Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-26-2008, 9:16 AM
1lostinspace's Avatar
1lostinspace 1lostinspace is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,866
iTrader: 28 / 100%
Default Glock torture test you have to see!!!!

I have always kept my Glock so clean that you could wipe a patch and it would come out white.

Then I saw this

http://www.theprepared.cacom/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=90&Item



I know there are a million people out there that will say their gun is better, hey what ever works for you, all I am saying is that Glocks are reliable.
__________________
There are sniper everywhere and nowhere.....who knows what is out there.

PUREMMA
MIXED MARTIAL ARTS ACADEMY

Last edited by 1lostinspace; 01-26-2008 at 9:19 AM..
  #2  
Old 01-26-2008, 9:34 AM
MrTuffPaws MrTuffPaws is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NorCal
Posts: 2,167
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Me thinks you will find lots of links pointing to lots of different torture tests of different guns. Strangely, pretty much any modern pistol will perform the same.

I'm glad that you like your glock and historically, glock is a milestone in gun history, but sigs, xds, cz, etc... are all pretty much on par with it.
  #3  
Old 01-26-2008, 9:37 AM
1lostinspace's Avatar
1lostinspace 1lostinspace is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,866
iTrader: 28 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTuffPaws View Post
Me thinks you will find lots of links pointing to lots of different torture tests of different guns. Strangely, pretty much any modern pistol will perform the same.

I'm glad that you like your glock and historically, glock is a milestone in gun history, but sigs, xds, cz, etc... are all pretty much on par with it.
can you please post some links.
They show a HK jamming up on the first test alone.
I would love to see some tests.
__________________
There are sniper everywhere and nowhere.....who knows what is out there.

PUREMMA
MIXED MARTIAL ARTS ACADEMY
  #4  
Old 01-26-2008, 10:42 AM
mothergreen mothergreen is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 475
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

yeah torture tests that last for a day or so and thats it. the man in the link abused his g21 for years while competing with it. thats a sticky over at glocktalk the guy who posted it doesn't hang around there anymore but he sure left his mark.
  #5  
Old 01-26-2008, 10:53 AM
Greg-Dawg Greg-Dawg is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Where I have no use for a bullet button.
Posts: 7,796
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Yup...Glocks pretty much rule the universe.
  #6  
Old 01-26-2008, 10:55 AM
Black Majik's Avatar
Black Majik Black Majik is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Orange County
Posts: 9,391
iTrader: 63 / 100%
Default

Of all those different tests performed... none of them stuck the Glock into the oven and seeing if it'd melt or not.









Sheesh...

  #7  
Old 01-26-2008, 11:26 AM
Linh's Avatar
Linh Linh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,251
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

When I was researching handguns this was the main reason I chose Glock plus my room mate had one and I chose the 23 which the FBI also issue if it's good for them then it is meet all of my needs.

True story I went shooting with a friend that had a Sig we went to shoot some steel so I was surprised at how well the Glock shot overall it was just as accurate as the sig that my friend shot. Also he is a better shooter than me so maybe I got lucky that day.
  #8  
Old 01-26-2008, 11:27 AM
Linh's Avatar
Linh Linh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,251
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Majik View Post
Of all those different tests performed... none of them stuck the Glock into the oven and seeing if it'd melt or not.

Sheesh...

Well not exactly the oven but I heard that the iraqi police force were being issued glock 19
  #9  
Old 01-26-2008, 11:29 AM
1lostinspace's Avatar
1lostinspace 1lostinspace is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,866
iTrader: 28 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Majik View Post
Of all those different tests performed... none of them stuck the Glock into the oven and seeing if it'd melt or not.







Sheesh...




When was the last time you got into a gun fight in your oven???
__________________
There are sniper everywhere and nowhere.....who knows what is out there.

PUREMMA
MIXED MARTIAL ARTS ACADEMY
  #10  
Old 01-26-2008, 2:40 PM
Turbinator's Avatar
Turbinator Turbinator is offline
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 11,260
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Majik View Post
Of all those different tests performed... none of them stuck the Glock into the oven and seeing if it'd melt or not.
Been done - read on, fellow CalGunners -

Quote:
PUBLICATION: The Toronto Star
DATE: 2002.04.19
SECTION: NEWS
PAGE: A15
SOURCE: AP
DATELINE: MILTON TOWNSHIP, Mich.

