JD Machine, etc. and never have I seen a gap between the upper and lower like this. I wonder how much hot gas will come out of that while I'm shooting?

And the thing with the take down pin clearly points to poor quality and design.

I know there are some other poly 80% lowers out now and I'd be curious to see if they're a little tighter in the tolerance area and fit/finish area. But when I got this one, it was the only one I found on the market.

Anyway, that's just one dude's experience so far. Maybe it'll be helpful to someone.

Here's a picture of the right side rear take down pin hole. You can see it's not centered to the recess in the contour.

Here's the pin inserted. You can see it doesn't quite make it in.

Here's the lower mated to a PSA basic M4 type upper. You can see the gap between the two of them.

Last edited by Nate74; 10-23-2013 at 2:32 PM..
Old 10-21-2013, 8:27 PM

It was a full price one. I've done some cuts so I don't know what that means for an exchange tho...

Old 10-21-2013, 8:38 PM
Veteran Member

bought two blem units @ 35 a pop, hope to get them in this week!
Old 10-21-2013, 8:39 PM

Thanks for posting.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious in the picture that that hole is off center...

Thanks for the heads up.

Have you heard anything about Poly80 ? That's the one I've been thinking about ordering.

Last edited by Sullivan; 10-21-2013 at 8:44 PM..
Old 10-22-2013, 6:57 AM

I sent them the pics I posted here and asked if it was possible that I just got a bad unit from a bad batch. I was able to see on my credit card when I ordered, though I'm sure the receipt is long gone.

Yes, I ordered a Poly80 probably 6 months ago... still don't have a product in my hand. The other ones I think are now available are the James Madison 80% Poly.

Last edited by Nate74; 10-22-2013 at 7:42 AM..
Old 10-22-2013, 2:01 PM

Just heard back from EP. They claimed that different uppers and lowers mate together differently. Interesting since both the DD and PSA uppers fit fine on a JD Machine, RRA, and two different aluminum 80% lowers perfectly.

Regarding the rear take down pin, here's what they had to say, "With the rear take down pin it should fit and is off center if the recessed hole for quick pin installation."

Well, clearly you can tell from the picture that the pin DOES NOT fit.

I asked point blank if they were saying they was stuck with them, but I think I know what directly this is going.

Pretty poor business practice I'd say. Maybe time to visit their For Sale thread as well... or will that get me banned or something?

Old 10-22-2013, 2:31 PM

This company is a joke. They pass off defective lowers as cosmetic blems. Then deny warranty claims. They keep saying they are running out of blems and it won't be an issue in the futre. Only to dump another load of defective/dangerous products on the market. I'm sure the inevitable lawsuit will see them go the way of the dinosaurs.
Old 10-22-2013, 2:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBrooklyn View Post
This company is a joke. They pass off defective lowers as cosmetic blems. Then deny warranty claims. They keep saying they are running out of blems and it won't be an issue in the futre. Only to dump another load of defective/dangerous products on the market. I'm sure the inevitable lawsuit will see them go the way of the dinosaurs.
Eek... well, I just talked to Chris and he says I can ship my lower back for an exchange. The gap didn't seem to concern him but the take down pin that didn't fit seemed to be justification for an exchange. Though I don't know if the next one will be any better or not since it appears to be a poor design, not a one-off mistake in manufacturing.

Old 10-22-2013, 7:59 PM

Any rifle action that is made from any type of plastic without a steel subframe will last you about a few thousand rounds if you are lucky, they either crack, get distored or warp over time.

Unlike pistol rounds the rifle rounds are under much higher pressure and forces which plastics can not handle because of how thin the lower walls are. If a company could make a long lasting and fully safe plastic lower without the need for any metal inserts they would be out there in mass made by every major gun maker, remember major gun makers are in it for the profit, plastic much cheaper than metal when making stuff.

The only reason you are seeing plastic lowers all over the place is because of a simple idea that has been around since Adam and Eve ..... GREED.

Ask any of those manufacturers how long they warranty there lowers and if the warranty is bonded by a independent company, bet you they will all say "warran what? ahh yea sure we warranty the lower, yea like for a long time to ... yea thats right"

Last edited by Gunsmith Dan; 10-22-2013 at 8:05 PM..
Old 10-22-2013, 8:29 PM
Veteran Member

I just don't get it, when you can buy a mil. Spec for $80.
Old 10-23-2013, 7:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dls View Post
I just don't get it, when you can buy a mil. Spec for $80.
Ever stand in front of your yard after you've spent two hours mowing, edging, weeding, etc? Ever driven your car around the block after changing the oil, washing and waxing it? Ever hand your wife a jewelry box you've spent the last 4 months in your wood shop building?

