Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2013, 2:52 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default Wtf

When I bought my mosin from Turners in Torrance. I asked if it came with all the accessories, they said yes. Since Turners is a big company I took their word for it. I inspected the rifle, but didn't check the rest of the stuff. As I said Turners is a big company. When I got my rifle home it was missing all the pouches and the sling. They said that's the way they come. I know several people who've bought them and they come with everything.

Last edited by pigpen66m; 10-12-2013 at 3:02 PM..
Old 10-12-2013, 2:54 PM
Calguns Addict

Oooooman
Old 10-12-2013, 11:55 PM

was it one of the ones with almost no cosmoline (ser# starting with RNM) on them? all they came with i saw was just the bayo & a oil can. diffrent distrubutor must have taken the ammo pouches & sling out.
"The gun has played a critical role in history...an invention that has been both praised and denounced...served hero and villain alike...and carries with it moral responsibility. To better understand the gun is to better understand history."
Old 10-13-2013, 12:22 AM

My dad bought my Mosin M44 about 15 years ago. It didn't come with anything other than they rifle and they bayonet.
Old 10-13-2013, 9:22 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

[QUOTE=ham;12527393]was it one of the ones with almost no cosmoline (ser# starting with RNM) on them? all they came with i saw was just the bayo & a oil can. diffrent distrubutor must have taken the ammo pouches & sling out.[/QUOTE

Yes it was. I asked prior to buying it they said it had everything. They've sold Mosins before. They should have at least said that this batch came from a different distributor and didn't come with a sling or pouches, instead they said they came with everything. I could have crossed the street to Big 5 and picked one up from them with everything for the same price.
Old 10-13-2013, 9:23 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnybookz View Post
My dad bought my Mosin M44 about 15 years ago. It didn't come with anything other than they rifle and they bayonet.
All the 91/30s that I've seen being sold have come with everything. Until I bought mine.
Old 10-13-2013, 9:24 AM
Calguns Addict

How is you not checking eveything their fault?

When did I go from being a "citizen" to a "taxpayer"?

Jon Lovitz: I cant wait to go to a hospital run by the DMV!
Old 10-13-2013, 9:37 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by njineermike View Post
How is you not checking eveything their fault?
Being that Turners is a big company and not a small local lgs I took their word for it. I also don't like the fact that they switched Mosins on me. When the salesman brought the box out to show me the rifle. It was stamped with a 1931 date on it. I don't think anyone Cheka the serial number on a rifle before they pick it up. When I picked up the rifle the serial number matched the dros, but the barrel was dated 1942 they did have a different serial number written under the comply of m DL that was probably the one I had picked. It's up to Turners if they want to lose my business over a $20 sling and pouches. I spend thousands of $$ there every year.
Old 10-13-2013, 9:54 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen66m View Post
Being that Turners is a big company and not a small local lgs I took their word for it. I also don't like the fact that they switched Mosins on me. When the salesman brought the box out to show me the rifle. It was stamped with a 1931 date on it. I don't think anyone Cheka the serial number on a rifle before they pick it up. When I picked up the rifle the serial number matched the dros, but the barrel was dated 1942 they did have a different serial number written under the comply of m DL that was probably the one I had picked. It's up to Turners if they want to lose my business over a $20 sling and pouches. I spend thousands of $$ there every year.
The entire gun evidently got swapped, and you're worried about a sling? I'd be furious about a gun swap myself, but I always cross check the DROS with the gun I see before I sign anything.

Old 10-13-2013, 11:38 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by njineermike View Post
The entire gun evidently got swapped, and you're worried about a sling? I'd be furious about a gun swap myself, but I always cross check the DROS with the gun I see before I sign anything.
Other dros and gun matched it was sealed before the dros. Like I said the gun I handed him was stamped 1931. When you buy a gun you check the serial number when you pick it up not prior to starting dros, but that wasn't a big deal to me since I wasn't looking for a pot of gold. That's why it wasn't in my original complaint.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:01 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen66m View Post
Other dros and gun matched it was sealed before the dros. Like I said the gun I handed him was stamped 1931. When you buy a gun you check the serial number when you pick it up not prior to starting dros, but that wasn't a big deal to me since I wasn't looking for a pot of gold. That's why it wasn't in my original complaint.
Its not about a pot of gold. If I inspect a firearm, and they switch it on me, I just bought a firearm I didn't personally check, but it's your gun, not mine.

Old 10-13-2013, 12:06 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I checked both guns they were both in great shape. If the one stamped with 1931 had the hex receiver I would have been pissed.
Old 10-13-2013, 4:59 PM

The guns on display are display guns. The gun on your invoice is probably coming from the warehouse. Mosins are surplus guns and it's always a crapshoot as to what comes with them. There is no serial number on a long gun DROS only the SN is handwritten on the 4473 when you pick up. If the salesman told you that the rifle came with goodies bring it up with the Department Manager and see if he can source these items. The bottom line is the sales person blew it by assuming these items were included because this go around they didn't!
Old 10-13-2013, 5:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

These Mosins were at the store. I inspected both rifles and handed the salesperson the one I wanted. He put the serial number under the copy of my DL. They did have a Mosin on display, but we never looked at that one since they had several in stock at the store. I've bought new guns from them without inspecting them prior to dros because they do come
From the warehouse, but with Mosins you have to inspect them before you buy. Very good to them might not be very good to someone else.
Old 10-28-2013, 4:51 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thumbs up

After a phone call and a couple of emails. Everything was made right.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ham View Post
was it one of the ones with almost no cosmoline (ser# starting with RNM) on them? all they came with i saw was just the bayo & a oil can. diffrent distrubutor must have taken the ammo pouches & sling out.
+1... i saw someone had the same issue with his 91/30 at fv store...

"I want the truth! You can't handle the truth!!!" A Few Good Men