Gun in hot oven goes off, kills 5-month-old boy

A loaded <gun> placed inside an oven's broiler went off as the oven heated up, firing a bullet that struck and killed a 5-month-old boy, police said.

Dylan Christopher Goodwin was shot in the head as he lay on a living-room couch, some 8 metres from the oven.

The bizarre shooting occurred at about 7: 30 p.m. Tuesday at Dylan's home in Milton Township, near the Michigan-Indiana border, the South Bend (Ind.) Tribune reported yester- day.

Dylan was rushed to hospital, where he was pronounced dead about 30 minutes later.

The local sheriff's office said a relative discovered a Glock .40-calibre semiautomatic pistol lying in the kitchen on Tuesday morning and put it in the oven to get it out of the way. The <gun> was then forgotten.

When the oven was turned on that evening to cook pizza, the <gun> discharged. The bullet went through the back of the oven and into the living room toward Dylan.

"The oven was in an island in the middle of the kitchen. There was nothing in between where the bullet exited the stove ... to interfere with the path of the bullet," said sheriff's Detective Kristen Daly.

In the home at the time were the baby's teenage parents, his maternal grandmother, the grandmother's 13-year-old daughter; and another man. All lived at the home, police said.

"Once they saw the child, they remembered the <gun> was in the broiler pan," Daly said. "They knew before we got there what caused the injury."

Ammunition can explode when exposed to extreme heat, Daly said. The <gun>, which had plastic components, partially melted in the oven.

An autopsy concluded the infant's death was not the result of foul play, Sheriff Joseph Underwood Jr. said.
Looks like it did melt - but not before still functioning. You tell me, if it's hot enough in the room to cook off a round, would you still be there holding your gun even if it weren't a Glock?

Turby
  #11  
Old 01-26-2008, 2:54 PM
Timberland's Avatar
Timberland Timberland is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sac area
Posts: 917
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Who would honestly think to put a gun in an oven, They really must have been starved for cabinet space. I think they should have listened to the NRA and not messed with somone elses gun. NOTE... it was broiled, not baked, thus it probably was nearing 600F.
"In the home at the time were the baby's teenage parents, his maternal grandmother, the grandmother's 13-year-old daughter; and another man. All lived at the home, police said."
Thats also worthy of note, but the gun in the oven is almost rationilized in that enviorment.
__________________
FOR SALE: XD45, 24/47 Yugo Mauser, AK RPD AES-10b

Last edited by Timberland; 01-26-2008 at 2:57 PM..
  #12  
Old 01-26-2008, 3:09 PM
TurboAR's Avatar
TurboAR TurboAR is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Livermore, CA
Posts: 693
iTrader: 58 / 100%
Default

Make sure your future father-in-law reads/views this. I buying a Glock!!!
  #13  
Old 01-26-2008, 3:58 PM
Ryan HBC's Avatar
Ryan HBC Ryan HBC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Harbor City, Cali
Posts: 542
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

Glocks are great! I own two of them.

The only issue I have is with the Glock fan boys that think their Glock is the end all of firearms. (see above) They believe that the USP/1911/Sig will immediately seize when dirty, where the Glock can be dropped out of a plane no problem.

I think the Glock has become the handgun of choice for newbs. Most of the Glock fanboys have a lot to learn, and there is not much funnier than watching them try to justify why Glocks blow up in the operators hand more than any other handgun.
  #14  
Old 01-26-2008, 4:39 PM
5968's Avatar
5968 5968 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,570
iTrader: 45 / 100%
Default

This link has been posted before .Glocks are alright and I will agree that they seem to be the choice for newbs. Do I think they are the best pistol on the planet? No, I do not. If they are so great, why aren’t all the special ops guys using them? They fill a niche in the firearms market, but that is about it. And yes, I own a glock.
__________________
If you loan someone twenty dollars and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
NFA is a long ways off as well it should be. Going after the NFA soon is like asking the girl you just met in the bar if she's into anal sex...-Gene
  #15  
Old 01-26-2008, 5:10 PM
1lostinspace's Avatar
1lostinspace 1lostinspace is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,866
iTrader: 28 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5968 View Post
This link has been posted before .Glocks are alright and I will agree that they seem to be the choice for newbs. Do I think they are the best pistol on the planet? No, I do not. If they are so great, why arenít all the special ops guys using them? They fill a niche in the firearms market, but that is about it. And yes, I own a glock.