For many, including me, the pride in ownership is exponentially higher when you've done it yourself. I don't have the ability to do my own milling on a 7075 80% so a Poly was really my only option.

Old 10-23-2013, 3:20 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate74 View Post
Ever stand in front of your yard after you've spent two hours mowing, edging, weeding, etc? Ever driven your car around the block after changing the oil, washing and waxing it? Ever hand your wife a jewelry box you've spent the last 4 months in your wood shop building?

For many, including me, the pride in ownership is exponentially higher when you've done it yourself. I don't have the ability to do my own milling on a 7075 80% so a Poly was really my only option.
I understand the DIY part, I have two 80% myself.
Old 10-24-2013, 8:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dls View Post
I understand the DIY part, I have two 80% myself.
I hate to admit it, but even with the flaws in the product, I'm enjoying the process and am still thinking I can end up with a functional lower. Won't be a tight looking as some of my others, but as I watch the shavings fly it's still pretty cool.

Old 10-24-2013, 8:21 PM
Calguns Addict

I just got my "blemished" lower in hand and tried it against several uppers. The fit was sloppy, but not worse than some inexpensive (OK, cheap) aluminum lowers that I've purchased in the past. None of those lowers allowed any gas/debris to exit during firing that I ever noticed. This might not be the prettiest lower I've ever done, but I'm pretty sure that it'll be functional as long as I do my part when milling it. At $35, it will certainly be the least expensive (OK, OK... cheapest!) lower I've ever done. And I don't even have to have it anodized!

Now I just gotta send in my jig's side plates so that they can be drilled and an insert installed for the selector hole buy a new set of side plates and top plate (my jig predated the ATFE decision that having this hole drilled constituted an >80% receiver).

Last edited by Grumpyoldretiredcop; 10-25-2013 at 10:44 PM..
Old 10-24-2013, 11:31 PM

I just got my "blemished" desert sand 80% lower today. The rear take down pin hole in mine is like the OP's, but worse! The edge of the hole nearly touches the edge of the recessed circle for the head of the take down pin at between the 1 and 2 o'clock position. If I mated it to an upper, it will have a bigger gap yet than what Nate74's shows. I don't have an upper on hand to try it yet, but I'm almost certain that both take down pins will not fit simultaneously. This is not a cosmetic blemish, but an outright manufacturing and quality control flaw.

I believe that this company is making a practice of passing off their QC rejects as "cosmetic blemished" items to not only cover its costs of production, but still make a profit off its trash. At $35, they're still making money. These are after all, "incomplete" products. There is no way in hell a 100% lower maker would let a lower with a take down pin hole this way off leave its factory.

That said, I'm not terribly pissed off. At $35, WTF, I'll work with it. I'm not the richest man in the world, but it won't kill me. I'm already looking to plug the holes and drill them in the right place for proper upper and lower mating. That's the good thing about plastic/polymer, I guess. I just have to find a suitable plastic rod or dowel to cut and epoxy in. Anybody know off the top of their heads what the diameter for the rear take down pin hole is? Once I get that taken care of, then I'll have the FCG pocket CNC'd for a clean look.
Old 10-25-2013, 2:56 AM

Try fitting an upper before you get all lathered up. None of my takedown holes "look" centered in the recess but in 6 lowers only 1 of mine has any fit issues. Yours may be fine despite the appearance. Shaving off part of the recess or using an end mill to widen the relief takes care of it no problem.
Old 10-26-2013, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Just heard back from EP. They claimed that different uppers and lowers mate together differently
I call that BS. All mil-spec upper lowers should fit mil-spec lowers. Blue print is available for any one to see on the internet. Google it!! Hint: the distance between he top surface to the center of the take down pins is 0.250".

