Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Commercial Sales
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Commercial Sales For the Commercial sales of Firearms and Accessories. Read the rules before posting.

Old 01-22-2008, 7:29 AM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default $270 Sig Sauer P6 / 225 sale from Centerfire.

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/

Shipping is approximately $20. When I called to ask if they would ship to Cali, the guy told me there were no restrictions for this pistol. They are taking backorders right now because they're supply has not arrived yet. These are police trade in's and of unknown condition. The guy over the phone said that if they are like the last batch, they will be in NRA "good" condition.

69Mach1
munkeeboi
TURBOELKY
antix2
WTSGDYBBR
tujungatoes
jmpgnr24K
Old 01-22-2008, 7:37 AM
Vendor/Retailer

"Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization."
Old 01-22-2008, 8:00 AM
Banned

That a nice price and all but your final OTD price will probably be close to ~ $400. Just something to think about when you add up all the numbers;

$270 for the Sig
$20 for shipping
$25 for DROS
$25 for CA sales tax
$50 CA 01FFL fee (this is just an average, it can be lower or way higher)

OTD Total = $390

I know this will happen...some calgunner places an order then will get sticker shock when his FFL says,"That comes to a total of $100 please." Then that CG will come here and complain about high transfer fees. So don't say that I didn't warn you.

How about a group buy or see if a Cali FFL will buy a bunch and pass on a little of the savings on to the customer and try to get the OTD price to around $365
Old 01-22-2008, 8:04 AM
Part time Emperor
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Gunaria is right about it. That total or a tad over $400 is the general price if you order it thru your local FFL.

Either way, you will still support your local FFL. DROS away.
Old 01-22-2008, 8:45 AM
Vendor/Retailer

$400 for a VG SIG P6/225, with two magazines and a holster (probably the Bundeswehr leather holsters that CDNN was selling a while back), is still a very very good deal. I have seen these guns for myself. The finish is worn due to holster wear, but the barrels and action are equal to or better than any SIG CPO that I've ever handled. The difference is the the CPOs have a quickie refinishing, and a little blue sticker tape around the handle.

But the point is moot. I just called Centerfire. They are refusing to sell any handguns to California. Doesnt matter if it is an individual, ffl, or even 07 FFL. No sales to California.

If there folks here who don't think this is fair, please email Centerfire. I already have:

Quote:
Dear Centerfire,

This morning I was looking forward to purchasing one of your SIG P6 handguns. However, I was taken aback by your company's policy of "no handgun sales to California, even if the handgun is 100% CA legal". The SIG P6/225 is CA approved, is being sold by major stores such as Turners (www.turners.com), and both it and its 8round magazines have a well established legality here in CA. Yet I was told that, even if we were to clearly demonstrate that the firearm is legal, you will not ship any handguns to CA FFLs. This is unfortunate, as we had hoped that your company would be CA-friendly.

Here is a link to the CA Department of Justice website listing the P225 as CA-approved: http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/safeguns_resp.asp

I look forward to the day when we might be able to do business again.

Kev
info@centerfiresystems.com

"Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization."

Last edited by duenor; 01-22-2008 at 9:08 AM..
Old 01-22-2008, 8:45 AM

but is still better then Turner's P225 for$457+tax+DROS.
if some one can group buy will be nice in LA area

? I am ESL student...so excuse me ESL writing in England