Why does our military issue a Barretta?
Why are we using a gas system when piston uppers are available?
__________________
There are sniper everywhere and nowhere.....who knows what is out there.

PUREMMA
MIXED MARTIAL ARTS ACADEMY
  #16  
Old 01-26-2008, 5:23 PM
5968's Avatar
5968 5968 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,570
iTrader: 45 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lostinspace View Post
Why does our military issue a Barretta?
Why are we using a gas system when piston uppers are available?
Cost.
__________________
If you loan someone twenty dollars and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
NFA is a long ways off as well it should be. Going after the NFA soon is like asking the girl you just met in the bar if she's into anal sex...-Gene
  #17  
Old 01-26-2008, 5:45 PM
maxicon's Avatar
maxicon maxicon is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Jose
Posts: 4,598
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5968 View Post
Cost.
Don't forget politics...
__________________

NRA Life Member
  #18  
Old 01-26-2008, 6:08 PM
AngelDecoys's Avatar
AngelDecoys AngelDecoys is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Manteca
Posts: 2,396
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Love my Glocks. Have put 1000's of rounds through them without a single malfunction, misfire, or other problem. 1000's with only running a patch, or putting on some lubricant.

I figure the gun will wear out before I have to actually clean it. Could never say the same with my 1911's.
__________________
Manteca Sportsmen General website.
MS 2012 General Schedule thread look here.
Women's Classes at the Manteca Sportsmen (2012 Schedule posted)
Indoor Winter Rimfire Shoot. Information here
  #19  
Old 01-26-2008, 6:19 PM
1lostinspace's Avatar
1lostinspace 1lostinspace is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,866
iTrader: 28 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDecoys View Post
Love my Glocks. Have put 1000's of rounds through them without a single malfunction, misfire, or other problem. 1000's with only running a patch, or putting on some lubricant.

I figure the gun will wear out before I have to actually clean it. Could never say the same with my 1911's.
1911 is a great target gun but me personally I would not trust my life to one.
__________________
There are sniper everywhere and nowhere.....who knows what is out there.

PUREMMA
MIXED MARTIAL ARTS ACADEMY
  #20  
Old 01-26-2008, 9:24 PM
gileas gileas is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bay Area California
Posts: 25
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default springfield XD - glock?

I heard someone say springfield has to pay some sort of royalty to Glock for the design of the XD, either arrived at "pre-court law suit" or as result of Glock lawyers. Rumor or fact? Either way, which would you pick of the two, an XD or Glock? I also saw that they are made in Croatia stamped on one I looked at.
I thought Springfield were made in USA? Does that term, "Made in USA" really mean anything anymore when it comes to quality handguns? Not that I am putting the XD in a "quality handgun" catagory.
Gileas
  #21  
Old 01-26-2008, 9:32 PM
Ech0Sierra Ech0Sierra is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Walnut, CA
Posts: 940
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

RIA-Phillipines
H&K- Germany
Schmidt und Bender-Germany
Glock- Austria
AI- England
Para- Canada
Benelli, Beretta, Perazzi-Italy
Saiga- Russia
Wolf-Russia
S&B-Czechoslovakia whatever
Aguila-Mexico
Made in USA ≠ Good Gun/ammo/scope/accessory
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangO3 View Post
I practice this off a chair with plastic poo at the range. I call it "The Jenkem Drill".
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoWeird View Post
I'd have my face hunched so low I'd be able to do coke lines off the buffer tube with my eyelids.
  #22  
Old 01-26-2008, 9:55 PM
8200rpm's Avatar
8200rpm 8200rpm is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ghetto Mesa, CA
Posts: 1,136
iTrader: 66 / 100%
Default