Quote:
That said, I'm not terribly pissed off. At $35, WTF, I'll work with it. I'm not the richest man in the world, but it won't kill me. I'm already looking to plug the holes and drill them in the right place for proper upper and lower mating. That's the good thing about plastic/polymer, I guess. I just have to find a suitable plastic rod or dowel to cut and epoxy in. Anybody know off the top of their heads what the diameter for the rear take down pin hole is? Once I get that taken care of, then I'll have the FCG pocket CNC'd for a clean look.
I wouldn't do take that if I were you. It's not always easy to get polymar to stick to other plastic material. But, if you must, the take down pin hole is 0.250" in diameter.

Old 10-26-2013, 8:10 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Sold my EP Lower and glad I did.

"My pimpin' is on the loose! All the freak has to do is latch on like the caboose." Mr. Whitefolks

Buy 'em cheap, stack 'em deep!!

"Your government's the gangster, so cut the crap!!!" Chuck D.
Old 10-27-2013, 2:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm_ View Post
I call that BS. All mil-spec upper lowers should fit mil-spec lowers. Blue print is available for any one to see on the internet. Google it!! Hint: the distance between he top surface to the center of the take down pins is 0.250".

I wouldn't do take that if I were you. It's not always easy to get polymar to stick to other plastic material. But, if you must, the take down pin hole is 0.250" in diameter.

In the EP thread in the Commercial sales section, I guess someone else had the same idea, but he was going to fill it in with epoxy, then redrill. Again, it's only $48 including tax and shipping, I won't cry if I screw it up.

I measured the rear take down hole and it is 3/16 inch from the top and not 1/4 like you stated. And it also looks like 1/32 in too far forward as well.
Old 10-28-2013, 9:44 AM
Veteran Member

I paid full price, but I should have paid for a blem or not at all because what I got was garbage... twice. The warranty is a joke. They send you the same garbage. I returned one with out of place holes, got the same BS excuses about different lowers and uppers, and they sent a replacement that was even worse. I had to fill and redrill both rear holes, and had to drill several of the detent holes because they were too small, then had to shave the safety hole because the two locations weren't aligned right, then the grip hole was too tight so I used the next drill size up and ended up having to fill and tap that. On top of that, the interior is full of voids because EPL doesn't know how to inject plastic. In the end it is functional, but the product sucks. Their only perk is coming in different native colors.

I also ordered a JMT lower. Was flawless. The only imperfections were due to me trying to use a POS harbor freight XY vice that couldn't walk strait. After I chucked that POS, and got a decent XY table and vice, all went great.
Old 10-28-2013, 9:49 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdman View Post
In the EP thread in the Commercial sales section, I guess someone else had the same idea, but he was going to fill it in with epoxy, then redrill. Again, it's only $48 including tax and shipping, I won't cry if I screw it up.

I measured the rear take down hole and it is 3/16 inch from the top and not 1/4 like you stated. And it also looks like 1/32 in too far forward as well.
That is about the misalignment I had. What I did was I eyeballed the hole on one side enough to where I could use the upper as a drill guide, filled the opposite hole, waited for it to cure (12 hours minimum), then drilled it. Then fill the other side, wait for cure, then drill it the same way. Use clear packing tape from the inside to support the epoxy while it sets.

The part that sucks is I paid full price, paid for the return (which EP promised to credit but never did), then got the same POS in return. Won't happen again.
Old 10-28-2013, 9:50 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate74 View Post
Just heard back from EP. They claimed that different uppers and lowers mate together differently. Interesting since both the DD and PSA uppers fit fine on a JD Machine, RRA, and two different aluminum 80% lowers perfectly.

Regarding the rear take down pin, here's what they had to say, "With the rear take down pin it should fit and is off center if the recessed hole for quick pin installation."

Well, clearly you can tell from the picture that the pin DOES NOT fit.

I asked point blank if they were saying they was stuck with them, but I think I know what directly this is going.

Pretty poor business practice I'd say. Maybe time to visit their For Sale thread as well... or will that get me banned or something?
I'm planning to crap on them when I get around to it. They can get over it.
Old 10-28-2013, 1:16 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm_ View Post
0.250" +/- 0.003" The OP's lower is waaaaaaay out of spec. Assuming the worst fit between two in-spec milspec receiver halves (each one off 0.003" in opposite directions), the gap should be at most 0.006", just about 1.5 sheets of copy paper thick. In other words, if you can fold a piece of photocopier paper in half and fit it through the gap, it's out of spec. The OP's fitting a 4-sheet-thick folded paper through--that is INSANELY out of spec.