Torture tests are kinda silly...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjmtj9TgX8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpl0ZJkikNA
  #23  
Old 01-26-2008, 10:07 PM
1lostinspace's Avatar
1lostinspace 1lostinspace is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,866
iTrader: 28 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8200rpm View Post
no that sh1t is silly they are just pulling the slide back and forth not shooting an actual round and those test are nothing compared to what that Glock went through. Lol that's funny the test is to see if the weapon fires and then cycles.
Gun's with hammers naturally get crap in the way and don't work period.
__________________
There are sniper everywhere and nowhere.....who knows what is out there.

PUREMMA
MIXED MARTIAL ARTS ACADEMY
  #24  
Old 01-26-2008, 10:10 PM
Army's Avatar
Army Army is offline
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Trailer Trash For Life!
Posts: 3,881
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Wouldn't trust your life to a 1911? Please explain that to millions of vets of WWI, China Marines, South American and Carribean involvments, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, and currently the US Marine Corps EF's.

NO other handgun can claim so much time in the mud and blood as a front line weapon. Real torture tests don't happen in a lab.
__________________
"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself...A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague."......Cicero
  #25  
Old 01-26-2008, 10:14 PM
proraptor's Avatar
proraptor proraptor is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 2,607
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan HBC View Post
Glocks are great! I own two of them.

The only issue I have is with the Glock fan boys that think their Glock is the end all of firearms. (see above) They believe that the USP/1911/Sig will immediately seize when dirty, where the Glock can be dropped out of a plane no problem.

I think the Glock has become the handgun of choice for newbs. Most of the Glock fanboys have a lot to learn, and there is not much funnier than watching them try to justify why Glocks blow up in the operators hand more than any other handgun.
All guns blow up....you just hear about it more with glocks because there are more of them out there....

BTW: Id love to see you call dave sevigny a newb
__________________
Nothin says hate like a .308
  #26  
Old 01-26-2008, 10:17 PM
proraptor's Avatar
proraptor proraptor is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 2,607
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5968 View Post
If they are so great, why arenít all the special ops guys using them?
You associate glocks with newbs yet you make one of the most newb comments Ive seen on these boards....
__________________
Nothin says hate like a .308
  #27  
Old 01-26-2008, 10:17 PM
1lostinspace's Avatar
1lostinspace 1lostinspace is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,866
iTrader: 28 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army View Post
Wouldn't trust your life to a 1911? Please explain that to millions of vets of WWI, China Marines, South American and Carribean involvments, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, and currently the US Marine Corps EF's.

NO other handgun can claim so much time in the mud and blood as a front line weapon. Real torture tests don't happen in a lab.
I didn't say it does not work I said personally I prefer a Glock
__________________
There are sniper everywhere and nowhere.....who knows what is out there.

PUREMMA
MIXED MARTIAL ARTS ACADEMY

Last edited by 1lostinspace; 01-26-2008 at 10:20 PM..
  #28  
Old 01-26-2008, 10:18 PM
proraptor's Avatar
proraptor proraptor is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 2,607
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army View Post
Wouldn't trust your life to a 1911? Please explain that to millions of vets of WWI, China Marines, South American and Carribean involvments, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, and currently the US Marine Corps EF's.

NO other handgun can claim so much time in the mud and blood as a front line weapon. Real torture tests don't happen in a lab.
Sorry to say it but I wouldnt trust my life with a 1911 either.....There are much more reliable guns on the market these days....and yes Ive owned a 1911
__________________
Nothin says hate like a .308
  #29  
Old 01-26-2008, 10:19 PM
1lostinspace's Avatar
1lostinspace 1lostinspace is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,866
iTrader: 28 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by proraptor View Post
You associate glocks with newbs yet you make one of the most newb comments Ive seen on these boards....
I don't even know what to say you said it all lol
__________________
There are sniper everywhere and nowhere.....who knows what is out there.

PUREMMA
MIXED MARTIAL ARTS ACADEMY
  #30  
Old 01-26-2008, 10:31 PM
Ryan HBC's Avatar
Ryan HBC Ryan HBC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Harbor City, Cali
Posts: 542
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by proraptor View Post
All guns blow up....you just hear about it more with glocks because there are more of them out there....