There are places on the lower I'd forgive, but neither of the posted problems is one of them.

Last edited by dchang0; 10-28-2013 at 1:19 PM..
Old 10-28-2013, 2:03 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang0 View Post
0.250" +/- 0.003" The OP's lower is waaaaaaay out of spec. Assuming the worst fit between two in-spec milspec receiver halves (each one off 0.003" in opposite directions), the gap should be at most 0.006", just about 1.5 sheets of copy paper thick. In other words, if you can fold a piece of photocopier paper in half and fit it through the gap, it's out of spec. The OP's fitting a 4-sheet-thick folded paper through--that is INSANELY out of spec.

There are places on the lower I'd forgive, but neither of the posted problems is one of them.
Thanks. I was pretty sure that was about what the spec was. I had the same issue as the OP, and EPL spewed this BS about different uppers... blah blah blah. They have lousy customer service and don't follow through on commitments.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:49 PM
Veteran Member

I finished one of these lowers last night that I bought from another calgunner and was not a "blem" according to the seller.

-I had it all milled out in about an hour with a dremel, no isses at all.

-The rear takedown pin hole isn't perfectly centered with the relief, but it isnt too bad. However, when fitted to an upper, you find that the holes are not drilled straight with one-another, and it requires a lot of force and a tool to assemble or disassemble the two halves of the gun.

-When finishing the rear of the FCG pocket, I hit some kind of air pocket where the safety detent passage is, and it blew that area out. I applied some epoxy last night and will re-drill that tonight.

-When assembling the bolt catch, I had to cut a coil or two off of the detent spring, as when assembled, the spring was too tight and wouldnt allow the catch to function, let alone move. I noticed this is because the hole for the roll pin is too far "inward" toward the receiver, but not a difficult fix. Also, the bolt catch paddle itself is a little loose laterally in its position, but that could vary by manufacturer (mine is PSA)

Overall, the idea of completing it myself in such little time, with so few tools and materials, for the low price - I would do it again

Last edited by TheExiled; 10-29-2013 at 12:52 PM..
Old 12-10-2013, 7:20 PM

I received two regular lowers recently. Both were blemished even though they were not sold as such. One has over half of the receiver with white bleach like splotches all over it. I have emailed them but apparently they only respond when they feel like it. They ignore any negative or problematic issues. I would beware buying anything from them. For a start up company they are getting a horrible reputation online. I hope they get their act together.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited by jdbanks; 12-13-2013 at 2:35 PM..
Old 12-10-2013, 8:31 PM

Both mine went good till you get the the selector holes. The side with the switch was a 16th out of both of mine.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:51 PM
Veteran Member

I was trying to be on the fence with these guys, but frankly I can't conclude anything other than they are incompetent, can't deliver on a commitment, and have a crappy product. I will have a more detailed review when I get to it, but for the same price, both polymer80 and james madison tactical blow EPL out of the water for about the same price. EPL has been a string of excuses, unkept promises, and junk product from day one. I had to return defective lowers twice on my dime. The second time Chris said he'd refund both shipping charges and the original purchase price for the trouble. The 3rd lower came in with 5 $1s.

To add insult to injury, Chris sent a letter saying that the lower I sent back fit both his uppers. Of course it fit, it was the one I had to over-drill, fill with JB weld, and re-drill to get in spec. That and the material issues were why I was returning it in the first place. I emailed him back and sent John a PM, no response. I'm tempted to call and see if Chris picks up, but frankly I don't feel like talking to the guy again. He seems pleasant, but in a car salesman sort of way. Excuses for everything, promises till the end of time, but if I didn't fulfill what he committed to before, I'm not spending more time on it. The 3rd lower ended up being a lot better, but holes on the selector side were a bit off. I compensated with a drill press and it came out fine, but I wouldn't buy from them again. And yes the first two would have been insulting to even call blems, and the third was barely passable (only because I checked with a JMT jig and compensated for holes being off), and still has the crappy surface.

I won't go so far as to suggest fraud or dishonesty simply because I never got that vibe, but they do seem like they know they have a half baked product and that they have to keep pushing it out the door to avoid going under.

They delete anything remotely critical from their threads even if it is just feedback, so I'll post it here. The product they sell got marginally better only because they set up another sales front. This is where they dump the junk even worse than what they sell directly:
poly80.com
Read the warranty section and you'll probably get the point. And of course they stole poly80 from polymer80.