BTW: Id love to see you call dave sevigny a newb
That's a pretty good excuse, but do you really think there are more Glocks out there than 1911's? Tell you what, go do some searching. For every instance you show me about a 1911 blowing up, I'll show you 2 about a Glock Ka Boom.

I am not saying Glocks blow up all the time, but the fan boyism is causing you to lie to yourself.
  #31  
Old 01-26-2008, 10:38 PM
Ryan HBC's Avatar
Ryan HBC Ryan HBC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Harbor City, Cali
Posts: 542
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lostinspace View Post
no that sh1t is silly they are just pulling the slide back and forth not shooting an actual round and those test are nothing compared to what that Glock went through. Lol that's funny the test is to see if the weapon fires and then cycles.
Gun's with hammers naturally get crap in the way and don't work period.
I think those Sig tests are just as stupid as the Glock tests. They shot the gun at the end of the video, its pretty much the same as firing it after every individual test.

Once again I must reiterate, I heart Glocks but don't like it when people O.D. on the koolaid.
  #32  
Old 01-26-2008, 10:59 PM
5968's Avatar
5968 5968 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,570
iTrader: 45 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by proraptor View Post
You associate glocks with newbs yet you make one of the most newb comments Ive seen on these boards....
Not true. I did not say that only newbs buy them. I bought one and at the time I already owned multiple pistols. I stated that Glocks are popular with newbs to pistols. I have seen numerous "newbs" that were attracted to Glocks for various reasons such as reliability, simplicity and COST.
__________________
If you loan someone twenty dollars and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
NFA is a long ways off as well it should be. Going after the NFA soon is like asking the girl you just met in the bar if she's into anal sex...-Gene
  #33  
Old 01-26-2008, 11:00 PM
1lostinspace's Avatar
1lostinspace 1lostinspace is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,866
iTrader: 28 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan HBC View Post
I think those Sig tests are just as stupid as the Glock tests. They shot the gun at the end of the video, its pretty much the same as firing it after every individual test.

Once again I must reiterate, I heart Glocks but don't like it when people O.D. on the koolaid.

I guess it's a mater of what your flavor is, to think that any torture test is stupid is stupid with in it self. Be true to your self and gun how many rounds do you have through it and how many times have you jammed?
Through my G17 I have about 7000+ rounds no malfunctions of any kind!
My G21 4000+ rounds jammed on 185+P Hydroshock friend jammed on same lot using a G21 and like me it was the first and only time, it's safe to say that I will never load any kind of Hydroshock through my weapon, winchester T series ranger +P 230 and Golden Sabors 185+P for me.

So be honest.... or call BS on me either way I know the truth

Ps this includes cheap as Wolf ammo
__________________
There are sniper everywhere and nowhere.....who knows what is out there.

PUREMMA
MIXED MARTIAL ARTS ACADEMY
  #34  
Old 01-26-2008, 11:07 PM
SFFRONTMAN's Avatar
SFFRONTMAN SFFRONTMAN is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,361
iTrader: 87 / 100%
Default

Id trust my life to hk,sig,beretta,glock,s&w blah blah, but NEVER a desert eagle.
  #35  
Old 01-26-2008, 11:09 PM
1lostinspace's Avatar
1lostinspace 1lostinspace is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,866
iTrader: 28 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFFRONTMAN View Post
Id trust my life to hk,sig,beretta,glock,s&w blah blah, but NEVER a desert eagle.
how about after it fail in sand or in the ocean?
__________________
There are sniper everywhere and nowhere.....who knows what is out there.

PUREMMA
MIXED MARTIAL ARTS ACADEMY
  #36  
Old 01-26-2008, 11:13 PM
Ryan HBC's Avatar
Ryan HBC Ryan HBC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Harbor City, Cali
Posts: 542
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lostinspace View Post
I guess it's a mater of what your flavor is, to think that any torture test is stupid is stupid with in it self. Be true to your self and gun how many rounds do you have through it and how many times have you jammed?
Through my G17 I have about 7000+ rounds no malfunctions of any kind!
My G21 4000+ rounds jammed on 185+P Hydroshock friend jammed on same lot using a G21 and like me it was the first and only time, it's safe to say that I will never load any kind of Hydroshock through my weapon, winchester T series ranger +P 230 and Golden Sabors 185+P for me.