I'm not sure when Bee Canyon opens so I can do the shooting test, but I only got the EPL to do a comparison between the other polymer 80% lowers on the market. I know what the review of the un-shot product will be. Honestly kind of sucks because I really wanted to like the only one doing a base color other than boring old black.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:02 PM
Veteran Member

This is long but just in case it goes down, I think it should live on for posterity. Here is the poly80 purchase agreement. The worst of the garbage is in the last 3rd. I asked on their thread why the separate site, and the question got poofed in under an hour. Here it is:

Poly80.com Purchase Agreement

Overview

This agreement is between Poly80.com and the customer. This agreement must be signed by the customer via check box on each product that is ordered which will act for the purposes of this agreement as an electronic signature. Poly80.com will record the IP Address and name of the individual who signed the purchase agreement. The customer will be referred to in the first person (I) many times in this agreement to ensure that it is clearly and fully understood before the customer agrees.Poly80.com may be referred to in the plural as (we,our or, us)

Individuals who use a Pseudonym on their order information agree that this does not free them from any agreements that they make.

I agree that I will read the entire Purchase Agreement before I check that I agree to it.

I agree that I am of sound mind

I agree that I wish to enter into this agreement of my own free will

I agree that I am legally able to enter into agreements such as this.

I agree that this Purchase Agreement will be in effect at the exact moment that I place an order on poly80.com and that this Purchase Agreement will govern any dispute arising from my placing an order.

I agree that should I attempt to break this agreement that I may be held liable in court for any damages to include legal fees that Poly80.com, its parent company or its affiliated companies should incur due to my breach of contract.

Mediation and Jurisdiction

It is agreed that any dispute arising from this agreement will first attempted to be resolved through mediation. Should Mediation fail any disputes arising from this agreement will be dealt with under the jurisdiction of the State of California in the County of San Diego

Severability

Should any part of this Agreement be rendered or declared invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction of the State of California, such invalidation of such part or portion of this Agreement should not invalidate the remaining portions thereof, and they shall remain in full force and effect.

It is further agreed that if part of the Agreement is determined invalid, either party may open negotiations solely with respect to a substitute for such Article, Section, or portion, within two (2) weeks after a ruling has been made.

Purchase Method

Ordering Online with us is safe and secure!

We employ a method of interaction with our visitors that does not compromise credit card information.

We encourage you to feel comfortable using your credit card to conduct commerce on our site. If you wish, you may also send us a Postal Order (only) or a personal check. Personal check will delay your order as we must wait for your funds to clear before we ship any merchandise.

Please allow an additional 7-10 business days for shipping of your merchandise if paid by personal check. To order by check, just print the order form with your shopping cart contents from the order confirmation page and complete the necessary fields, then mail the form to the address above.

It is impossible to stop all forms of electronic attack. Should any personal or credit information be obtained from the Poly80.com server illegally by a hacker or other criminal you agree that you will hold poly80.com harmless.

I agree that I will hold Poly80.com, its parent company and all affiliated companies harmless in the event of 3rd party illegal activity that causes my information to be obtained by unauthorized individuals.

Membership

Premium Membership at Poly80.com give the customer access to products and prices that are not available to non-members. Many times Poly80.com cannot display these prices to non-members due to Minimum Advertised Pricing Policies that have may enforced onto us by our suppliers. Memberships are purchased for a specified period of time and will be available for that period of time only.

If I am purchasing a Premium Membership I agree that it is a non-refundable purchase and my membership will remain valid for the time period that I have paid for. I fully understand that there will be NO refunds under any circumstances.

If I am purchasing or already have a Premium Membership I agree that I will not purchase products for non members.
If I am purchasing or already have a Premium Membership I agree that If I choose to purchase products for non members that I am liable pay to Poly80.com and its parent company the difference in price for the products that I have distributed to non members.

Restricted Persons

If you are not legally able to own a firearm you are not legally able to make one. It is your responsibility to know the Federal, State, and Local laws surrounding your purchase of an 80% lower receiver.

I Agree and affirm the following:

I am at least 21 years of age (for handgun) or I am 18 years of age (for rifle).

I have researched to ensure that I am not violating any local, state, or federal laws.

I have not have been convicted of any felony, a misdemeanor of domestic abuse, and I am not chemically dependent.

I have no legal restraint that would prohibit me from possessing, ordering, owning, or transferring a firearm.

I have never been committed to any mental institution, or been adjudicated as mentally defective.

I will not give a firearm to any minor.

I do not live in a state, city, or county that prohibits me from owning, purchasing, or transferring a home made firearm.

Legal Advice

Poly80.com gives no legal advice and any statement made on this site should not be construed as legal advice. It is your responsibility to know all laws surrounding a purchase.

I agree that Poly80.com, its parent company and any affiliated companies have not and will not give me any information that I will construe as legal advice.

Local, State, and Federal Law

It is your responsibility to know all laws surrounding a purchase. Please research any applicable Local, State, and Federal laws. If you need a legal advice please contact an attorney in your area that is familiar with Firearm laws.

I agree that I have researched to ensure that I am not violating any local, state, or federal laws and that it is legal for me to make, posses, and keep the firearm that I am intending to build.

I agree that I will hold Poly80.com, its parent company and any affiliated companies harmless for any legal woes that should befall me due to my unwillingness to research and understand the laws myself.

Return / Refund Policy

ALL ITEMS ARE SOLD AS-IS THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS OR RETURNS AFTER A PURCHASE HAS BEEN MADE.

IF YOU DESTROY YOUR LOWER WHILE YOU ARE TRYING TO CUT IT OUT WE WILL NOT REPLACE IT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.

YOU MAY NOT EXCHANGE ANY ITEMS THAT HAVE BEEN TURNED INTO FIREARMS

I agree that I will not be entitled to a refund or exchange.

Product notification:

Some Polymer Lowers have a noticeable hole in the magwell next to the mag release canal. This has no effect on function of the lower at all

I agree that I will not be entitled to a refund or exchange for the specifically above mentioned product notification.

Delivery Policy / Inventory

Delivery charges are calculated on a per-product basis. Please make note of the delivery charges associated with each item.

Most Orders ship out within 24-48 Hours. We ship all orders USPS and we provide tracking information via email at the time of shipment. We do not purchase insurance on your package and are not responsible for the lost mail.

By checking the box and electronically signing this document you are agreeing that you do not want insurance on your package and that you are not entitled to a refund or exchange if your items are lost in the mail.

I agree that I will hold Poly80.com harmless for goods that are lost/damaged by the shipping carrier.

I agree that I do not want insurance on my package

At the time this was written we have close to 500 polymer receivers, 3000 Lower Parts kits, and about 1000 Stock Assemblies.

Stock information is not shown. If your item is out of stock normal shipping times will be 1-2 weeks. If there is a rush or other outside influences that causes delays we should still be able to produce more than enough to keep up with demand. However, if there is an event that occurs outside of our company delays may take up to 1 year. Although 1 year is a very long lead time we have put this into the agreement to protect ourselves in case of a "gun panic buying spree"

By checking the box and electronically signing this document you are agreeing that you are placing an order for a non-refundable sales ticket.

I agree that I am purchasing a nonrefundable sales ticket and that I am more than willing to wait for up to 1 year for product and that I will not be entitled to a refund prior to 1 year. [which is long out of the window for a charge back BTW]

I agree that my purchase will be charged to me at the time of order.

I agree that the only expectation of delivery that I have is found in this agreement and is 1 year from the time I order. I further agree that this document and the time frame of 1 year will be the only reasonable expectation I have despite any other forms of communication such as email, telephone or mail. Any other communicated timeline is merely a possibility and I will not expect any time frame less than 1 year.

Warranty – AS IS

Poly80.com makes no warranty on any product that we sell. Some of the products do have manufacturer’s warranties by their perspective manufacturer.

I agree that neither Poly80.com, nor its parent company or affiliated companies, have given me any sort of warranty or guarantee.

I agree that should a problem arise with any product I order from Poly80.com that is not manufactured by Poly80.com its parent company or affiliated companies I will take seek recourse from the manufacturer and not from Poly80.com its parent company or affiliated companies.

Prices

Prices are correct at time of publication. Errors and omissions are excepted. Orders will be processed at our published prices, otherwise, in the case of any unexpected change in price, you will be informed and asked if you wish to reconsider your order before proceeding.