So be honest.... or call BS on me either way I know the truth

Ps this includes cheap as Wolf ammo
No failures of any kind in the Glocks. Not that many rounds though, under 1000 each. Same with the USP's, the Sig the XD, etc. You won't ever hear me say they aren't reliable, you just won't hear me say they are MORE reliable their competitors.

I have had some failures in other handguns. Kimber 1911 would fail until I replaced the factory mags, Para Warthog was very sensitive to limp wristing, some issues with rimfire. I've been pretty lucky with reliability in general. Then again, I take great care of my stuff and never shoot any crappy ammo.
  #37  
Old 01-26-2008, 11:16 PM
proraptor's Avatar
proraptor proraptor is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 2,607
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan HBC View Post
That's a pretty good excuse, but do you really think there are more Glocks out there than 1911's? Tell you what, go do some searching. For every instance you show me about a 1911 blowing up, I'll show you 2 about a Glock Ka Boom.

I am not saying Glocks blow up all the time, but the fan boyism is causing you to lie to yourself.
Yeah lets act like nerds and search the internet all night for KB information (which we dont even know if its the truth or not because its the internet, you know the one where 40 year old guys hit on you as 18 year old girls with double D's)....Sounds like a good way to spend a saturday night.....not

Do glock barrels have a semi unsupported chamber? Yes
do they blow up all the time like you are claiming? No....not even with thousand upon thousands of hot reloads

You can use your 1911 when the zombies come....Ill be the one alive shooting at you after you turn into one of them
__________________
Nothin says hate like a .308
  #38  
Old 01-26-2008, 11:18 PM
SFFRONTMAN's Avatar
SFFRONTMAN SFFRONTMAN is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,361
iTrader: 87 / 100%
Default

If it fail in the ocean, then Ill pull out my trusty spear gun and finish those zombies off.
  #39  
Old 01-26-2008, 11:33 PM
technique's Avatar
technique technique is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Idaho- don't come here.
Posts: 10,539
iTrader: 77 / 100%
Default

I have a glock 35 and when i here a bump in the night, i go right past the 12ga., and AR, i love that pistol and i trust my life to it. I almost bought a 1911, except i here that they are picky about the magazines you put in them, and there are alot of feeding issues... can any one clear that up? I have been told that from several individuals.
__________________
07/02 Out of State FFL

California Uber Alles, California Uber Alles
Uber Alles California, Uber Alles California

I am Governor Jerry Brown, My aura smiles and never frowns, Soon I will be President...
  #40  
Old 01-26-2008, 11:34 PM
Ryan HBC's Avatar
Ryan HBC Ryan HBC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Harbor City, Cali
Posts: 542
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by proraptor View Post
Yeah lets act like nerds and search the internet all night for KB information (which we dont even know if its the truth or not because its the internet, you know the one where 40 year old guys hit on you as 18 year old girls with double D's)....Sounds like a good way to spend a saturday night.....not

Do glock barrels have a semi unsupported chamber? Yes
do they blow up all the time like you are claiming? No....not even with thousand upon thousands of hot reloads

You can use your 1911 when the zombies come....Ill be the one alive shooting at you after you turn into one of them
Well, I got nothing to do tonight, lol. The Internet is really the only resource I have access to. I could go around taking polls at gun shops and ranges, but I don't think that would work as well. Do you think people would make up instances of Glock failures's?

Seriously though, in your first post you said the reason for a high number of Glock KB reports is because there is more of them. As long as you are acknowledging that the loose chamber contributes to a increase probability of KB then I apologize for calling you a koolaid drinker.

But hey, after the zombies kill me and the survivors find my body, they'll know I died with some class once they see the custom 1911 in my cold dead hand.

Last edited by Ryan HBC; 01-26-2008 at 11:38 PM..
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:14 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.