Breach of Agreement / Chargebacks

In the event that the customer files a chargeback with his respective Credit Card Company it will take us an immense amount of time / effort and associated costs to defend ourselves. Should the customer file for charge back we reserve the right to recoup damages.

I agree that I will not file a chargeback in an attempt to break this agreement that I have freely entered into. Should I choose to do so I will be liable for ALL funds that are issued back to me and will repay those funds immediately upon request. I further agree that I will pay for any additional damages caused by my attempt to breach this agreement such as legal fees.

Last edited by inbox485; 12-10-2013 at 11:08 PM..
Old 12-11-2013, 1:28 AM

Three words: Class Action Lawsuit
Old 12-11-2013, 6:17 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Wish I found this thread before black Friday. I am past the 7 day return policy.
The rear takedown pins are drilled about .030 too high.
Old 12-11-2013, 7:01 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baih777 View Post
Wish I found this thread before black Friday. I am past the 7 day return policy.
The rear takedown pins are drilled about .030 too high.
Call them. I'm not overly happy with them, but they were happy to send me a replacement outside the 7 days. You might get another equally defective, but my third came in fine.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-2013, 7:03 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireArms101 View Post
Three words: Class Action Lawsuit
For what? They haven't violated any laws or breached any contracts.

Old 12-11-2013, 7:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inbox485 View Post
For what? They haven't violated any laws or breached any contracts.

To:inbox485
Possibly for the following reasons or not....dishonest business practices, false advertisement, misleading advertisement, defective product liability, consequential damages, warranty of merchantability, court fees, attorney costs, gas, food, hotel, entertainment, incidentals, clothing, shelter, church donations, kids college fund, wife's hair, wife's nails, electric bill, gas bill, mortgage payment, car loan, rental vehicle, landscaping, dog food and not to forget range and ammo fees! People sue all the time for stupid reasons, I wasn't serious about the a class action lawsuit it was a joke not a very good one I but still a joke. I swear it seems to that about 99% of class actions lawsuits are something to joke about.

Oh and I forgot to add your two reasons "breaking laws or breach of contract" which of course are the two best ones. Thanks.

Love,
Firearms101

Last edited by FireArms101; 12-11-2013 at 7:59 AM.. Reason: Bad spelling.
Old 12-11-2013, 7:59 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireArms101 View Post
To:inbox485
Possibly for the following reasons or not....dishonest business practices, false advertisement, misleading advertisement, defective product liability, consequential damages, warranty of merchantability, court fees, attorney costs, gas, food, hotel, entertainment, clothing, shelter, church donations, kids college fund, wife's hair, wife's nails, electric big, gas bill, mortgage, car loan, rental vehicle, landscaping, dog food and not to forget range and ammo fees! People sue all the time for stupid reasons, I wasn't serious about the a class action lawsuit it was a joke not a very good one I but still a joke. Everyone knows 99% of class actions lawsuits are something to joke about.

Oh and I forgot to add your two reasons "breaking laws or breach of contract" which of course are the two best ones. Thanks.

Love,
Firearms101
Okay. Thought you were serious. I mean sure a lawyer would take your money and file the suit, but I don't think you'd get too far.
Old 12-11-2013, 5:01 PM

My lower was complete garbage. Their marks to be drilled aren't even correct. Mine wasn't a blemished either. Their response was that I drilled it wrong, yeah right. I and others have had all sorts of problems with the safety and the rear take down pins.

E P if you read this you should send me another one free of charge.
Old 12-11-2013, 5:12 PM
I need a LIFE!!

so it sounds like these should be drilled with a jig
Old 12-11-2013, 6:13 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohoki View Post
so it sounds like these should be drilled with a jig
At least checked with one. It is real hit and miss. I'm guessing they do a lot of shrinkage outside the mold. My first two had the markers spot on but the take down holes were off. The third had take down pins right but markers on the selector side off. They used to have horrid mag well and void issues so they do seem to be trying to improve, but I wouldn't trust their work to be accurate.

Old 12-12-2013, 8:02 AM

Great. I wish I say this thread before ordered 2 black ep lowers.
I just got them on tuesday. I put My upper on the lower last Night and there is a noticable gap between the 2.
Glad I only payed $55 each for them on black friday.
If they dont work I will be Looking for a jig to do some milling on a real %80.
Old 12-12-2013, 9:05 AM

Does anybody know if these are the same as the poly80.com lowers? Or are those ones higher quality?